Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
OT -Corvair MYTHS and Conspiracy theories.
Posted by: 66vairman ()
Date: February 27, 2022 05:42PM

I was talking with a Corvair buddy and the subject of "Corvair myths and conspiracies came up".

I learned a long time ago many folks will believe anything if someone spins a good story. I still occasionally run into someone who insists Corvairs were banned by law. I recall Steve Goodman had a good story about this happening to him.

My buddy asked if I heard that "BIRDS ARE NOT REAL". Seems a fellow decided to see how easy it is to get some folks to buy a ridiculous story. He started the conspiracy story that all birds were exterminated by the government and replaced by drones to carry out the government's "plans". Well the story took off until he finally admitted it was just a spoof. There was some true "proofs" posted. One of the proofs was "Every state has a state BIRD". Birds sit on power lines to recharge their batteries. Well, there you go, facts that the government has replaced birds with drones. Think this is all too silly - well many bought into this.

See wiki article on this - [en.wikipedia.org]

Anyone heard some good Corvair/Ralph Nader conspiracies lately?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2022 11:18AM by MattNall.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: OT - Conspiracy theories.
Posted by: wittsend ()
Date: February 27, 2022 07:15PM

Ahhh..., maybe all those FEMA Coffins are for Corvair owners that are destine to die in rollovers? grinning smiley

Geez, I must be playing rolling Russian roulette. I own a Corvair (rollover), a Pinto (burst into flames) and even owned an Audi 5000 that supposedly suffered from unintended acceleration.

Posted by: scottymac ()
Date: February 27, 2022 08:10PM

What? No exploding Chevy pickups?

[www.motorbiscuit.com]

Scott
Danville, In.
'65 Corsa coupe basket case
'66 Monza coupe

Posted by: David Malcolm ()
Date: February 28, 2022 05:06AM

It seems a belief in conspiracy theories is a part of our evolved system of learning about the world. A good read here on how our cognitive processes can misfire.
The Conversation on Conspiracy Theories

David Malcolm
1969 Monza PG Coupe
NJ near the Meadowlands

Posted by: Phil Dally ()
Date: February 28, 2022 06:02AM

I don't believe in a single one of them but they're fun to check out.

I have a Millennial at my disposal that knows about almost of them.

He wont go out in rain without raingear because of the chemtrails.

Really weird one is the underwater airport in the Gulf of California.

You should go check it out on Google Earth...it is definitely there.

Attachments:

Date: February 28, 2022 08:46AM

"Really weird one is the underwater airport in the Gulf of California."

Where else would those flying pterodactyls land when they migrated south for the winter? eye rolling smiley

Did you here about the one where a guy re-ducted his Corvair fan output and the car would lift like a Harrier jet? smiling smiley

Date: February 28, 2022 09:15AM

Also want to add that the scale on miles shows that those runways would be about 40 miles long. Ah..., yea..., that makes sense. Too many people reacting instead of thinking these days.

Attachments:
Date: February 28, 2022 09:55AM

David Malcolm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It seems a belief in conspiracy theories is a part of our evolved system of learning about the world. A good read here on how our cognitive processes can misfire.
> The Conversation on Conspiracy Theories

A good read. There have been other studies that reveal more about how people think, but yes irrational behavior sums human behavior up well.

One of the MAJOR failures of 20th century economic education was that economics is a RATIONAL mechanism. Fact is economics is an expression of human behavior - VERY irrational. Now the better economic models are based on human behavior.

I recall someone asking me why I got out of the tech stocks before the dotcom bust (anybody remember that?). I said "would you put your money in a bank that pad NO interest or dividend?". His reply was "but the stock prices keep going up". Of course "over priced" things tend to correct sooner or later, often in a shockingly fast manner. This is an example of peer pressure, or if everybody is buying, then I should too, until someone starts selling!!! This is why we still have economic booms and busts (recessions).

BTW - the fellow I was talking about lost 60% of his retirement fund!! Taking chances can be rewarding, but it can also be very punishing.

That said I still buy a lottery ticket once in a while - LOL.

Date: February 28, 2022 11:11AM

Hey...maybe those aliens had really really big planes.

Date: February 28, 2022 11:19AM

One thing that has always intrigued me is pyramids.

There are hundreds of them all over the entire globe.

With no possible connection between most of them.

All very similar designs and construction techniques.

Posted by: scottymac ()
Date: February 28, 2022 02:05PM

Landing pads for alien (Gaould) starships.

[www.imdb.com]

One of the longest running sci-fi shows.

