Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Key doesn't work
Posted by: joelsplace ()
Date: January 09, 2021 07:10PM

So the Model 14 codes are off 1 compared to the Model 15?

Joel
Northlake, TX
5 Ultravans, 114 Corvairs and counting...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Frank DuVal ()
Date: January 09, 2021 07:35PM

I do not have a specific Model 14 code book to answer the question. From what I read, the models 14 and 15 clipper uses the same code book. For all vehicle brands.

So what book does Junkman have?confused smiley

Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

Posted by: junkman ()
Date: January 09, 2021 07:49PM

The codes in my book, after excruciating searching are for the Curtis Model 14 key clipper.. I also have some other books, and I will have to dig them out. This might explain why the one key that I cut on a Curtis Model 15 key clipper didn't work. I have a 7 page printout of the the Curtis Model 15 key clipper codes also....Time for me to put a note into the old book to add 1 to each of the code numbers in that book when using it with the model 15 clipper.

It might be helpful reading to see this previous post... [corvaircenter.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: January 10, 2021 05:59AM

More food for thought:

I happen to have code books that appear to be for models 14 and 15. BOTH code books show the SAME Cuts for Code 8585.

The one specifically for my Model 14 Curtis cutter is a thick book (about 1-1/4" thick) with a 1971 Copyright Date but the index pages have revision dates of 8/75 on page 3, and 6/74 on pages 4 & 5. Page 13 has a revision date of 6/74 and illustrates the exploded view of the Model 14 Cutter.
This book covers "American Vehicles" On the back cover it has a Part Number of 19615.

The one that appears to be for the Model 15 Curtis Cutter is thinner and covers 1936 through 1974 General Motors Vehicles (Including Opel at the back). This book is about 1/2" Thick.

Page 1 of the GM Book shows the Model 15 Cutter and has a revision date of 9/72 while page 2 shows a Copyright Date of 1971. Page 5 has a rev date of 11/71
The back cover of this book has a Part Number of 351465 GM 1/74 JSS

I also have thinner books (about 1/8"-3/16" thick) that cover Ford and Chrysler/American Motors vehicles.

1962 95 F.C. Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2021 06:01AM by Caraholic4life.

Posted by: junkman ()
Date: January 10, 2021 06:40AM

My Curtis book doesn't have any dates, just references the Model 14 on page XXV. The other pages are a photocopy that I got from someone years ago. That refers to HPC 1200CM, 1200PCH, Codemax, Silca, none of which makes any sense to me. Those pages have the codes as 1 digit higher than the Curtis book. The Curtis book is missing both covers, and starts at page 3 with "Index".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.