Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Fully loaded 65 Corsa Conv. On BaT
Posted by: alphasud ()
Date: March 04, 2022 05:18PM

This one has just about everything. Hope it does well for the seller. Does anyone know this car?

[bringatrailer.com]

David North Idaho
1965 Corsa Turbo converted to 140
1971 Super Beetle with 2.5L Subaru engine
1988 Citroen CX 25 GTI Turbo

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fully loaded 65 Corsa Conv. On BaT
Posted by: scottymac ()
Date: March 05, 2022 07:58PM

AM/FM with a rear mount antenna, talked to a fellow at Clarksville last March, said he didn't have a reception problem with a similar setup. '66 MPX unit instead of '65 blue light, pic 148, any idea when changeover occured? Thought I'd be the first to put a remote mirror on the passenger side, but previous owner tried. Control toggle pic108, but manual adjust mirror pic 13; guess it succumbed to the falling head syndrome. Lots of hidden rust, it appears.

Scott
Danville, In.
'65 Corsa coupe basket case
'66 Monza coupe

Posted by: Phil Dally ()
Date: March 05, 2022 08:17PM

If it matters to anybody it has no Trim Tag.

Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: March 05, 2022 08:46PM

Phil Dally Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If it matters to anybody it has no Trim Tag.

eye rolling smiley IF it matters ? ! ? ! ? ! ? eye popping smiley

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border, I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

Posted by: Mike Stillwell ()
Date: March 06, 2022 04:03AM

What a mess. I hope no one pays more than 10k for that. It may have been excellent, but I see a lots that needs redone. It has not been well cared for. Why would anyone put bias ply tires back on a Corvair!?!

Mike
YS-117

Posted by: 66vairman ()
Date: March 06, 2022 08:10AM

Mike Stillwell Wrote:
> What a mess. I hope no one pays more than 10k for that. It may have been excellent, but I see a lots that needs redone. It has not been well cared for. Why would anyone put bias ply tires back on a Corvair!?!
>
> Mike
> YS-117

Every so often you read an auction review and the "reviewer" will say "With all the attention to maintaining originality the car had INCORRECT radial tires on it". Implying the car would be more valuable with original style bias ply tires.

No doubt this prompts some sellers to think putting the period correct bias ply tires on the car will increase it's value.

Posted by: Spectre ()
Date: March 06, 2022 08:18AM

Well optioned care that looks nice, but I see a bit of rust in crucial areas for a convertible.

David Clamp

1965 Corsa convertible - 140 4spd/3.55/AM-FM

2013 Mustang GT convertible - 5.0, 6spd auto, Procharger i-1

2003 Miata SE - 6spd manual (wife's toy)

"Victory is mine!" - SG

Norman, OK

Posted by: irfgt ()
Date: March 06, 2022 12:00PM

Nice 20 footer. Lots of rust and terrible well used paint. Wide whitewalls look like a pimp car. Has potential with a big investment.

Posted by: caroseiii ()
Date: March 06, 2022 08:33PM

I think that's a pretty good car with minor problems for $8000. I'm just getting started on my 65 Corsa and its going to be way above that cost to begin to look close to that good. I've got nearly that much in the body and it looks barely better than when I had it picked up. These Corvairs are all money pits (in case it matters to anyone).

Crawford

C.A. Rose
Metairie, LA
1962 Spyders

Date: March 06, 2022 08:38PM

I'm hating clear coats more and more. It can hide a multitude of sins.

Scott
Danville, In.
'66 Monza coupe

Posted by: Unsafe140 ()
Date: March 06, 2022 09:42PM

It will be interesting to see how hi the selling price gets.
You've torn it a new one on here, but I agree with Crawford its hell of
nice driver for 10k. If the rockers are good its a good buy north of 10k.
A good running and driving Corsa convertible with all working gauges and good interior puts it better than most.
Now is it a true Corsa? Has that been determined? If its not someone went through a lot of effort to make it look like it.

Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: March 06, 2022 10:01PM

caroseiii Wrote:
> I think that's a pretty good car with minor problems for $8000. I'm just getting started on my 65 Corsa and its going to be way above that cost to begin to look close to that good. I've got nearly that much in the body and it looks barely better than when I had it picked up. These Corvairs are all money pits (in case it matters to anyone).
>
> Crawford

