Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Hot Rod Drag week 2021 or bust
Posted by: guthrie1068 ()
Date: September 13, 2021 06:10PM

It was great meeting you today, and cool to see your car in person! It looked like you made a nice clean pass! Hope you made it to Norwalk, good luck and have fun this week!!

Chad Guthrie
Rives Junction, MI
'63 convertible

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 13, 2021 08:31PM

Made it out to drag week !! Success made it through day one went 12.3@107 . Then drove to Sandusky Ohio. Will be racing at Norwalk tomorrow.

Attachments:

Date: September 13, 2021 08:34PM

And a thank to Chad from the form to come out and support me. Thank you . It is great meeting people.

Attachments:
Date: September 14, 2021 07:57PM

Well today wasn't the best broke 1st gear on my first launch. Good news it (works) and made the 290 mile hike from Norwalk to Indy. Just can not put to much load on 1st gear. Hopefully I can limp through the week.

Attachments:

Date: September 16, 2021 07:24PM

Well made it to Byron IL. Today and got a passing. Cool old track. Still limping around, but we are getting there. Made it back to Martin us 131 . So tomorrow as get a pass in at least I can say I survived drag week. But it was totally worth it. Got to meet so many great people and hear more corvair stories. It's been a blast

Attachments:

Posted by: VairKing ()
Date: September 16, 2021 07:45PM

Thanks for the updates looks like a blast. I wanted to come see you run tomorrow but I don’t think I can make it happen too many other commitments.

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: September 16, 2021 09:00PM

Don't forget to post your time slips!

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
...............110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2021 05:10PM by MattNall.

Date: September 17, 2021 05:12PM

copied from FB " Brian Davis made it to Day 4 & is still in the competition. Just ran a 13.61.

...............110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Date: September 19, 2021 08:17AM

Here are a couple time slips

Attachments:

Date: September 19, 2021 08:28AM

I would of liked to have done better and. Put some lower numbers on the board. At least we finished the week. I am glad my broken transmission still worked enough to survive drag week. Because my transmission is electronically controlled I couldn't just leave in 2nd with the shifter I had leave in 1st baby it get enough speed when speed to hit 2nd and then lay into it. The last day I did spray the nitrous after it would hit 2nd and got 114mph . It is a 50hp shot and it is a wet system so it sprays more fuel and nitrous into the intake. Holley did fill my nitrous bottle for free. So I am gl

Attachments:
Date: September 19, 2021 08:31AM

Impressive!

Date: September 19, 2021 08:51AM

I am thankful I was participate in hot rod drag week 2021. It was a great experience. Really fun time. But cars will break when you push their limits at least my transmission only had a bad 1st gear and was still strong enough to finish the week literally put 900 miles on the hurt transmission. We put around 1240 miles on the week total. We did go out of the way slightly to get a nitrous line made. My car averaged 15-16mpg 62-65 mph with the trailer.I thought I could better since I get mid 20s in the car normally. We did have to reload the trailer on the 1st day to get the tongue weight better it was way to heavy moving stuff around fixed that problem. Could not believe how many cars passed me I mean crazy fast track cars gasser , most were running 70 +. I was taking it trying to conserve some fuel. I did trailer my car and little trailer to Michigan on the way home blew a tire on the trailer by pa. Line put my spare on made it 160 miles blew my spare at the Breezewood exit.out of tires it was 10 I clock. Couldn't find a tire decided to unload my car and take the weight off the trailer I would follow my friend as he drove my motorhome and trailer. Of course I had my race tires on so had to in strap the little trailer and change my tires . We made home after that trouble free. But my dimmer switch started acting up and lost my dash lights and my cell phone I use for my gauges died. All in all we made home safe so that is all that matters.

Attachments:

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.