Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Larry Claypool PG video
Posted by: 66vairman ()
Date: February 12, 2022 10:20AM

This PG video may have been posted before, but I just found it.

A long video, but interesting.

See [www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Larry Claypool PG video
Posted by: 66vairman ()
Date: February 12, 2022 10:55AM

I noticed Larry used the Permatex "Right Stuff". I've had great luck with this product, BUT they now make a fast setup version that YOU DON'T WANT TO USE! The fast setup version setup so fast it's hard to get all the bolts in and torqued.

Use the slower set up version of Right Stuff and let it setup for hours before adding the transmission, or in the case of the engine oil pan, the oil.

Re: Larry Claypool PG video
Posted by: wittsend ()
Date: February 12, 2022 11:18AM

It is a good video though he never gets inside the case and does not rebuild it. He does a good job of explaining the workings. I'm looking forward to the Motohead Part 2 video. I believe he is doing a rebuild.

I already did mine but it is not yet installed. So, I'm hoping these videos are just confirmation that I did it right. I watched all the Motohead, Claypool etc. videos and read Ballew and Eller articles and asked questions here at the CC. I'm greatly indebted to the folks who put their knowledge out there. Oh, and Al Gore for inventing the internet. eye rolling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.