Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Current Page: 2 of 3
Nice try, but this new format is AWFUL!
Posted by: 66vairman ()
Date: March 07, 2022 12:21PM

I appreciate trying to make the site more friendly to multiple devices, BUT my browser is now presenting topic threads with itsy-bitsy print and HUGE pictures in members signature areas. Poor separation of individual posts and LOTS of wasted space.

I hope this gets fixed, the old format was easy to read and compact.

I also keep getting logged out and sometimes I can't log in.

If the bugs can't be fixed, please go back to the old format.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nice try, but this new format is AWFUL!
Posted by: cnicol ()
Date: March 07, 2022 12:42PM

Well as a counterpoint, the old format was very difficult on both my Android phone and tablet. Constant "scroll left"/"scroll right" to read a single message. The new format works great for me.confused smiley

Craig N. Coeur d'Alene ID.
66 Black Monza 4dr, 4.2L V8 49k
61 Seamist Jade Rampside 140 PG
65 Canadian Monza 4dr 110/PG 40k
66 Sprint Corsa convt - First car! Re-purchased 43 years later
2+2 gnatsuM 5691

+17 Tons of parts

Posted by: Phil Dally ()
Date: March 07, 2022 12:48PM

There is nothing wrong with the new format...great work!!!

Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: March 07, 2022 01:01PM

I whole-heartedly agree with 66vairman.
It might be an improvement for phone users, but it is TOTALLY messed up on my PC!

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border, I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

Posted by: Phil Dally ()
Date: March 07, 2022 01:12PM

I'm using a P/C...working fine.

Posted by: VairKing ()
Date: March 07, 2022 01:22PM

The new format is working fine on my PC, just like it used to be. Using Chrome browser.

The new format is working on my Apple phone and tablet, but is a little different. Not deal breakingly different to me.

Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: March 07, 2022 01:24PM

It seems to work identically on my laptop but then again it is an older one.
I am still using Windows XP and Firefox and am NOT computer literate by any stretch of anyone's imagination.

The only difference I have noted was the "Presented by CORSA" op on the top right corner of my screen. I have not yet attempted to post any photo's in the past week or so which may be different. Only time will tell I guess.

1962 95 F.C. Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Date: March 07, 2022 01:34PM

I am not sure what is going on with Mel's computer, my screen looks identical to before.

Mel, can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Attachments:
Posted by: jjohnsonjo ()
Date: March 07, 2022 01:40PM

I'll say it again, works fine on three different computers and my Samsung 8+

J.O.

65 Corsa Turbo Vert
79 Honda XL 500S
69 Honda CL 160 D
2010 BMW F 650 GS
2003 Bounder 36D
2013 KIA Optima SX turbo-AKA ZIPPY (wife,s car)
69 Newport Holiday Sailboat
Baja 150 dune buggy cart
Coleman HS 500 UTV
2016 KIA Sorento SXL Turbo

Bethlehem,Pa

Posted by: Dasle ()
Date: March 07, 2022 01:44PM

There's a new format? Looks the same to me on PC. Never viewed the forum via a mobile device though.

~Jeff
1965 Corsa Conv.
Pittsburgh, PA

Posted by: CoCoCo ()
Date: March 07, 2022 01:51PM

Same here on PC Windows 10 with Firefox. I would not even have known there was a change if it had not been mentioned. Literally ZERO difference in my viewing.
Waiting to try it on my iPhone so will see how that works.

paul

Re: Changed the site to allow all types of devices to view CCF with a proper size layout.
Posted by: 63_967_spyder ()
Date: March 07, 2022 02:57PM

Unfortunately on Win10/Firefox 97.0.2 the threads look like attached screenshot.

Attachments:
Re: Changed the site to allow all types of devices to view CCF with a proper size layout.
Date: March 07, 2022 04:01PM

Thanks for posting that screenshot, I agree that is garbage!

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: March 07, 2022 04:11PM

Those having problems need to go to CONTROL CENTER then FORUM SETTINGS and View to DEFAULT as well as Message reading to DEFAULT

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
...............110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: joelsplace ()
Date: March 07, 2022 04:44PM

Note 20 Ultra - topics are stacked which makes them harder to read. No scrolling to the side though.
In the thread I don't see any difference.
Both work fine in landscape.
The for sale sticky takes 9 lines now.

