Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Wanted to buy TRW MB2005P MAIN BEARING
Posted by: dualpointdude ()
Date: November 14, 2020 01:11PM

Have a trw ms2584p main bearing set and one of the boxes MB2005P is missing a shell. would buy a shell or a small box mb2005p with a pair.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wanted to buy TRW MB2005P MAIN BEARING
Posted by: dualpointdude ()
Date: November 14, 2020 01:14PM

wanted to buy trw MB 2005 P MAIN BEARING SHELLS(UPPER AND LOWER)
got a trw ms2584p main bearing set, and somebody must have grabbed 1 out of the box many years ago.

Posted by: wittsend ()
Date: November 15, 2020 11:12AM

One of the bearings has an offset. I think it is only on one half shell as there is typically a color marker to identify it. I say that because you might have a situation with a single shell where you could have a too tight situation (meaning pairing together two offset shells).

So, you might check your existing bearings to see if there is a color marker on the end of one. I was able to mic the edge/corner and identify the different shell in the absence of a color marker. Knowing this would rule out the need for that one specific shell. Assuming you have the offset shell I'd think you could run any (non-offset) brand as a two half "set" for that particular journal.

Posted by: Vairismo ()
Date: November 15, 2020 02:16PM

If I was in your situation, personally I wouldn't sweat the TRW specific requirement. Most any reputable maker new bearing shell that fits with proper clearance would be ok.
Your engine, your rules, sorta depends on how long you'd be willing to wait for the TRW piece.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to give Clark's a call to see if they can provide if you haven't already.

Posted by: jjohnsonjo ()
Date: November 15, 2020 03:18PM

Yeah, Clarks doesn't sell partial sets, but they have helped me when I got a damaged bearing from them. It seems they have some sets that got broken up to help with customer problems over the years.

J.O.

65 Corsa Turbo Vert
79 Honda XL 500S
69 Honda CL 160 D
2010 BMW F 650 GS
2003 Bounder 36D
2013 KIA Optima SX turbo-AKA ZIPPY (wife,s car)
69 Newport Holiday Sailboat
Baja 150 dune buggy cart
Coleman HS 500 UTV
2016 KIA Sorento SXL Turbo

Bethlehem,Pa

Posted by: Wagon Master ()
Date: November 15, 2020 03:59PM

I would confirm which position bearing you needed, then call Clark's and see if they have a open set that they will sell you the pair of shells you need for 1/4 the price of a main set. What will it cost to ask?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.