Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
EM Aluminum Slotted Wheel Wanted
Posted by: JimBrandberg ()
Date: April 11, 2022 05:06AM

I've got a 64 coupe Rat Rod project in mind. I was thinking about using some aluminum slotted wheels I have with 205/60/R13 tires in a how low can you go fashion but discovered the 4 I have are not all the same.

Does anyone have one or two 5 1/2 or 6" wide; 4 x 4.5 aluminum slotted wheels around? I will not use Uni-lugs and prefer the type where the lug nut shoulder goes through the wheel rather than beveled that sits on top. We can talk about size and backspacing depending on if you have 1 or 2 wheels. I would measure backspacing by laying a straightedge across the wheel and measuring down to where it rests against the drum.

I'm not looking to spend much, I'm just trying to use stuff laying around. If you've only got 1 or 2 and you're not going to use them anyway...

If this doesn't pan out I'll probably use blue painted steel wheels to bring the interior color outside and small poverty wheel covers. I've got more 61 wheel covers than 61 wheels however.

Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com

Re: EM Aluminum Slotted Wheel Wanted
Posted by: doug6423 ()
Date: April 11, 2022 07:34AM

If you can't find 1 or 2, I have a set of 4 slotted 13" aluminum mags, but they are 5 lug. The lug shoulder does goes all the way through and the lugs are all fairly new and nice looking.

Doug
65 Monza
Cincy, OH

Attachments:
Posted by: The Stig ()
Date: April 11, 2022 07:45AM

I have a set of 13’s aluminum slotted wheels. They are white. Might be a bit to ship….. but there would like to find a good home.

Posted by: JimBrandberg ()
Date: May 08, 2022 07:51PM

PM received from someone with 2. Hope it works out
I'm not so keen on them that I want to buy a set of 4. Trying to use what I've got. White wouldn't be the thing for this go round.
I've got a set of 4 5 bolt aluminum slots if someone is interested. Michelin X tires even... They're probably 13 x 5.5.

Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.