Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
WTB: 1965 blue w/custom deluxe buckle seat belts
Posted by: scottymac ()
Date: October 06, 2020 10:09AM

Would like to buy four mint 1965 blue seat belts to go with code 733 medium blue interior. Since it's for a '65, could be happy with a pair. Custom deluxe buckles have the Fisher Body coach on them. Please respond with photos of what you have with price and shipping to 46122.

Scott
Danville, In.
'65 Corsa basket case
'66 Monza coupe
[corvaircenter.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WTB: 1965 blue w/custom deluxe buckle seat belts
Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: October 06, 2020 02:28PM

IF you have no luck finding the correct 1965 Blue seat belts, you may inquire with vendors that offer reproduction belts and ask if they might be willing to make a set in Blue?

Here are a couple of links for a vendors that offer 1966 Deluxe Seat Belts that appear that they should probably work but are only offered in Black at this time.
(First & Second Photo's) Even though they are advertised as 1966 Impala, they appear to be close, or correct for the 1965 Corvair in my opinion.

Maybe if enough folks ask for other colors, someone will make them available?
1966 Impala / Fullsize Deluxe Front Seat Belt [www.ebay.com]
OER 3396121 1966 Chevrolet Impala Full Size Deluxe Front Seat Belt [www.ebay.com]
OER 3395837 1966 Chevrolet Impala Full Size Deluxe Rear Seat Belt [www.ebay.com]

Another potential option is that Junkman currently has a NOS Pair of 1966 Deluxe Seat Belts advertised on E-BAy. (Third Photo)
GM NOS DELUXE SEAT BELTS BRIGHT BLUE CHEVY CHEVELLE CAMARO CORVAIR SPT.CPE CONV [QMAAOSwN~ReyZNB" rel="nofollow">www.ebay.com]

Once in a long while used sets show up but they are usually dirty with poor chrome and not inexpensive. Patience is going to be needed to find the right parts.

1962 95 F.C. Van
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2020 02:30PM by Caraholic4life.

Attachments:

Date: October 06, 2020 05:37PM

Thanks for the advice, and photos, Andria. The Impala buckles are what I need; Paul's color is much brighter than my old belts.

Scott
Danville, In.
'65 Corsa basket case
'66 Monza coupe
[corvaircenter.com]

Posted by: junkman ()
Date: October 06, 2020 08:35PM

Colors and number of webbing bars are what make materials expensive. Most belting is woven in 1000' rolls, and that can get expensive quickly, especially if the color has to be exact. I don't know what I have left for belts, but I am certain that I do have some with the buckle that you want, just not certain about the color. The buckles changed in 1967, and the one that you are looking for was only used in 1965 & 1966, across all lines, except for Cadillac (from memory). There are also some subtle differences in them, but once again, I can't remember exactly what they are.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Posted by: isucorvair ()
Date: October 07, 2020 06:21AM

I have had many '66 with deluxe buckles, but they are the lower (brushed) picture, not the upper (chrome) picture.

The Chrome were 1965 ONLY deluxe, I thought. 65/66 Standard buckles were still the 'buttonless' plastic buckles.

In 1967, they switched to the colored buckles, with the 'GM' logo in the button, if I recall correctly.

Eric

Date: October 13, 2020 08:56PM

Funny, one company has the correct buckles, another has the right color and pattern webbing. Seems a waste to buy a seat belt for $160 and send it to the other to be re-webbed for $140+. Still hoping someone has a nice set stashed away from a car they parted out.

[www.oerparts.com]

[www.seatbeltsplus.com]

Scott
Danville, In.
'65 Corsa basket case
'66 Monza coupe
[corvaircenter.com]

Attachments:

Posted by: corventure Dave ()
Date: October 15, 2020 07:18AM

Check out Ssnake Oyl products. They do excellent rebuilds of original belts down to the finest detail.
I have had several sets done by them. Even the belt webbing and stitching is original and they even have the Erving Chute Co. tag shown above.

Corventure Dave

Date: October 15, 2020 03:51PM

I tried to find pricing since that's a concern, may end up going to Juliano's hot rod shop for generic belts. Did find these reviews of Ssake-oyl, not trying to bad mouth anyone, but not encouraging.

[www.yelp.com]

Anyone have experience with Python Restorations?

[pythonrestoration.com]

Scott
Danville, In.
'65 Corsa basket case
'66 Monza coupe
[corvaircenter.com]

Posted by: Marco_a_p ()
Date: October 17, 2020 03:24PM

There is no mention of the type of belts or brands, although one review from 2013
states "the most common belt, when they first started they focused on GM Belts.
I know first hand of their quality on the GM Belts from the 60's and 70's.

Cant speak for any of the MoPar or Fomoco brands though, or any others that they may do....

Marco
A 2nd Gen Monza Wagon, a 2nd Gen GB 8door, a 2nd Gen (61's were 1st Gen) R/s and a 62nd Gen Turbo coupe..

Hanging out with the scorpions, king snakes, road runners, coyotes and quails In the southern desert of the silver state
Mesquite NV 89024

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.