Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
WTB - Looking for Late model door vent glass window assembly
Posted by: Brucem ()
Date: October 12, 2020 05:36PM

Looking for a set of door vents with excellent chrome. Mine are pitted looking to replace with a better set!
PM if you have them.
Thanks Bruce

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WTB - Looking for Late model door vent glass window assembly
Posted by: Mel ()
Date: October 12, 2020 06:18PM

I have a nice pair, PM your email address and I will send pictures

Orangeville, Ontario. CANADA

Date: October 14, 2020 04:02PM

More scrap smiling smiley off to China

Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: October 14, 2020 04:14PM

I have a few but not mint, so I didn't bother to offer. Something wrong with everyone. Same thing Mel with mine, they will go to scrap one day. I even have windows that will be discarded, since shipping is not really feasible due to no insurance.

Al
Georgia

Date: October 14, 2020 04:50PM

I guess everybody has SHOW CARS ? LOL,

Date: October 14, 2020 04:53PM

Yep. No more daily drivers out there. LOL.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Al
Georgia

Date: October 15, 2020 04:56PM

Ha! I plan to drive it - but mine are too pitted to put back on with a new paint job. I had all the stainless around the top and front pillars polished - so they look amazing. Mine just look really rough next to them. The cost of re-chome / finishing these is HIGH!
I figure if I am going this far on paint and body I should get as many steps right as possible.
So I find myself looking for lots of bits and pieces. I have had fairly good luck with some of it so far.
I appreciate your interest and for looking on my behalf. I have 3 nice Corvairs - i look forward to adding this one to the stable!!!

Date: October 15, 2020 05:40PM

Bruce:

I hope you take our comments with a grain of understanding. Seems lately everyone looking for a part is looking for perfect, mint, excellent, NOS and other terms that means if not perfect, it won't be on a Vair being worked. So that is why if I see words of those types, I don't bother since I don't have new items. Just items salvaged off dismantled Vairs that might find a new home. Less and less of my used parts are finding a home on another Vair, but are finding a home in a recycle yard as used parts can't be held onto forever. I have 2 bed liners with Corvair used parts. They are waiting their turn to go the the recycle yard. Price is low on steel right now. If someone wanted to save the good parts and come down here and pick it up for 10 cents a pound, I think I would let them fill up their truck from the bed liners. It would save me time to take them away.

Al
Georgia

Date: October 16, 2020 09:16AM

No, I don't take offense at all. I have been around the old car game since I was 14. So its a hobby for me. The main challenge is the cost of paint and body is so high now, you dont want to put on a funky part next to that. Thats the bummer and it drives up the cost for all of us. I want to put together a car the corvair community is proud of and reflects the way the car looked when new. This is a nice LA built turbo conv so its rare too.
I am still having a good time doing this. Meeting you guys and digging through the parts is half the fun. I am not much for sitting on a folding chair on a golf course with my car in front of mesmiling smileycool smileycool smileyI have found everyone here to be very helpful.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.