Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
deck lid partial opening mod
Posted by: alan_smithee ()
Date: September 16, 2021 05:29PM

My eyes are burning from searching through so many topics. I think I saw a thread here a while back with pics of a mod that folks did to their deck lid hinge so that they could open the lid at car hows but not have it propped all the way up. I wanna say someone even shared measurements for optimal aesthetic appearance. Can anyone chime in?

--------------------------------
Was a 1962 Monza Convertible
Now a 1964 Spyder Clone/Tribute
Santa Cruz/Northern CA

--------------------------------

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: deck lid partial opening mod
Posted by: RexJohnson ()
Date: September 16, 2021 06:16PM

You just need to add another slot in the prop assembly. I did a measurement myself to come up with the place to put it. An extra set of hands would work good for this. The nice thing about this mod is that it doesn't automatically jump into that extra added slot, you have to manually engage it. The only thing I had to change other than the added slot was in the past I would just barely release the catch to lower the lid. Now when I do that it pops out into the added slot so I try to remember to fully release it.

RJ tools
Salem,Oregon

Posted by: Phil Dally ()
Date: September 16, 2021 06:34PM

All us V8 guys did it in the nineties

Like this...Chuck Rust's Crown car.

Like Rex said...make another hole.

Attachments:
Posted by: VairKing ()
Date: September 16, 2021 07:41PM

Or I had an Allen wrench that I set inside the slide to keep it from going all the way down. Here you can see my V8 car it’s just right.

Attachments:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.