Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pistons, rods, cylinders and rings-For Sale
Posted by: rwthomas1 ()
Date: November 20, 2020 09:06AM

Hello All,
I have a set of pistons, rods, cylinders and rings for sale. All parts from Clark’s Corvair. The Pistons, rings, and cylinders are 1965-69 PN#C12858, Clarks Forged Pistons, Hastings Chrome Rings, and “Premium” cylinders, all are 0.030 over. Cylinders have been degreased, masked off and painted with 3 coats of VHT engine enamel. Then the bores were re-oiled. Rods are Clarks 1964-69 PN#9203 high performance balanced rods with ARP bolts. Pistons installed on rods by Clarks using their service C8828R. I checked the ring gaps and all are within GM spec. These parts are new, never been in service. I did check the rod bearing clearances, so the rods have been torqued to the crankshaft on the bench, not in the motor. The reason I’m selling this package is I upgraded to a big bore kit.
I do not want any core parts. Pricing is current Clarks, the total is what you would pay if you ordered today. Make me an offer. Buyer pays actual shipping costs, or local pickup. Email rwthomas1 “at” yahoo.com Thank you, RT

Clarks C12858, Pistons, rings, cylinders, $949-$270core = $679.00
Clarks 9203, High performance balanced rods, $507-$192core = $315.00
Clarks C8828R, installation of pistons on rods, $32.00

Total $1026.00

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pistons, rods, cylinders and rings-For Sale
Posted by: joelsplace ()
Date: November 20, 2020 10:05AM

What is the piston clearance?

Joel
Northlake, TX
5 Ultravans, 113 Corvairs and counting...

Posted by: rwthomas1 ()
Date: November 20, 2020 11:49AM

Piston clearance is whatever Clarks set it at. I didn't check and count on vendors like Clarks to know what they are doing, it was sold as a set.

RT

Posted by: bought1 ()
Date: November 21, 2020 06:17AM

Where are you located.

Dave

Posted by: dryenko ()
Date: November 21, 2020 06:22AM

Check the piston clearance carefully.
Several have observed that the clearance on the Forged pistons sold by Clarks is not large enough to prevent scuffing during the p break-in period.

Bob C aka Dryenko
Dobson, NC 27017

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.