Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
FS: Selling Our 66 Monza Sport Sedan Regal Rd / Black
Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: October 17, 2020 04:07AM

Selling as is. Mileage may not be accurate. Currently registered, titled.

This Vair has been on two 350 mile one way trips to Maggie Valley with no issues during the travel. About 5k miles since engine rework.

Tires & wheels bought in April 2018 and have less than 6000 miles. Complete new brake system, dual master cylinder to wheel cylinders & turned drums. New axle bearings & seals in front & rear.

Front suspension/steering and rear suspension reworked. New suspension bushings, tie rods, ball joints, rebuilt 63 aluminum steering gearbox, collapsible column intermediate steering shaft.

JDM 1157 Park/Turn/Brake LED bulbs, Halogen headlights, LED dome, courtesy and most instrument lights. Added console with 7' Binize touch screen radio, power outlets & cup holders. Added vacuum, oil pressure and voltmeter gauges. Clock added and upgraded to Quartz movement. Hi-flow fan with hi-speed relay installed. New antenna. Washer system larger reservoir and electric motor added.

New fuel system with electric fuel pump, relay control circuit with bypass switch. Rerouted engine lines.

110 hp engine, new piston, rings, cylinders & rod bearings. New gaskets & seals and other engine parts. Heads chambers cleaned & valves leak checked. Carbs rebuilt. New fan bearing, oil pump & balancer. Compression test on engine since rework 4800 miles earlier shows 165 psi average. Harley Sportster mufflers which I will change out to a used single exhaust if desired.

Rebuilt & balanced drive shafts. Differential serviced. Automatic PG Transmission resealed and serviced.

Heater cleaned & rebuilt. Ducts cleaned. Fuzzies replaced. Soundproofing added to rear section of passenger compartment.

Lots more documented on a spreadsheet, which is available to the buyer.

The Vair Discussion:
[corvaircenter.com]

Page 8 is start of engine out of car test.

The Engine Discussion:
[corvaircenter.com]

PM me, if interested. I then will provide email address for more photos and a phone number.

$9500 plus shipping and insurance

forsale

Al
Georgia

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2020 03:32PM by MattNall.

Attachments:

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FS: Selling Our 66 Monza Sport Sedan Regal Rd / Black
Posted by: cnicol ()
Date: October 18, 2020 10:11AM

Looks like you have a nice, straight car there Al. Good luck with your sale!

Just to be funny I'll note "5000k miles since engine rework". 5000K mi? (= 5 million miles) That's one heck of a record! smileys with beer

Craig N. Coeur d'Alene ID.
66 Black Monza 4dr, 4.2L V8 49k
61 Seamist Jade Rampside 140 PG
60 Monza coupe (sold, sniff sniff)
66 Sprint Corsa convt - First car! Re-purchased 43 years later
2+2 gnatsuM 5691

+17 Tons of parts

Posted by: FLSteve ()
Date: October 18, 2020 01:40PM

Beautiful color, do you know when it was painted and are any spots popping out?

Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: October 18, 2020 03:16PM

Steve:

I was told it was painted 8 years before I got it. I have had it 31 months now. The painter was not particular about prepping. Overspray is there from poor masking in a few places. I have cleaned up a little of it. There are some small blemishes in the paint. Right rear quarter was scrubbed clear of red paint from a blown tire, but I was able to paint and clear coat it where it doesn't stand out as a repair.

But it still is a good looker for its age.

Matt: Could you fix my mistake with the 5000k? I don't care if it is 5k or 5000. Thank you.

Al
Georgia

Posted by: rnch ()
Date: October 20, 2020 04:43AM

Anyone who has followed Al's careful, detail orientated, meticulous rebuilding and improving efforts of this desirable More Door will recognize this car as a perfect-as-possible "turn key" Corvair available in 2020.

thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2020 04:45AM by rnch.

Posted by: 67 airvair ()
Date: October 20, 2020 05:22AM

Beautiful car, Al. I love the wheels. Though I am not a big fam of spinners, I know a lot of people who are. Still, what you have there is what I wish GM would have allowed as an option on LM Corvairs. I've seen a lot of these wheels, with and without trim rings, this hubcap or the derby cap, and either black or body color matching, and love them all. Were I at GM and in charge of putting a 14" wheel option together, I'd be hard-pressed to figure out how to offer such an RPO.

Anyway, hope it goes to a good home, and that you get every dime out of it that you want. Knowing you as I do, it's no doubt worth it.

-Mark

Posted by: Spectre ()
Date: October 20, 2020 06:05AM

Nice-looking car!

David Clamp

1965 Corsa convertible - 140 4spd/3.55/AM-FM

2013 Mustang GT convertible - 5.0, 6spd auto, Procharger i-1

2003 Miata SE - 6spd manual (wife's toy)

"Victory is mine!" - SG

Norman, OK

Posted by: MtnVairMike ()
Date: October 20, 2020 08:41AM

Going to miss seeing it at Maggie Valley!

1966 Monza Convertible, 140HP-4 speed, Ermine White

Others in the menagerie...
72 Corvette Stingray, 58K miles, owned since 86
72 MGB, 112K miles, bought from original owner in 09
78 Chevy pickup, 124K miles, bought new in 78
93 Corvette, LT1/6spd, 210K miles, daily driver since 96

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.