That wholly depends on what you are trying to do to it, and why.
ALL cars are money pits, IF you are trying to do a fully factory correct restoration!
But these awesome little Beasties of our do NOT need to be totally restored to be an incredibly fun toy to own and drive.
If the only way for you to enjoy a car is to possess and show a 99 point concours vehicle, then yeah, you are going to own a Money Pit, and have a very limited level of enjoyment out of it.
On the other hand, if you are simply looking to have fun driving an incredibly well handling classic car, and don't have more pride than brains, then you can derive much pleasure for very little capital outlay in a Corvair.
We just had a recent thread about Daily Driver Beaters.
Driving a beater Corvair is a TON-O-FUN, besides not having any monthly car payments from driving a brand new flavor of the month car.
I have somewhere around $6500.oo dumped into my THREE current Corvairs.
That includes upgraded seats in my coupe, a couple sets of brake shoes and cylinders, and multiple sets of tires over the years (yes those are wear items and not normally counted).
I can't think of anything that has brought me an equal amount of fun, for such a low cost of involvement.
OH!
Actually, my cost has been much smaller than that, because one of those cars included an entire TRUCKLOAD of parts that I have been selling off and have already much more than recouped my purchase price on that vehicle.
While I am actually dirt poor in terms of this worlds possession, if I were to try and add up, and put a price value on the friendships that I have developed through the ownership of my Corvairs, I would now be wealthier than Bill Gates and Donald Trump combined!
Money PIT ? ? ? confused smiley
Not in my experience! cool smiley

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border, I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

Posted by: caroseiii ()
Date: March 06, 2022 11:28PM

Ha-ha! Mel, I find that your friendship is priceless, too! God bless us all, Corvair owners! Can you spare $5.95 for another Clark's grommet for the concours d'elegance?

BTW, the car clearly isn't original... its a 1965 Corsa 140 with Air Conditioning! Not an option until 66. Nice valve dropping option with a 140 anyway. Think it has deepened seats?

Crawford

C.A. Rose
Metairie, LA
1962 Spyders

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2022 11:28PM by caroseiii.

Posted by: Mike48750 ()
Date: March 07, 2022 05:13AM

Does anyone have a link to the "daily driver" thread? I tried a search under that title and came up empty handed. Thanks in advance. Mike

Mike Mysicka
1964 Corvair convertible
Known as"rusty"
Oscoda Mi, on the sunrise side

Posted by: Phil Dally ()
Date: March 07, 2022 05:22AM

Posted by: azdave ()
Date: March 07, 2022 05:25AM

According to the paperwork shown, less than 7000 miles ago this car was offered for sale by Gateway Classics in Dallas asking almost $23,000. With rust bubbles popping up, EM stone covers over the LM head lights and the mismatched paint on the dash and glove box it seems like it's been a rough 7000 miles. Seller says the Fisher Body tag is missing but VIN tag looks legit. Bidding is at $8K today so not a bad deal right now. It is a No Reserve auction so it should have a new owner by the end of the week.

VIN = 107675W294360

Dave W. / Gilbert Arizona
65 Corsa 140/4
66 Corsa 140/4
66 Corsa 140/4 w/factory A/C
66 Corsa 455 Toro V8
65 Monza Convertible 110/4
66 Monza Convertible 140/4 A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5

Attachments:

Posted by: MtnVairMike ()
Date: March 08, 2022 08:45AM

A lot missing on this one besides the trim tag which is a big deal to me anyway.

1966 Monza Convertible, 140HP-4 speed, Ermine White
1969 Monza Convertible, 110HP-PG, Frost Green

Black Mountain,NC

Others in the menagerie...
72 Corvette Stingray, 58K miles, owned since 87
72 MGB, 112K miles, bought from original owner in 09
78 Chevy pickup, 124K miles, bought new in 78
93 Corvette, LT1/6spd, 210K miles, daily driver since 96
02, Chevy Z71, 4x4, 93K miles, my Dad's truck, inherited 2021

Posted by: FLSteve ()
Date: March 08, 2022 09:18AM

Can trim tags be purchased?

Posted by: playerpage ()
Date: March 08, 2022 09:20AM

I don't think I'll ever shop for a Bring-a-Trailer car that isn't commented on here. You guys save a lot of lives what you're doing.

Eric C. Player
Fargo, North Dakota
MEMBER: CORSA National, Central Coast CORSA, South Coast CORSA, Vintage CORSA, Sfba CORSA, and Great Plains Corvair Club.
THEN: 1965 Monza 110, Canary Yellow - 1965 Corsa 180 Turbo, Red - 1966 Monza 110, Purple - 1967 Monza 140, Red - 1966 500 110, Black; nicknamed "Shadow" - 1965 Monza 110, Camaro Yellow; nicknamed "Silver"
NOW: 1966 Corsa 180 Turbo, Blue; nicknamed "Bluvair"
---------------------------------------
"He cautioned me not to take notes. It would not have helped if I had, as he would start a paragraph with, 'It is therefore obvious. . .'
and go on from there to matters which may have been obvious to him and God but to no one else."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, character of Daniel B. Davis, 'The Door Into Summer.'

Date: March 08, 2022 10:29AM

FLSteve Wrote:
> Can trim tags be purchased?

Yes, I'm adding aircon and electric antenna to my Monza, "invented" interior trim code, but wanted it to look authentic. Had a new window sticker printed up, too.

[www.trimtags.com]

[winvoices.com]

Let the flaming begin! No one can accuse me of trying to mislead anyone now!

Scott
Danville, In.
'66 Monza coupe

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.