Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
REPORTS! Arizona Corvair Cruise-In April 2nd Scottsdale AZ SATURDAY!!
Posted by: azdave ()
Date: March 28, 2022 02:58PM

I posted this in the "Events" sticky thread earlier in the month but I know plenty of people don't go looking there or forget so here is a friendly reminder. grinning smiley

This free event is hosted by the Cactus Corvair Club and is open to any and all Corvairs or Corvair-powered vehicles. Many V8 Registry members will also be joining the event this year to see it there is enough interest in forming a sub-chapter in this region.

Gain, no admission or entry fees for this event but we will be glad to accept donations that will directly benefit the local Ronald McDonald Charities.

The event hours are listed as 2-6 PM but we will be there as early as 10 AM to reserve parking as this is the location of the world's longest running weekly car show and it does get crowded at times. We will have a section reserved only for Corvairs right in front parking lot of the McDonalds. Look for the "CORVAIR" feather flag when you arrive. The event venue is unique as it pulls in hundreds of show cars and thousands of spectators each Saturday night all year long.

We will have a few games for entertainment such as a fan belt toss and a pushrod drop challenge. At 4 PM we will gather at the main tent to raffle a few prizes reserved for those who bring out a Corvair to show. This is very much a bring what you got event so we hope to see many of you there. In past years we have had Ultravans join in as well as a real Yenko Stinger #42. Plenty of daily drivers and projects still in primer are expected so don't be shy about bringing out your Corvair. There is trailer parking too so you can offload a non street legal vehicle and not have to leave private property.

We expect a nice crop of Corvairs this year including a few of our good friends from Tucson Corvair Association that join us often.

PM me if you have questions. Hope to see you there!

Dave W. / Gilbert Arizona
65 Corsa 140/4
66 Corsa 140/4
66 Corsa 140/4 w/factory A/C
66 Corsa 455 Toro V8
65 Monza Convertible 110/4
66 Monza Convertible 140/4 A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2022 10:40AM by MattNall.

Attachments:
Re: Arizona Corvair Cruise-In April 2nd Scottsdale AZ
Date: March 30, 2022 02:20PM

I was asked about the location of this event. Weather is looking perfect!

9140 Talking Stick Way, Scottsdale, AZ 85250

65 Corsa 140/4
66 Corsa 140/4
66 Corsa 455 Toro V8
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5

Date: April 02, 2022 09:30AM

Set up and ready for Corvairs today!

65 Corsa 140/4
66 Corsa 140/4
66 Corsa 455 Toro V8
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5

Attachments:
Date: April 04, 2022 03:08PM

We had 30 Corvairs at the show Saturday including 6 member rides from the V8 Registry headed up by Charlie Troutman.

This was a cruise-in event so no judging was done but the standout ride in my opinion was forum member flat_six and his 66 Corsa convertible. So beautiful in every way!

I finally got to see in person, Chance Parker's awesome LS conversion, as well as Michael Svinth's mid-engine Subaru H6 conversion.

Everyone who brought a Corvair had a chance at some nice gifts and we raised several hundred dollars for the local Ronald McDonald Charities as well.

Weather was perfect for some sunburn but we had three large tents set up plus you could hide inside the McDonalds or on their shaded patio to cool off a little.

This was our biggest show in many years and a few expected rides were noticeably missing which could have got the count up to 35-37 easily.

More photos are here on the Cactus Corvair website.
[www.cactuscorvairclub.com]

Additional pics here by forum member croderique.
[www.flickr.com]

If you do FB you also find coverage and comments on...
[www.facebook.com]
[www.facebook.com]
[www.facebook.com]

65 Corsa 140/4
66 Corsa 140/4
66 Corsa 455 Toro V8
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5

Attachments:

Re: REPORTS! Arizona Corvair Cruise-In April 2nd Scottsdale AZ SATURDAY!!
Posted by: TheRealHip ()
Date: April 04, 2022 06:49PM

Damn I missed it. Next time.

66 crown v8

Posted by: flat_six ()
Date: June 17, 2022 09:31AM

azdave Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> This was a cruise-in event so no judging was done but the standout ride in my opinion was forum member flat_six and his 66 Corsa convertible. So beautiful in every way!
>

Just saw this. Aww - thanks azdave. It was great to get that blue car out so that others could enjoy it too.

Of course on the way home that night, the fan bearing decided to lose it press fit causing the fan to hit the upper shroud. Hammered it back in, made it home.

Car is repaired and back in action just in time for 112 degrees! But that's not something that a little frozen goodness can't cure. smileys with beer

Re: REPORTS! Arizona Corvair Cruise-In April 2nd Scottsdale AZ SATURDAY!!
Posted by: Timothy Shortle ()
Date: June 17, 2022 09:58AM

Yeah my son and I thoroughly enjoyed the Corvairs and ALL the classic cars that were there. There was even a 54 Corvette with 3 Carter YH carburetors! It was our first time there at this event but certainly won't be our last. I even liked the all original AMC Pacer. And yes, Mike D.s car is AMAZING.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.