Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: WTB Good/very good condition 1962 coupe rear grille
Posted by: antkoto ()
Date: February 16, 2021 04:14PM

I have 1 NOS 62-63 rear car grill in the GM wrapper. Price is $750. plus shipping and insurance from Oregon.

Duane

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: antkoto ()
Date: February 16, 2021 04:14PM

I have 1 NOS 62-63 rear car grill in the GM wrapper. Price is $750. plus shipping and insurance from Oregon.

Duane

Posted by: Marco_a_p ()
Date: February 16, 2021 06:54PM

Good thing I have a 62 Wagon! winking smiley

Marco
A 2nd Gen Monza Wagon, a 2nd Gen GB 8door, a 2nd Gen (61's were 1st Gen) R/s and a 62nd Gen Turbo coupe..

Hanging out with the scorpions, king snakes, road runners, coyotes and quails In the southern desert of the silver state
Mesquite NV 89024

Posted by: junkman ()
Date: February 16, 2021 08:51PM

Marco_a_p Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good thing I have a 62 Wagon! winking smiley

I have a NOS Grille for that also..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Posted by: Marco_a_p ()
Date: February 17, 2021 03:38PM

@ Junkman.... Me Too! Picked up at the Convention at Flag Staff almost 20 yeas ago! Paid $100 for it. It currently sits in the rear cargo area the wagon...
Dont think I will be installing it as I using a Non-stocck exhaust.

My hopes (which not seem to be fading) was to find a 62/63 car one and make a filler for the notch in the body....

Who knows maybe Ill get lucky and find one at an estate sale someday! LOL!!

Marco
A 2nd Gen Monza Wagon, a 2nd Gen GB 8door, a 2nd Gen (61's were 1st Gen) R/s and a 62nd Gen Turbo coupe..

Hanging out with the scorpions, king snakes, road runners, coyotes and quails In the southern desert of the silver state
Mesquite NV 89024

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2021 03:38PM by Marco_a_p.

Posted by: junkman ()
Date: February 18, 2021 03:07AM

The day that Clarks announces that they have a reproduction coming, that will be the day that everyone will be selling theirs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Posted by: Beers ()
Date: February 18, 2021 08:00PM

antkoto Wrote:
> I have 1 NOS 62-63 rear car grill in the GM wrapper. Price is $750. plus shipping and insurance from Oregon.
>
> Duane

Well KOOP, here’s your shot! Hard to beat NOS. $smoking smiley$

‘63 Monza Spyder convertible [www.corvairforum.com]
SF Bay Area, CA

Posted by: RThompson ()
Date: February 23, 2021 07:09PM

junkman Wrote:
> The day that Clarks announces that they have a reproduction coming, that will be the day that everyone will be selling theirs.

Junkman is right on this.

However, the tooling for that style grille is very difficult and expensive to make as well as hard to produce consistent parts. I had quoted Cal on making the 64 grill years ago and that had multiple progressive dies The 62-63 grille has more dies, therefore it is unlikely that this one will ever be done.

Plus, the design was one that relatively fragile and had a tendency to bend easily and was never really rigid, like the 64 design.

Rich

Posted by: 110PG ()
Date: February 25, 2021 01:08PM

Pm sent

Joe
Western WI
66 Corsa Convertible
VCCA #

Posted by: 110PG ()
Date: February 25, 2021 04:42PM

This belongs to a friend of mine and its for sale.(He doesnt ship/sell online but I told him I could help out since I move stuff from time to time. Its used with some imperfections but clean. I can email pics to anyone seriously interested (I didnt want to load them all). I did send a PM to KOOP since its his post and would like to give 1st shot.

$325

Joe
Western WI
66 Corsa Convertible
VCCA #

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2021 04:49PM by 110PG.

Attachments:

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.