Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
WTB - 1965 NOS Wheel Trim for Resto Project - THANKS
Posted by: Brucem ()
Date: January 11, 2021 05:11PM

Looking for NOS Wheel Well Trim Thanks for checking

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WTB - 1965 NOS Wheel Trim for Resto Project - THANKS
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: January 11, 2021 05:15PM

Good luck with the search!! They got to be out there!

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: January 11, 2021 06:40PM

You can get the Clark's reproduction wheel opening trim if nothing else is available. [ssl.corvair.com]

Part number C283A: SET OF (4) LARGE 65 WHEEL TRIM-REPROS COME W/SCREWS *HOLES NOT PRE-DRILLED* $225.55

Part number C285A: SET 65 SHORT WHEEL TRIM-SET OF 6 -REPRO *SCREWS INCLD ** ONLY HAVE SET/5-C285AX ** $158.55

The only issue at the moment is they are currently out of complete sets of the six piece short trim sets. Apparently the C292 REAR OF RIGHT REAR piece is absent.

BUT....If you look at the individual parts listings, it appears that the C292 part is available individually.
This may be an oversight on their inventory accuracy but it would not hurt to call & verify their inventory should you decide to go this route.

1962 95 F.C. Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: January 11, 2021 06:54PM

I happen to have a NOS set of all ten pieces for a 1965 still in their original GM wrappers. I bought them a few years ago for a car I am still working on.

IF you absolutely, positively must have NOS trim for a 1965 and are willing to spend what it would take to purchase a set, I might be persuaded to let the set I have go, if the right offer were made.

Hint: Any offer would need to be no less than double the cost of acquiring a set of reproduction trim, to get me to even consider parting with them at this time.

1962 95 F.C. Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.