Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum - presented by CORSA The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Corvair Parts Value on these forums, vs. eBay.
Posted by: junkman ()
Date: September 04, 2021 07:04AM

Bill is correct, I did miss identify the person that made the comment that the buyers on eBay were "ignorant". My apologies to Bill for my error.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: September 04, 2021 07:16AM

eddieb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't mind paying a fair price for a part I may need. what burns me up is the no response I get from a seller! You ask a question but NO REPLY!!!! At that point I make sure I do not buy from them again. With all the easy ways we have to communicate today there is no excuse for it. EddieB Dade City,Fla

Eddie... If you are referring to me, I went back to check all the messages that we had, and the only one that I can find where I didn't respond back to you was when I said that I was out of a part, but I would check. Apparently, I forgot to send you another message that I hadn't found another part of what you were looking for. I also don't check this website sometimes for weeks, because I have other things in my life that take priority. Communication goes both ways, so should someone forget to respond during a PM exchange, you can always send them a reminder.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Posted by: cnicol ()
Date: September 04, 2021 08:36AM

What a pleasant, healthy discussion (really). It's nice to see regular discourse rather than what we usually see these days. smileys with beer

Craig N. Coeur d'Alene ID.
66 Black Monza 4dr, 4.2L V8 49k
61 Seamist Jade Rampside 140 PG
65 Canadian Monza 4dr 110/PG 40k
66 Sprint Corsa convt - First car! Re-purchased 43 years later
2+2 gnatsuM 5691

+17 Tons of parts

Posted by: Mel ()
Date: September 05, 2021 09:50AM

I scrap most of my extra parts for Corvairs , not worth the hassle to try and sell. Sell lots of stuff for early Chev's to the Mexicans in California smiling smileythey just pay smiling smiley

Orangeville, Ontario. CANADA

Posted by: Frank DuVal ()
Date: September 05, 2021 08:11PM

Mel, do you sell the Chevy parts on a similar forum to this, Ebay, or some other method?

Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

Date: September 05, 2021 08:39PM

Mel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I scrap most of my extra parts for Corvairs , not worth the hassle to try and sell. Sell lots of stuff for early Chev's to the Mexicans in California smiling smileythey just pay smiling smiley

Do you have any 1962 full sized Chevrolet station wagon parts?

Posted by: JimBrandberg ()
Date: September 06, 2021 06:40AM

Sad to say but I have a lot of parts from Corvair guys that have passed away or can no longer work on cars. I've had to pay little or nothing for a lot of stuff but I'm not going to give it away. I've got a lot of time in getting parts home and sorted. If someone doesn't like my price I'm not like the guys on TV that will haggle.

I had one guy who repeatedly wasted my time wondering about availability and pricing but didn't show up. I think he used me to see if he was getting a good deal elsewhere.

I parted out a lot of Corvairs 20 or 30 years ago but have grown weary. If I get a Corvair for little or nothing it might pay for the time and effort. Might.

It's the small parts that have value these days. The little stuff I didn't bother with or can't find. Hopefully I can sort some more tubs of miscellaneous this Winter.
I have to ask myself if I really need a 21st transmission or 7th front suspension assembly.

I've been very happy finding parts here when needed. I haven't participated in an EBAY auction in years but do BUY IT NOW regularly. I find parts listed for sale here intriguing.

I got a lot of good deals on EBAY in the 90s that are still sitting there. It's only a good deal if I can use it. That's why I quit stopping at Garage Sales too.

I don't know if forums or Ebay are better. Maybe run of the mill stuff on EBAY and the exclusive stuff for the discerning buyer here?

Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com

Posted by: 19sixty5 ()
Date: January 22, 2023 10:43PM

Since this tread mentioned the turbo emblem, what is the value of a 1965 Turbo emblem? I have a really, really nice one I am considering selling. It is just short of mint, in my opinion, only some chipped paint in the green and red arrow areas. The paint in the TURBOCHARGED text is nearly perfect, no visible pits anywhere without using a magnifying glass.The back and sides are as nice as the top. It was removed from my 65 in 1976 after an accident and properly stored.

65 Crown Conversion Hardtop
66 Monza LA Built 140/4 AC Convertible
65 GTO Convertible
70 El Camino SS396
Huntsville, AL

Posted by: PequotMonza64 ()
Date: January 23, 2023 05:18AM

Like anything you sell (including entire cars), it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If you want your full asking price, you sometimes have to wait to find the right buyer.

I'm still getting a handle on Corvair prices. Chevrolet sold a LOT of Corvairs, but they are certainly still somewhat of a niche market though I don't agree with people who refer to the Corvair as an orphan.

Several of the marques I have been into over the years were true orphans in the USA, and a large supply of parts for them were never stocked in the USA. I have had some cars and some parts that were extremely rare, but I can tell you from experience that rarity alone does not necessarily command a high price.

For someone who really wants that part, it's worth a million. If you don't want to wait for that person to come along or do the work required to find that person, you won't get what you want to get. I think we all understand that.

It seems to me that parts listed for sale here generally find a buyer.

Personally, if someone has an asking price you can often haggle a little, but making a low-ball offer is generally just rude and pointless. The flip side of that is that if your asking price is pie in the sky, you might not get any offers at all.

Glen in Ohio
1964 Monza Sedan Powerglide 110 hp
Low mileage survivor, stock as delivered
Records back to 1967 in Pequot Lakes, Minnesota
Original dealer Mike Turk's in East Liverpool, Ohio
Located in Cleveland, Ohio area

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.