Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
SOLD!! Curtis Model 15 Key Clipper
Posted by: junkman ()
Date: November 21, 2020 06:12PM

Just found this in a box of parts. It is a Curtis Model 15 key clipper for making keys by number. You will also need to purchase a carriage (part that the key slides into), and the cam (the part that you set to the code of the key that you are making). For the Corvairs from 1960 to 1969, it is a GM-1 Cam, and for the 1960-1966, it is the GM-1 carriage. For the 1967-1969 cars, the Cam stays the same, and only the carriage changes. Those years use the GM-2x carriage. They are usually available as a set on eBay for a reasonable price of $25 - $30 for the set. Sometimes a little less and other times a little less. If you keep your eyes out for the individual pieces, I have seen them in the $8 - $12 range. I am asking $60 shipped for this machine.
The key number books show up also on eBay, and you can also ask about a particular key number on these forums, since many of us already have the books and can give you the codes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2020 07:31PM by MattNall.

Attachments:

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: F/S Curtis Model 15 Key Clipper
Posted by: cnicol ()
Date: November 21, 2020 06:25PM

Merry Christmas to me (etc). PM sent.

Craig N. Coeur d'Alene ID.
66 Black Monza 4dr, 4.2L V8 49k
61 Seamist Jade Rampside 140 PG
60 Monza coupe (sold, sniff sniff)
66 Sprint Corsa convt - First car! Re-purchased 43 years later
2+2 gnatsuM 5691

+17 Tons of parts

Re: SOLD!! Curtis Model 15 Key Clipper
Posted by: Frank DuVal ()
Date: November 21, 2020 08:36PM

Great! Fast sale. Lucky I already have one, a narrow head 38° for GM keys. I also have another model 15 wide head clipper, with a slightly different angle of cut, 45° universal for Ford and Chrysler.

The one pictured above is a wide head model 15.

Lots of good information on Hawley's website:

[www.hawleylocksupply.com]

Frank DuVal

Fredericksburg, VA

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.