Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
SOLD!! 3.27 ratio Ring and Pinion
Posted by: caroseiii ()
Date: September 27, 2021 05:17PM

I have a ring and pinion set from a 64 diff with excellent splines in the pinion shaft. Gears are in good shape and have been ultrasonically cleaned. $150 shipped in Flat rate box. Will include the diff chunk for another $30.

Crawford

C.A. Rose
Metairie, LA
1962 Spyders

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2021 04:44PM by MattNall.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FS 3.27 ratio Ring and Pinion
Posted by: joelsplace ()
Date: September 27, 2021 06:47PM

What is a diff chunk?

Joel
Northlake, TX
5 Ultravans, 123 Corvairs and counting...

Date: September 27, 2021 08:42PM

Sold! Thanks Corvair Center!

Diff chunk is the internal case with side and pinion gears to which the ring gear is bolted.

Crawford

C.A. Rose
Metairie, LA
1962 Spyders

Posted by: MonzaJPD61 ()
Date: October 06, 2021 02:38PM

Carrier?

Date: October 06, 2021 04:35PM

I like chunk because it’s heavy and unwieldly.

C.A. Rose
Metairie, LA
1962 Spyders

Re: SOLD!! 3.27 ratio Ring and Pinion
Posted by: 67 airvair ()
Date: October 07, 2021 05:03AM

"What we have here is a failure to communicate!" Mo more truer a movie line. grinning smiley

(Just a word to the wise.) I've heard of the diff carrier being called a pumpkin. eye rolling smiley See what slang does to confuse the understanding? confused smiley Just fine IF everyone you are talking to knows the slang's meaning, but many slang terms are only understood locally. I do hope everyone takes this as the well-intentioned advice I mean it to be, and not in any way meant to demean anyone or be in the least bit hostile.

I do recommend, especially on the internet, which is not local by any means, to refrain from using such local slang and talk in terms you know everyone knows. Try to use correct automotive terms (if you know them - if not, try to learn them). Terms such as dizzy, pumpkin, rear windshield (unless you DO have a town car or dual cowl phaeton), green-gold, and the like should be on everyone's banned list, for sake of everyone else being able to understand what you are saying.smileys with beer

-Mark

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.