Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Part Wanted LM Turbo
Posted by: JimBrandberg ()
Date: April 20, 2022 01:31PM

Looking for 3856709 turbo 65-66. I'm working on a LM and it turns out it has a 64 turbo and a 62 carburetor.
I do have a a 3856709 turbo but there's no intake side impeller wheel when I peek inside. Perhaps if someone has a wheel I can make something work.
The 64 turbo has excessive radial play in the bearing. I suppose I should take them both apart for a look.
Maybe someone has a good turbo laying around they're not going to use. It never hurts to ask.

Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com

Re: Part Wanted LM Turbo
Posted by: jfreez ()
Date: April 20, 2022 02:34PM

sounds like you are in the same position I was in. once I found a LM turbo set up, it was also missing the impeller. I was able find that through CA corvair parts.

It looks like Mikes corvair parts has what you need in stock

Posted by: alphasud ()
Date: April 20, 2022 04:32PM

Pm Sent

David North Idaho
1965 Corsa Turbo converted to 140
1971 Super Beetle with 2.5L Subaru engine
1988 Citroen CX 25 GTI Turbo

Posted by: 2ragtops ()
Date: April 20, 2022 05:11PM

I have a bunch of turbo parts, let me look and see

Bob Bauer

Show-Me Corvairs
1966 Monza Convert 140 P/G with A/C, plastic wheel with tele-column am-fm posi-traction
1928 Ford Model A 2 door sedan
House Springs, Missouri

Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: April 20, 2022 05:24PM

I have a couple 180 exhaust impellers and 4 150 inlet Impellers (3) and 1 180 inlet impeller. Along with a carbon seal with housing. I will have them at Helen this weekend. Info to know in case you need to put one together by buying individual parts.

Posted by: junkman ()
Date: April 21, 2022 08:30AM

I have a complete 180 turbo with the carburetor still attached. Took it off the car but don't know anything about it. Make an offer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Date: April 22, 2022 07:55PM

I have a turbo of unknown condition coming. I wasn't looking to buy anything extra at this time but will save the other information that other folks sent in case it doesn't work out. Thank you for all the responses.

Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com

Date: May 13, 2022 03:20PM

The turbo of unknown condition didn't get me very far. The vanes on the exhaust turbine are eroded away. The other one I have here the left hand threads are boogered up on the end.

I'm looking for a LM turbine and shaft. I'm hoping there's some good ones laying around after folks do the small turbine/large impeller thing.

Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com

Posted by: jazzworkerbee ()
Date: May 14, 2022 11:40AM

PM sent.

Daniel Atkinson
Tacoma, WA
65 Turbocharged Corsa

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.