Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Russell ProClassic Series Hose - Good?
Posted by: Willt65 ()
Date: April 02, 2021 10:04AM

I am installing a Remote oil Filter, and I purchased proclassic series hose to accomplish the task. While in the process of performing this operation, I read on the box that the temperature rating for the hose is -40*F to 350*F. So now I'm wondering if the rating of 350*F is adequate for corvair operation. I have on order a new Nash fan (can't wait to get it!), this will lower the potential high temps some but I understand that head temps can sometimes reach 400*F or so. Is the oil temp also that high? I am also running external lubrication to the rocker arms, which I understand put's more temp into the oil. What do the experts who have run oil lines use? Also my car is a performance street car. Thanks for your replies!

Will Teeter
Flintstone, MD
65 Corsa project
66 Monza parts car
49 Chevy 5 window project
08 Chevy 2500
13 Honda Odyssey
07 Honda 919
04 Honda Rancher
05 Honda Forman
96 Honda XR400R

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Russell ProClassic Series Hose - Good?
Posted by: Willt65 ()
Date: April 02, 2021 10:10AM

In addition I have a clark's finned oil pan and am only using the stock 12 fin oil cooler, that I have just ultrasonically cleaned. And I have the top heater hose blocked.
I have external oil lubrication to the rocker arms because I have Ford Non rail roller tip rockers and wanted to add lubrication going to the roller's. I know some will tell me this is not necessary. I added this info just to give additional build info.

Will Teeter
Flintstone, MD
65 Corsa project
66 Monza parts car
49 Chevy 5 window project
08 Chevy 2500
13 Honda Odyssey
07 Honda 919
04 Honda Rancher
05 Honda Forman
96 Honda XR400R

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2021 10:14AM by Willt65.

Re: Russell ProClassic Series Hose - Good?
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: April 02, 2021 10:13AM

You should be fine. Oil will seldom see 260F.

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
...............110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.