Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
F/S 1964 Spyder Convertible
Posted by: junkman ()
Date: April 07, 2021 11:36AM

This is best described as a parts car or a project car. Couple small holes in the floor, that should be an easy fix, trunk is solid, battery box is solid. The building that the car was in collapsed in a snow storm, and eventually removed, leaving the car to the elements for a couple of years. This was a driving car when it was put away, and after the collapse, I lost interest in dealing with it. The car does have on it presently a fiberglass top, and the original canvas top is folded down into the boot area. Three of the 4 wheels turn, and one will need to be freed by the new buyer. The tires are just rollers, and one will need to be replaced to make moving it easier. Car is located in Woodstock Ct on the Southbridge MA border. Buyer will be responsible for removal. Car will be sold with a CT DMV sale of a non titled motor vehicle. CT doesn't issue titles for cars older than 10 years. Pictures will be available shortly. I will throw this out there starting at $2500 or best offer. I am flexible and want the car gone quickly, since my wife doesn't want to look at it the back yard all summer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Attachments:

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: F/S 1964 Spyder Convertible
Posted by: Spectre ()
Date: April 07, 2021 12:00PM

Depending on the buyer's state of residence, the CT no title should not be a problem. Georgia does not title old cars. When I moved to Oklahoma, I provided them with the registration and bill of sale and they they gave me an OK title. They had a book that had various state regulations and were able to verify GA did not title old cars. Hopefully other states are similar. Our tag/title offices are privatized, so they are a bit more efficient that state-run DMVs.

David Clamp

1965 Corsa convertible - 140 4spd/3.55/AM-FM

2013 Mustang GT convertible - 5.0, 6spd auto, Procharger i-1

2003 Miata SE - 6spd manual (wife's toy)

"Victory is mine!" - SG

Norman, OK

Date: April 07, 2021 12:21PM

The car originally came from Georgia, and I haven't looked yet, but I might still have the Georgia title, if CT didn't take it when I registered the car. That was a very long time ago, 1982 if I remember correctly. I just came back in from looking the car over more, and there is no rust in the trunk floor. I checked the fenders and quarters, and they are also solid. I have no way to get under the car, so I can't report on that, but the top side looks very solid. I am almost tempted to get it running, put tires and brakes on it, and drive it as a rat rod. The only thing that stops me from considering this is my age, and so many other things that I have to do before I pass onto the next world. I don't want to leave a mess for someone else to clean up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Date: April 09, 2021 04:41AM

Got my first offer... the junk yard told me that they will pick it up and pay $200.

Posted by: joelsplace ()
Date: April 09, 2021 08:49AM

It's a 52 hour trip for me according to Google. :-(

Joel
Northlake, TX
5 Ultravans, 116 Corvairs and counting...

Posted by: truckin-on ()
Date: April 09, 2021 09:14PM

PM sent...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.