Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Need help identifying interior on 61 sedan
Posted by: OldWrenchTurner ()
Date: March 13, 2022 11:06PM

Hi everyone,

I finally found a photo of the interior of the 61 sedan I am trying to restore mine to. The photo is kind of blurry so I apologize ahead of time. It was taken in 1966 and shows part of the interior of the back of the silver 4-door.

The part I need help identifying is the upholstery. To me it looks like a white top with a blue bottom. But due to the age of the photo and bluriness, the colors could be wrong. I don't see a pattern in the upholstery either - the 'blue' section seems almost solid (but again that could just be the terrible quality of the photo). On top of that, it could simply be a seat cover, seeing as how the color combination is a bit odd.

Was this an upholstery option for a silver 61 four door? Does it look right to those folks who are in the know out there?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need help identifying interior on 61 sedan
Posted by: RobertC ()
Date: March 14, 2022 12:25AM

Clark's online catalog has a lot of info on upholstery.

Not an EM person, so I have no clue on how it matches up to your request.

Posted by: JimBrandberg ()
Date: March 14, 2022 06:05AM

There were a lot of similar upholstery patterns in the early years. I've got 2 Turquoise 60s and the seats are roughly the same color but the pattern is different. They are both gray for the vinyl around the edges but the center fabric is a different pattern.
There were a lot of different door cardboard panel styles too.
The front pages of the Clarks catalog has upholstery color photos and they will send free sample pieces. Although it's not cheap we are very fortunate to have Clarks making this stuff.

Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com

Posted by: OldWrenchTurner ()
Date: March 14, 2022 10:04AM

Well, according to the guide in the front of the 2019-2025 Clark's catalog, these are the 1961 blue options I could find:

Sadly, none of these look like what is in the photo.

Even the gray and black options (which I would think would be more common for the Sateen Silver paint job don't match:

The closest I could find was this blue vinyl option for the 1960 Monza:

So, that being said, does the seat look like a 1960 Monza color combination (white/blue)? If it does, it would make sense as I know for a fact the original car had 1960 Monza hubcaps on it! Maybe it was a 700 with some Monza options added on at the dealer?

Posted by: caroseiii ()
Date: March 14, 2022 10:43AM

Yes, that is the XB blue and a white upper vinyl panel.

Crawford

C.A. Rose
Metairie, LA
1962 Spyders

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.