Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
FOUND!! looking for an early Spyder sub panel to mount the wiper switch & lighter
Posted by: DOUG WARD ()
Date: September 08, 2021 06:32PM

I have acquired a Spyder inst. panel & glove box door, to convert my 62 Monza convert. but to finish the installation, I need the small panel that mounts under the inst. panel that holds the wiper & lighter.. Oh, and if any one has a radio bezel / plate for an early Spyder, I'm looking for that too.. Please PM me if you have this stuff. Thanks.

Doug Ward
Orange, Calif.
65 Corsa 180, 64 Monza convertible, 61 Lakewood, 61 Monza

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2021 04:35PM by MattNall.

Re: looking for an early Spyder sub panel to mount the wiper switch & lighter
Date: September 09, 2021 03:29PM

I found one. Doug

Doug Ward
Orange, Calif.

Re: FOUND!! looking for an early Spyder sub panel to mount the wiper switch & lighter
Date: September 17, 2021 11:46AM

I found one at Calif. Corvairs, but all he has have a 3rd hole drilled in to the center area, between the cig. lighter hole & the wiper switch. He has several, & every one of them have that hole in it. Am I missing something, or is there a popular mod that a lot of people do to this part ?

Doug Ward
Orange, Calif.

Re: FOUND!! looking for an early Spyder sub panel to mount the wiper switch & lighter
Posted by: The Stig ()
Date: September 17, 2021 12:01PM

If it’s a rectangle it’s for the power top switch on a vert. Not common. I plugged a round hole someone had drilled in one with JB weld backed by a piece of tin can once. Smoothed the face and painted and it held up well.

Date: September 17, 2021 12:46PM

Nope, it's not a rectangle. And my top is manual. I still wonder what every one did with those round holes.

Doug Ward
Orange, Calif.

Posted by: chuckvh ()
Date: September 17, 2021 07:14PM

On the 62 vert with power top, I converted the cig lighter into the power top switch (rotate the lighter knob to make the top go up and down) and drilled a small hole in the middle for the electric fuel pump prime.

Chuck vonHofen
Brentwood, California

66 Corsa Turbo Convertible
64 Spyder Convertible
64 Spyder Coupe
62 Monza Convertible
Amazingly Patient Wife

Posted by: joelsplace ()
Date: September 17, 2021 07:36PM

It is just a really convenient place to put an extra switch. GM thought so with the power top.

Joel
Northlake, TX
5 Ultravans, 123 Corvairs and counting...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.