Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Corvairs and bears
Posted by: briandowdy ()
Date: April 27, 2021 03:45AM

[www.imdb.com]

All I can say is WOW! ..some really smart people here. A couple of Corvairs though

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Corvairs and bears
Posted by: viewmaster ()
Date: April 27, 2021 07:44AM

Reminds me of the Yogi Bear cartoons...LOL Those tourist sure are ignorant.

Mike
'65 '500' Sedan 110 PG
'65 Monza Sedan turbo'd 110 SU conversion
Fresno, CA

Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: April 27, 2021 10:42AM

That was common, and acceptable back in the day.
People went to see the famous bears, as much as the scenery at the park.
In fact, one of the "Nature Talks" was held every evening, at the "Park Dump", where the Ranger would give a talk about bears, while the tourist sat and watched the bears rifle through all the fresh garbage that had been collect from the park that day.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border, I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

Posted by: Timothy Shortle ()
Date: April 27, 2021 12:40PM

Reminds me of being stuck in "traffic" in Custer SD. There were literally hundred of buffalo and people were trying to get close up pictures of them. Dumb.

Posted by: Frank DuVal ()
Date: April 27, 2021 06:41PM

Not a good picture of my Corvair (under the cover), but a black bear is looking at it....

No, I did not want to get a closer picture!!!!eye popping smiley

Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2021 06:42PM by Frank DuVal.

Attachments:
Posted by: brentc ()
Date: April 27, 2021 07:31PM

I remember this arriving in the mail!

Brent

Attachments:
Posted by: JimBrandberg ()
Date: April 28, 2021 04:43AM

I've heard buffalo can turn and attack for no apparent reason. It runs through your mind when you're on a motorcycle and everyone stops in the midst of a herd.

Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com

Posted by: Phil Dally ()
Date: April 28, 2021 05:21AM

Looky Loos out there every day on PCH blocking traffic gawking at the Hearst Zebras...it's just a horse people.

[insh.world]

Attachments:
Posted by: Phil Dally ()
Date: April 28, 2021 05:38AM

We also have a herd of commercially raised Bison (YUM!) at Cametta Ranch on CA58 near La Panza where we prospect.

Attachments:
Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: April 29, 2021 06:54PM

Phil Dally Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looky Loos out there every day on PCH blocking traffic gawking at the Hearst Zebras...it's just a horse people.

Yes, but are they White horses, with Black stripes, or Black horses, with white stripes? confused smiley

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border, I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

Date: April 29, 2021 08:03PM

JimBrandberg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've heard buffalo can turn and attack for no apparent reason. It runs through your mind when you're on a motorcycle and everyone stops in the midst of a herd.

Got that right!! Was in a "Buff Stuff" in Yellowstone while driving my Chrysler T&C - in front of us was a motorcyclist that threw down the kickstand and was looking for real metal to put between his lonely self and the wandering herd.
Yikes!!

Just a few feet outside the passenger window..... Bison Social interaction up close and personal!!

There were many of them wandering thru the stopped vehicles around us for at least 15-20 min. Very cool inside a 2+ton van - but I'm sure glad I wansnt on my motorcycle!

Dan Davis ~ Pierce County, WA ~ CORSA Western Director + Corvairs NW + North Cascades Corvairs + Corvanatics
1966 Corsa Turbo coupe ~ ~ 1966 Corsa 140 Coupe ~ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 Convertible Sierra Tan/Fawn ~ 1964 Monza Spyder Convertible ~ 1960 Monza Ermine White/Red PG ++ ~ 1965 Monza 140/4 CoupeEvening Orchid w/ ivory/black interior ~ 1962 Monza Wagon 102/4 ~ 1963 Rampside/Scamper ~ 1963 Red/Greenbrier ~ 1969 Ultra Van #468

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2021 10:15PM by MattNall.

Attachments:
Posted by: RobertC ()
Date: April 29, 2021 10:13PM

Yellowstone Buffalo - not sure for no reason, but they get nervous if you get too close. Any number of people have been attacked in Yellowstone over the years.

The lodge pole pine have grown back so thick in places that the Buffalo use the roads.

We were passed by a herd being herded down one lane of the road by rangers in vehicles.

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: April 29, 2021 10:16PM

Open range cattle are no different!

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
...............110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: JimBrandberg ()
Date: April 30, 2021 04:30AM

The big fire in Yellowstone was quite the deal. It would be interesting to see it now 25 years later. Time flies when you're having fun.

Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com

Posted by: RobertC ()
Date: April 30, 2021 11:31AM

Here is a bear - no Corvairs: Think ranger said it was feeding on Huckleberries (memory?). Black Bear - About 10 feet off the ground.

Attachments:

Posted by: scottymac ()
Date: April 30, 2021 11:21PM

Have to love that big pink Vauxhall at the beginning of the video! Wonder how many of those made it to the States! English version of the '58 Impala!

Scott
Danville, In.
'65 Corsa basket case
'66 Monza coupe
[corvaircenter.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.