Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
13” dogdish available to swap for 14”
Posted by: Eido ()
Date: February 27, 2022 02:28PM

I picked up a nice, clean set of four dogdish hub caps for my Rampside. Turns out these are for 13” rims and I run 14” rims on my truck.

Did you make the opposite mistake?

Let’s swap errors and make the universe right.

Eido Walny
(Just north of) Milwaukee, WI
1964 Corvair 95 Rampside
1927 Tudor Model T

Re: 13” dogdish available to swap for 14”
Posted by: irfgt ()
Date: February 27, 2022 03:09PM

They never made 13" dog dish caps for a Rampside. Do you have pictures of what you have and what you want?

Date: February 27, 2022 03:48PM

Right. These are likely for a car with 13” rims.

Posted by: Vairismo ()
Date: February 28, 2022 09:36AM

Are your hubcaps the 'plain Jane' baby moon type, or the factory ones that say CORVAIR?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2022 09:37AM by Vairismo.

Date: February 28, 2022 06:35PM

They are the dog dish hub caps that say “Chevrolet Corvair” on them.

Posted by: isucorvair ()
Date: March 01, 2022 09:45AM

Factory 14" FC Hubcaps are seemingly becoming quite valuable.
There are repros available in the chrome versions of the 64/65, but not the painted versions, or the earlier versions (bottle tops).

The 'Chevrolet Corvair' 60/61 hubcaps (dog dish) for the special wheels - I would swear that GM made 5 sets for every 60/61 Corvair built!

Eric P.
DeWitt, IA

Date: March 02, 2022 11:29AM

Uh… yea…. Thanks.

Posted by: JimBrandberg ()
Date: March 05, 2022 06:34AM

The car and truck small wheel covers are quite different. I don't know of anything 14" available that resembles the nice clean look of the car ones but you'd think there would be with all the regular Chevys back in the day.

For white ones on a Van I used what I had which was FC on one side and 70s Chevy truck on the other side. I painted the satin white with black bowties and no one ever noticed the difference.

The Chevy ones I have are like 1/16 or 1/8" smaller on the ID and rather difficult to install. Fortunately they are robust enough to withstand rubber mallet pounding. I only bring this up because I wonder if aftermarket 14" "baby moons" would go on FC wheel nubs easily. I'd sure like to hear if someone else has tried it.

It's not so easy as 13" or 14". Earliest Corvair car wheel covers will not fit on later wheels and I'm not just talking "Early" or "Late".
In your case do you have actual FC 14" wheels or are they maybe just something 5 on 4-3/4 from something else? The more information you have the better chance of success for something that fits and I don't have all the answers myself.

Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.