Joel
Northlake, TX
5 Ultravans, 135 Corvairs and counting...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2022 04:45PM by joelsplace.

Date: March 07, 2022 05:10PM

"Those having problems need to go to CONTROL CENTER then FORUM SETTINGS and View to DEFAULT as well as Message reading to DEFAULT"

Both of these settings were at Default already but also selected Default again.

No change to what I'm seeing on Win10/Firefox 97.0.2 (partial screenshot attached, I added the red box to distinguish it)

Attachments:
Date: March 07, 2022 05:14PM

An update: I disable 'protection' on the site by clicking the lock in the address bar (circled in red in attached image) and now it all appears as before.
I think that firefox is blocking images, etc. when the https is enable.
Just reporting this to be helpful to admins

Attachments:
Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: March 07, 2022 09:39PM

63_967_spyder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> An update: I disable 'protection' on the site by clicking the lock in the address bar (circled in red in attached image) and now it all appears as before.
> I think that firefox is blocking images, etc. when the https is enable.
> Just reporting this to be helpful to admins

WOOHOO ! ! ! grinning smiley
That did it! thumbs up
Everything is normal again. cool smiley
But am I going to have to do that every time I log onto CCF ? ! ? ! ? ! ? confused smiley (Edit: No. This change is effective even after logging out, and back in. thumbs up )
So, Am I understanding this correctly?
My computer did an automatic update, and shut itself down to reboot.
During this shut down, I also received a Firefox update that caused this issue, in perfect timing with Dan's heroic efforts to improve the website?
So it was just a coincidental "Perfect Storm"?

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border, I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2022 09:46PM by American Mel.

Date: March 07, 2022 10:10PM

Out of curiosity I loaded the https: version of the Message panel and YES - the site formatting is completly differeent and very basic - the message pages are center justified - really quite strange - all of the upper band of editing choices including the icons for adding photos, links or emojis are not there!! Also the images don't load on the https version...

I made the mistake of logging in on the https site and now I cannot log in on the http site!!!
I guess I created a "catch 22" somehow by going where I didn't belong!

I'll have to get our host Admin to help me out...

Anyway - I will leave my simple "viewport" change for one more day - Tuesday Mar 8 - then I will remove that tag and the site should revert back to the way it was on all display screens.

If you want to know about the Meta tag "viewport" just run that word thru a search engine and you'll fine plenty of info about it.
Really all it does is make the right margin variable depending on display screen size. Yes, it squishes the content to the left and stacks it there. But the font size should be much easier to read.

Dan Davis ~ Pierce County, WA ~ CCF admin ~
CORSA +Corvairs NW + North Cascades Corvairs + Corvanatics
1966 Corsa Turbo coupe ~ ~ 1966 Corsa 140 Coupe ~ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 Convertible Sierra Tan/Fawn ~ 1964 Monza Spyder Convertible ~ 1960 Monza Ermine White/Red PG ++ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 CoupeEvening Orchid w/ ivory/black interior ~ 1962 Monza Wagon 102/4 ~ 1963 Rampside/Scamper ~ 1963 Red/Greenbrier ~ 1969 Ultra Van #468

Date: March 08, 2022 10:18AM

OK - I fixed my "issue" with Log-In by Logging OUT of the https page on the messages, then closing all CCF pages, THEN I went to Chrome Settings>Securty - and tossed the cookies on corvaircenter.com
That allowed me to open a new CCF message page and Log In with no problems.

NOW - we are in the near future going to run CCF as a "secure" site (all https)
Reason being that as we go forward browsers are expecting it and users are wanting to see a "secure" site template even though we are not transacting any critical info (financial transactions)
We will let you know when this is going to happen, but it "should" be a seamless blend after our site host (BinaryM) implements and tests the site.

Stay Tuned!!

Dan Davis ~ Pierce County, WA ~ CCF admin ~
CORSA +Corvairs NW + North Cascades Corvairs + Corvanatics
1966 Corsa Turbo coupe ~ ~ 1966 Corsa 140 Coupe ~ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 Convertible Sierra Tan/Fawn ~ 1964 Monza Spyder Convertible ~ 1960 Monza Ermine White/Red PG ++ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 CoupeEvening Orchid w/ ivory/black interior ~ 1962 Monza Wagon 102/4 ~ 1963 Rampside/Scamper ~ 1963 Red/Greenbrier ~ 1969 Ultra Van #468

Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.