Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Communique again
Posted by: eddieb ()
Date: April 01, 2021 05:17PM

Well here it is April 1st and still no CC. Anyone missing theirs? Contacted the CORSA office via email but no response. Anyone have contact info to someone who responds? Yes I know it may be with the PO but I'd still like to talk to someone from CORSA. This is un-acceptable. EddieB Dade City,Fl

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Communique again
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: April 01, 2021 05:20PM

Eddie and others...why not go electronic? You can print out the PDF if it's a special ,to you, issue?

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
...............110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: RobertC ()
Date: April 02, 2021 12:05AM

eddieb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well here it is April 1st and still no CC.
> This is un-acceptable. EddieB Dade City,Fl

Given that I think the CC is sent "magazine rate" versus first class -- which means first class has "priority"; AND, since the current head of the USPS has further "hobbled" an institution that is not known expert efficiency, I think your irritation is over wrought.

People have complained here about first class mail being "overdue".

I have no problem getting solicitations / junk mail: I probably fill a bag with the paper every week.

Posted by: Timothy Shortle ()
Date: April 02, 2021 07:12AM

I have not recived my CC yet either. I could read it "electronically" but still want my paper version.

Posted by: FLSteve ()
Date: April 02, 2021 01:31PM

Just check i did not get mine either. I bet it will come sometime. I will still sleep well tonight.

Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: April 02, 2021 04:36PM

RobertC Wrote:
> eddieb Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > Well here it is April 1st and still no CC.
> > This is un-acceptable. EddieB Dade City,Fl
>
> Given that I think the CC is sent "magazine rate" versus first class -- which means first class has "priority"; AND, since the current head of the USPS has further "hobbled" an institution that is not known expert efficiency, I think your irritation is over wrought.
> People have complained here about first class mail being "overdue".
>
> I have no problem getting solicitations / junk mail: I probably fill a bag with the paper every week.

Since the elections are past, and people are still complaining about the U.S.P.S., I guess we can't Blame Trump for it.
PMG has a new Boss, and it hasn't changed, so if it was all political, it should have been fixed by now.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border, I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2021 05:52PM by MattNall.

Posted by: 2ragtops ()
Date: April 03, 2021 06:31AM

I got this issue four days ago. But...………..

there have been times when it came as late as 5-6 days into the month.

Bob Bauer

Show-Me Corvairs

1966 Monza Convert 140 P/G with A/C, plastic wheel with tele-column am-fm posi-traction

1965 Corsa Coupe Crown V8 temporarily red lined for repair
House Springs, Missouri

Posted by: Timothy Shortle ()
Date: April 13, 2021 08:42PM

I just got my Communique yesterday April 12. It is in excellent condition. Better late than never.

Posted by: Allan Lacki ()
Date: April 14, 2021 08:14AM

Hi Everybody,

I can assure you that the Communiques are being printed and put in the mail on-time. Late delivery is due to our friends at the United States Postal Service. I can't say that it will do any good, but I suggest you write to your representatives in Washington, in both the House and Senate, and let them know what's going on.

Allan Lacki

Posted by: 66vairman ()
Date: April 14, 2021 08:39AM

American Mel Wrote:
>
> Since the elections are past, and people are still complaining about the U.S.P.S., I guess we can't Blame Trump for it.
> PMG has a new Boss, and it hasn't changed, so if it was all political, it should have been fixed by now.

Trump's Post Master General "LeJoy" is still in charge - unfortunately. Not easy to fire the PMG. Sadly.

Not sure why you think there is a new PMG Amel, must be listening to "alternative facts".

Posted by: steve c goodman ()
Date: April 14, 2021 08:58AM

Delivery time complaints aren't new folks. Before internet was a word there were complaints about delivery time differences. Back then the complaint was the 'good parts' advertised in the COMMUNIQUE were all gone before some even received their copy of the magazine. CORSA staff answered the same then too; all copies are mailed at the same time.

The letter to the editor back then sometimes requested 1st class mail and many asked for a 'sleeve' to protect the magazine from being damaged in handling. CORSA always stated that 1st class was too costly. (which is true of course)

best wishes, Steve
Rear Engine Spec. Inc. Golden, Colo.

1962 spyder 3.0L turbo---1965 Crown V8
1967 monza 110/4---1968 monza 110/4
1971 amante gt 110/4
CORSA/RMC/PPCC/V8 Registry

Posted by: Spectre ()
Date: April 14, 2021 09:21AM

I'm with Matt - electronic is on time and I can print it if I want to.

David Clamp

1965 Corsa convertible - 140 4spd/3.55/AM-FM

2013 Mustang GT convertible - 5.0, 6spd auto, Procharger i-1

2003 Miata SE - 6spd manual (wife's toy)

"Victory is mine!" - SG

Norman, OK

Posted by: isucorvair ()
Date: April 14, 2021 09:34AM

I love the print edition ( I rec'd mine about a week ago). I sit in front of a computer at work all day - I love coming home to something I can physically hold, and turn pages, not worry about the battery being charged, etc.

Long live the Print Edition! I'm only 40....so definitely in the younger segment of the Corvair world, still.

Eric P.
DeWitt, IA

Posted by: Spectre ()
Date: April 14, 2021 09:52AM

Eric, I prefer reading printed things. Just pointing out there is a way around the inconsistent USPS delivery schedule. Fun fact: you can sign up online for a free USPS account, and they email you every day with what is coming to your mailbox. No email that day? You're not getting any mail that day. Even this service is not perfect though. I'll get notice of mail incoming, and it doesn't show until the next day.

David Clamp

1965 Corsa convertible - 140 4spd/3.55/AM-FM

2013 Mustang GT convertible - 5.0, 6spd auto, Procharger i-1

2003 Miata SE - 6spd manual (wife's toy)

"Victory is mine!" - SG

Norman, OK

Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: April 14, 2021 06:46PM

66vairman Wrote:
> American Mel Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > Since the elections are past, and people are still complaining about the U.S.P.S., I guess we can't Blame Trump for it.
> > PMG has a new Boss, and it hasn't changed, so if it was all political, it should have been fixed by now.
>
> Trump's Post Master General "LeJoy" is still in charge - unfortunately. Not easy to fire the PMG. Sadly.
>
> Not sure why you think there is a new PMG Amel, must be listening to "alternative facts".

Did you even read what I wrote ? ? ? confused smiley
I NEVER said there was a new PMG!

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border, I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

Posted by: irfgt ()
Date: April 15, 2021 03:39PM

I got mine today.

Posted by: corventure Dave ()
Date: April 16, 2021 08:01AM

For me.. like driving old car's. So it stands to reason that I like to read old style printed publications. eye rolling smiley smileys with beer

Corventure Dave

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.