Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: What ARE LED's?? confused smiley
Posted by: 66vairman ()
Date: March 06, 2022 04:31PM

vintagecarleds - interesting site.

I noticed they use the basic H4 housing. The AUTOPAL units are glass, but considered to be modest performers. Even with the standard H4 bulbs some complain about the light pattern.

The HELLA H4 housing upgrade has a thicker FLAT front lense that provides a better light pattern. They don't look STOCK like the rounded front lens AUTOPAL housings.

CIBIE made a curved front lens H4 5.75" housing at one time. Great light pattern, but expensive and last time I looked I couldn't find them.

I'll wait for something better.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What ARE LED's?? confused smiley
Posted by: 66vairman ()
Date: March 06, 2022 04:35PM

66vairman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> vintagecarleds - interesting site.
>
> I noticed they use the basic H4 housing. The AUTOPAL units are glass, but considered to be modest performers. Even with the standard H4 bulbs some complain about the light pattern.
>
> The HELLA H4 housing upgrade has a thicker FLAT front lense that provides a better light pattern. They don't look STOCK like the rounded front lens AUTOPAL housings. Note the site says "GERMAN" Hella, beware of Hella from the U.K. or India as they drive on the other side of the road and the light pattern will wrong for the U.S.A. Some disreputable folks sell them here, especially the India units due to a lower price point.
>
> CIBIE made a curved front lens H4 5.75" housing at one time. Great light pattern, but expensive and last time I looked I couldn't find them.
>
> I'll wait for something better.

Options: ReplyQuote
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.