Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
GM LM Documentation..
Posted by: AlecCarlson ()
Date: August 24, 2021 10:28AM

My '65 shop manual which was at least 20 years old, finally died. It had a good life, but it was time to replace it. After poking around the net looking to order a new one, I came across an eBay seller who had all of the LM shop manuals on a searchable CD. I asked Clarks if they had a similar product and they said they no longer carried the CD - only the paper manuals. So I went with eBay.

My CD arrived today and it's much better then I expected. Here's what came on the CD:

Now the pictures and text are clear and best of all, since they are all PDF's, I can search for any text string and single click to go to any of the manual sections in which the text is found. This is something to consider if you're thinking of getting a new 65 shop manual or a supplement...

Here's the eBay link: eBay LM Shop Manuals CD

Alec
Dahlonega, GA
1965 Corsa Convertible Turbo 4-Speed
Restoration "In Progress"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2021 10:29AM by AlecCarlson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GM LM Documentation..
Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: August 24, 2021 11:22AM

Yes CDs are very nice, but occasionally I want a paper copy of certain pages, like specs or a specific procedure. Nice to have a paper copy in garage to quickly get it to reference to at those times.

But saying all that, I have the paper copies in the garage, BUT I have also put a laptop in the garage. It has all the manuals and all my vehicles photos/data to quickly go to when I need the the info to look at.

When my wi-fi signal is good, I can get on internet and I google any new info I need for my Vairs, 68 Camaro and my newer Malibu & Silverado Z71.

BUT, got to have clean work space and fingers for computer work in the garage.

Posted by: cnicol ()
Date: August 24, 2021 11:49AM

Nice! Thanks for posting and including the link.smileys with beer

Craig N. Coeur d'Alene ID.
66 Black Monza 4dr, 4.2L V8 49k
61 Seamist Jade Rampside 140 PG
65 Canadian Monza 4dr 110/PG 40k
66 Sprint Corsa convt - First car! Re-purchased 43 years later
2+2 gnatsuM 5691

+17 Tons of parts

Posted by: 66vairman ()
Date: August 24, 2021 06:53PM

Make sure when you install a CD you have your anti-virus software scan the disk BEFORE it accessed.

I've had one Corvair Ad CD I bought that had malware on it!!!!

Offshore companies will make up CD's at a bargain price so they can load malware on the CD and then they end up with your information they sell.

The CD's appear to work fine, but the malware is quietly working in the background.

Posted by: playerpage ()
Date: August 24, 2021 08:09PM

You can download my "Corvair Kit" here:

Corvair Kit 2020 - ZIP

It has the shop manual, Corvair Gold, and Corvair Basics. And a bunch of other tech articles, 60s magazine reprints, and advertising literature.

The link above is to a very large ZIP file. You can also explore individual files here:

Corvair Kit 2011 - Browse

Keep in mind there is more to be found in the ZIP file.

Eric C. Player
Fargo, North Dakota
MEMBER: CORSA National, Central Coast CORSA, South Coast CORSA, Vintage CORSA, Sfba CORSA, and Great Plains Corvair Club.
THEN: 1965 Monza 110, Canary Yellow - 1965 Corsa 180 Turbo, Red - 1966 Monza 110, Purple - 1967 Monza 140, Red - 1966 500 110, Black; nicknamed "Shadow" - 1965 Monza 110, Camaro Yellow; nicknamed "Silver"
NOW: 1966 Corsa 180 Turbo, Blue; nicknamed "Bluvair"
---------------------------------------
"He cautioned me not to take notes. It would not have helped if I had, as he would start a paragraph with, 'It is therefore obvious. . .'
and go on from there to matters which may have been obvious to him and God but to no one else."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, character of Daniel B. Davis, 'The Door Into Summer.'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2021 08:15PM by playerpage.

Date: August 24, 2021 08:16PM

Alec,
the link goes to a dead-end = no results found

who is the seller?

thanks

Dan Davis ~ Pierce County, WA ~ CORSA Western Director + Corvairs NW + North Cascades Corvairs + Corvanatics
1966 Corsa Turbo coupe ~ ~ 1966 Corsa 140 Coupe ~ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 Convertible Sierra Tan/Fawn ~ 1964 Monza Spyder Convertible ~ 1960 Monza Ermine White/Red PG ++ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 CoupeEvening Orchid w/ ivory/black interior ~ 1962 Monza Wagon 102/4 ~ 1963 Rampside/Scamper ~ 1963 Red/Greenbrier ~ 1969 Ultra Van #468

Posted by: RobertC ()
Date: August 24, 2021 11:47PM

1966-Corsa-GT-180 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Alec,
> the link goes to a dead-end = no results found
>
> who is the seller?
>
> thanks

It worked better earlier. Looks like the seller removed the particular item from his eBay listing(s). Just a guess. Know nothing about eBay.

Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: August 25, 2021 03:34AM

Do an eBay search for the search term Corvair manual CD -fits

It will find all Corvair manuals CDs. You must use the -fits to get rid of other cars that aren't Corvairs.

To be more specific you can put your Corvair model year at the beginning of the search term.

Posted by: gbullman ()
Date: August 25, 2021 05:47AM

playerpage Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You can download my "Corvair Kit" here:
>
> Corvair Kit 2020 - ZIP
>
> It has the shop manual, Corvair Gold, and Corvair Basics. And a bunch of other tech articles, 60s magazine reprints, and advertising literature.

Eric,

Thanks for the link, a lot of information / resources are in that zip file.

Gary
1966 Corsa Convertible
Northern New Jersey

Posted by: vairmech ()
Date: August 25, 2021 06:11AM

Instead of going to some unknown seller how about a reputable business? I have dealt with these guys and I have the full set of CD's for the Corvair plus for a '51 Caddy!

I have purchased from Detroit Iron[/b] and I like what they offer. Might be a little more expensive but they are legitimate.

Ken Hand
Handy Car Care
248 613 8586

Vairmech@aol.com

Posted by: playerpage ()
Date: August 25, 2021 08:57AM

No problem, Gary.

Though I admit it has a lot of 1965-1966 LM bias. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: AlecCarlson ()
Date: August 25, 2021 03:39PM

When I last checked the seller had 1 CD left. He had 17 to start with. He must have deleted the post once he ran out of product.

Here is a working link: eBay GM LM Documentation CD

However, I didn't realize Ken had these available. Would be a better source if you're looking to purchase one.

Also, Eric seems to have some online documentation available...

Alec
Dahlonega, GA
1965 Corsa Convertible Turbo 4-Speed
Restoration "In Progress"

Posted by: jcorvair ()
Date: August 25, 2021 04:01PM

Link to ebay worked fine for me. One CD left.

James
West Kelowna, BC

1965 Corvair, Corsa, Convertible 180/4 - Artesian Turquoise w/ white interior
1966 Corvair Corsa Coupe, 140/4 - Aztec Bronze w/ black interior
2019 Express Car Hauler (Aluminum, Enclosed)
2015 Polaris 570 EPS
2016 Polaris 570 SP
2020 Outdoors RV 25RLS
2020 Corvette HTC 3LT,Z51,FE4
2021 Toyota Tacoma (VooDoo)
2021 Silverado 3500HD Crew Cab 4x4 (for hauling cars, trailers, fifth wheels, quads, etc.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.