Scott
Danville, In.
'65 Corsa coupe basket case
'66 Monza coupe

Posted by: doug6423 ()
Date: February 28, 2022 05:21PM

Phil Dally Wrote:
> One thing that has always intrigued me is pyramids.
>
> There are hundreds of them all over the entire globe.
>
> With no possible connection between most of them.
>
> All very similar designs and construction techniques.

And how exactly did they get the last stone on??? drinking smiley

Doug
65 Monza
Cincy, OH

Re: OT -Corvair MYTHS and Conspiracy theories.
Date: February 28, 2022 05:54PM

Well trained pterodactyls?

Posted by: 67 airvair ()
Date: February 28, 2022 07:03PM

If you study the Great Pyramid of Egypt and the technology they supposedly had back when it was built, you have to come to the conclusion that it was impossible for them to build it. The stones wee supposedly dragged up a dirt ramp, but at even the maximum slope possible would put the ramp out so far that it would be impossible for a ramp to be built in the first place. There just would not be enough distance and material needed, and then have the ramp removed without a trace. They just didn't have the engineering capabilities.

Then there's the fact that it is aligned perfectly with astronomical features like the North Star. How did they get it aligned so perfectly? Theory has it that it was all arranged by alien space craft, which also explains the pyramids in Central and South America, again all aligned the same way.

So actually, we're all alien seed planted here and left by our alien forefathers. They've kept watch on us, which explains all the UFO sightings and alien abductions.

-Mark

P.S. And we still can't figure out how they mummified bodies!

Posted by: 67 airvair ()
Date: February 28, 2022 07:17PM

I actually ran into someone who insisted Corvairs were banned. I told him I was exempt because I had a sticker on the bottom that says "Ralph was right".

Haven't seen it yet.

-Mark

Date: February 28, 2022 07:35PM

I still get "Those Corvairs rolled over all the time". I reply "Yes, mine was on it's roof again when I opened the garage door today". Leaves them speechless - LOL.

Posted by: playerpage ()
Date: February 28, 2022 09:11PM

I was once informed quite seriously that Corvairs were recalled and ordered destroyed. That was the theory behind seeing them in hoards and junkyards. Apparently Joel is just following government mandates.

Eric C. Player
Fargo, North Dakota
MEMBER: CORSA National, Central Coast CORSA, South Coast CORSA, Vintage CORSA, Sfba CORSA, and Great Plains Corvair Club.
THEN: 1965 Monza 110, Canary Yellow - 1965 Corsa 180 Turbo, Red - 1966 Monza 110, Purple - 1967 Monza 140, Red - 1966 500 110, Black; nicknamed "Shadow" - 1965 Monza 110, Camaro Yellow; nicknamed "Silver"
NOW: 1966 Corsa 180 Turbo, Blue; nicknamed "Bluvair"
---------------------------------------
"He cautioned me not to take notes. It would not have helped if I had, as he would start a paragraph with, 'It is therefore obvious. . .'
and go on from there to matters which may have been obvious to him and God but to no one else."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, character of Daniel B. Davis, 'The Door Into Summer.'

Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: February 28, 2022 10:06PM

wittsend Wrote:
> Also want to add that the scale on miles shows that those runways would be about 40 miles long. Ah..., yea..., that makes sense. Too many people reacting instead of thinking these days.

Of course it makes sense!
Since liquid is so much denser than air, just think about how much drag would be induced by all of that water.
They would need 40 mile long runways in order to have enough length to get up to take off speed!
winking smiley

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border, I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

Posted by: flamingchariots ()
Date: March 01, 2022 05:20PM

67 airvair Wrote:
> If you study the Great Pyramid of Egypt and the technology they supposedly had back when it was built, you have to come to the conclusion that it was impossible for them to build it. The stones wee supposedly dragged up a dirt ramp, but at even the maximum slope possible would put the ramp out so far that it would be impossible for a ramp to be built in the first place. There just would not be enough distance and material needed, and then have the ramp removed without a trace. They just didn't have the engineering capabilities.
>
> Then there's the fact that it is aligned perfectly with astronomical features like the North Star. How did they get it aligned so perfectly? Theory has it that it was all arranged by alien space craft, which also explains the pyramids in Central and South America, again all aligned the same way.
>
> So actually, we're all alien seed planted here and left by our alien forefathers. They've kept watch on us, which explains all the UFO sightings and alien abductions.
>
> -Mark
>
> P.S. And we still can't figure out how they mummified bodies!

Yes. Some of us ARE aliens and strangers on earth.

Kevin
Medina, OH

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: March 01, 2022 06:52PM

"I" am IMMORTAL....... so far! cool smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.