Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Stopping in for a visit.
Posted by: Seth Emerson ()
Date: March 30, 2021 08:15PM

Watch the blood pressure, Mark!

Seth Emerson

Check my new Performance Corvair Web site [www.perfvair.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: 67 airvair ()
Date: March 31, 2021 06:00AM

Seth, my blood pressure's fine. But can we say the word sacrilege!

-Mark

Posted by: playerpage ()
Date: March 31, 2021 11:42AM

Trying not to pop in much, supposed to spend most of April off the internet, but I've got to say that for me it's a Corvair if it looks like a Corvair and if the engine is in the back (that is, behind the driver), no matter whether it uses water or not. That's why I consider John Player's Australian racer of the 60s and 70s a Corvair. Not to mention that it's a great family name! winking smiley

What Mark has done, I would probably put sort of in the dune buggy category. Hints of Corvair but the rest is really something else. He deserves all the credit in the world for what he's accomplished!

Eric C. Player
Fargo, North Dakota, by way of Porterville, California
MEMBER: CORSA National, Central Coast CORSA, South Coast CORSA, Vintage CORSA, Sfba CORSA, and Great Plains Corvair Club.
THEN: 1965 Monza 110, Canary Yellow - 1965 Corsa 180 Turbo, Red - 1966 Monza 110, Purple - 1967 Monza 140, Red - 1966 500 110, Black; nicknamed "Shadow" - 1965 Monza 110, Camaro Yellow; nicknamed "Silver"
NOW: 1966 Corsa 180 Turbo, Blue; nicknamed "Bluvair"
---------------------------------------
"He cautioned me not to take notes. It would not have helped if I had, as he would start a paragraph with, 'It is therefore obvious. . .'
and go on from there to matters which may have been obvious to him and God but to no one else."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, character of Daniel B. Davis, 'The Door Into Summer.'

Date: March 31, 2021 06:47PM

As far as my own tastes go, I like most everything. But I draw the line when someone isn't honest with his efforts. To put a Corvair shell on a Monte Carlo chassis and try to call it a Corvair isn't reality. It's a "something else with a Corvair skin". If it were on a 4x4 chassis with big mudders on all fours, that would still be a "something else" but it would be honest. What the Jag car is is the extreme of the former. He's done everything possible to hide that it's a Jag, and having the audacity to try to call it a Corvair. I'm not buying that. It's still a Jag, no matter what he wants to call it.

Just my opinion. Your mileage may vary, thank you very much.

-Mark

Posted by: azdave ()
Date: April 01, 2021 04:34AM

This is truly a situation where the book is judged by its cover. You could put a Corvair body on a bulldozer and it would still be called a Corvair by 99.9% of those who see it. You'll have as much luck changing that fact as you do trying to get people to use the terms sedan and hardtop correctly. smiling smiley

Dave W. / Gilbert Arizona
65 Corsa 140/4
66 Corsa 140/4
66 Corsa 140/4 w/factory A/C
66 Corsa 455 Toro V8
65 Monza Convertible 110/4
66 Monza Convertible 140/4 A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5

Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: April 01, 2021 11:12AM

Hey Dave, don't forget "Rear Windshield" too. grinning smiley hot smiley

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border, I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.

Date: April 01, 2021 01:38PM

From bastard cars to automotive slang. Oh what a twisted thread we weave...

If this is what the world is coming to, then it makes getting old and getting hard of hearing and seeing easier to take.

-Mark

Posted by: davemotohead ()
Date: April 08, 2021 09:45AM

67 airvair Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Posted by: Timothy Shortle ()
> Date: March 29, 2021 04:14PM
>
> I still considered Milt Binion's (?) V12 Jaguar powered LM Corvair a Corvair.
> Of course this was back in Palm Springs many moons ago.
>
> But I say in response:
>
> And if I ever got hold of that car, I'd modify the holy hell out of the body, so that it could never be returned to posing like a Corvair. It is an impostor, a fraud, and doesn't deserve to even be titled with a Corvair VIN. Sure, he did an incredible job of hiding it's Jag underpinnings, even went to great lengths to do so. And did it with incredibly fine workmanship. But what a total waste of talent, not to mention trashing a really fine, nicely optioned Corvair in the process!
>
> It's a car that proves the point that just because you can jump off a bridge, doesn't mean you should. There are some things that are simply so insulting to sanity that they simply should NOT be done. His car proves that in spades.
>
> -Mark
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
WOW Dude! I noticed your car has non Corvair Lights under the bumper, Front trunk mounted condenser the Corvair never came with, Corsa dash transplant, Cruz control? Even your horn button is incorrect, your car is loaded with non Corvair parts but bashing other peoples hard work is fine by you? Especially the great Milt Binion! How do you sleep with yourself! eye rolling smiley

1960 4dr sedan caveman car
1961 Rampside (Chetside)
1962 Rampside (Barnside)
1962 Short Rampside (Shortside)
1962 Monza 700 Wagon
1963 Monza 900 coup (General Nader)

-----------------------------------
Rust Free Lancaster Ca

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2021 09:48AM by davemotohead.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.