Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Gas tank ground
Posted by: link9711 ()
Date: March 05, 2022 10:36AM

Well got done with the brakes all 4 wheels need to pull the gas tank to change the bad brake lines thought yea would like to get a laf Tho's people that own'ed the car before work on this to.Sec have to change the size of the file.The yellow connector was connected to the tank ground tab.

link9711
63 monza spyder
San Antonio tx

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2022 01:55PM by 1966-Corsa-GT-180.

Attachments:
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gan tank ground
Date: March 05, 2022 11:57AM

I think this is a much better ground.

link9711
63 monza spyder
san antonio tx

Attachments:
Re: Gan tank ground
Posted by: 66vairman ()
Date: March 05, 2022 01:15PM

I noticed you soldered the wire in the eyelet. Good job. Basic crimp connectors in this location will eventually allow the cooper wire to corrode due to water exposure.

I also run the ground wire inside instead of the original outside, and exposed to water and dirt, location.

Every once in a while I help someone with a "fuel gauge" problem that is caused by a bad ground at the sender.

Re: Gas tank ground
Date: March 06, 2022 05:59AM

All for knot the sender was full of rust cleaned it but very erratic when all the way down reads 1/4 and when going up go's crazy at the top the gage go's past fullsad smiley also I took the gas tank to the car wash found the bottom all the way across the bottom with holes.Ordered a new tank and sender and gasket from clarks.I put air to the gas line going to the back only to find it full of rust will be replacing it also But will buy brake line and run it to the back clarks wonts way to much for there lines also will replace the two brake lines above the gas tank when I replaced the rubber hoses at the wheel the end's twisted off rusted thin.Boy what a money pit but it's all mine rust and all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2022 06:01AM by link9711.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.