Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
REPORTS CORSA Annual Membership Meeting via Zoom TODAY!!! Nov. 10th smiling bouncing smiley
Posted by: Allan Lacki ()
Date: September 23, 2020 08:18AM

CORVAIR SOCIETY OF AMERICA ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
Date: Tuesday November 10, 2020
Time: 9 PM Eastern
Method: Zoom

Article X of the CORSA By-Laws calls for the Society to conduct a general membership meeting during the annual convention. Due to COVID-19, we are not having a convention this year and so, we’ll be conducting the meeting using Zoom instead. It’s the next best thing to having an in-person meeting. All CORSA members are invited to participate.

We will use Zoom’s webinar format with live video panelists interacting with members of the audience. President Mike Hall and other members of the Board of Directors will serve as the panelists. The audience will consist of you, our CORSA members.

RSVP! We need a count of the number of members who will be joining the Zoom session. If you plan to participate, send your email address to Secretary Allan Lacki at redbat01@verizon.net. Also, feel free to include topics you would like us to address during the session.

Approximately 24 hours in advance of the Zoom session, we will email the Zoom “room number” and any further instructions for you.

Although Zoom works best with a personal computer connected to the internet, you can join the session using a common telephone.

Allan Lacki and Josh Deitcher
Members of the CORSA Board of Directors

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2020 08:07PM by MattNall.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CORSA Annual Membership Meeting via Zoom
Posted by: Seth Emerson ()
Date: September 23, 2020 09:58AM

I will "attend". e-mail sent.

Re: CORSA Annual Membership Meeting via Zoom Nov. 10th smiling bouncing smiley
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: October 20, 2020 08:52AM

Anyone "practice" yet? Any questions?

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Date: October 21, 2020 10:57AM

Go here to TEST your PC / Laptop / Phone! [zoom.us]

..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Date: November 03, 2020 09:17PM

Re: smileys with beer CORSA Annual Membership Meeting via Zoom Nov. 10th smiling bouncing smiley
Date: November 07, 2020 07:28AM

Hello Everybody,

This email goes out to all the CORSA members who have registered for our Year 2020 Annual Membership Meeting, scheduled for Tuesday November 10 at 9 PM Eastern. So far, there are 104 of us.

This is simply to remind you that, approximately 24 hours in advance of the Zoom session, we will email the Zoom “room number” and any further instructions for you.

Have you ever used Zoom before? If not, you might want to try [zoom.us] to see how it works. If possible, please use a desktop of laptop PC that has a camera and microphone to get the full experience. (Almost every desktop and laptop comes with a built-in camera and microphone). Of course, nobody will be on the "test" meeting but you. But you'll get a sense of how to navigate. When you hover your "mouse" toward the bottom of the screen, you'll see icons that will enable you to "Join Audio", "Share Video", show the list of "Participants", etc. We'll be using some of these during the actual Zoom meeting on the 10th.

Allan Lacki
CORSA Secretary
redbat01@verizon.net

Re: smileys with beer CORSA Annual Membership Meeting via Zoom TODAY!!! Nov. 10th smiling bouncing smiley
Posted by: oldqmguy ()
Date: November 10, 2020 05:03PM

OK, I want to join the meeting!

How do I do that?

Dale confused smiley

Dale E. Smiley CPBE
Life Member The Society of Broadcast Engineers
RETIRED Broadcast Engineer
CERTIFIED CORVAIR NUT
CORSA/Circle City Corvairs/Corvair Performance Group
Avon, Indiana
WB9SFF
1967 4-Door Monza PG!

Re: smileys with beer CORSA Annual Membership Meeting via Zoom TODAY!!! Nov. 10th smiling bouncing smiley
Date: November 10, 2020 05:11PM

Read the TOP POST DALE!! gggg and hurry!

Date: November 10, 2020 05:22PM

I have sent several messages to Allan but have not gotten any reply!

That is why I put it on here!

Dale sad smiley

Dale E. Smiley CPBE
CERTIFIED CORVAIR NUT
Avon, Indiana
WB9SFF
1967 4-Door Monza PG!

Posted by: Timothy Shortle ()
Date: November 10, 2020 05:27PM

I just got into town and also am hoping to join and "see" all my Corvair friends.
33 minutes and counting before the meeting starts.

Date: November 10, 2020 05:30PM

Timothy, do you have the 'meeting ID' or 'link name?'

I am not getting any replies to my question on 'how' to join!

Dale

Dale E. Smiley CPBE
CERTIFIED CORVAIR NUT
Avon, Indiana
WB9SFF
1967 4-Door Monza PG!

Posted by: jstranc ()
Date: November 10, 2020 06:26PM

Who has password or number to join ? got nothing in email today.

Posted by: jstranc ()
Date: November 10, 2020 06:35PM

I have now tried for over 30 minutes and no answer so I guess locked out of meeting for this year?

Date: November 10, 2020 08:04PM

Hello Jim Stranc,

'Sorry you weren't able to join us. You and I traded a couple of emails, but you never specifically asked to be on the Zoom meeting. That's why you didn't receive the instructions to log into the Zoom meeting. It was nothing deliberate on our part; just an oversight. The Zoom session was recorded and I'll by typing up my notes during the next few days.

You always have the option to contact the CORSA Board directly if you have questions. Send an email to corsabod@corvair.org and we'll reply.

Al Lacki

Re: REPORTS CORSA Annual Membership Meeting via Zoom TODAY!!! Nov. 10th smiling bouncing smiley
Date: November 10, 2020 08:10PM

It was nice to see some faces and NAMES tonight Good turnout and a well run /structured meeting.

Re: REPORTS CORSA Annual Membership Meeting via Zoom TODAY!!! Nov. 10th smiling bouncing smiley
Posted by: Timothy Shortle ()
Date: November 11, 2020 08:09AM

I also enjoyed it and seeing all the faces of our Corvair family members. Good information and plans too.

Posted by: Paulsgt ()
Date: November 11, 2020 12:21PM

Thanks to everyone who joined last night. It was a good meeting. Probably better attended than when we hold them at the convention. We will work towards doing this more often.

Enjoy the Corvair!

Paul Sergeant
CORSA Central Division Director / CORSA Treasurer
Lee's Summit, MO
CORSA since 1975
Member – HACOA, Corvair Minnesota, CORSA, Little Indians, POCI

Posted by: 67 airvair ()
Date: November 11, 2020 02:41PM

I would have attended, but had a conflicting meeting (also by Zoom). Any minutes, hot topics, decisions, news, etc.?

-Mark

Date: November 13, 2020 05:57AM

The Corvair Society of America held its Membership Meeting for 2020 on the evening of Tuesday, November 10 via Zoom. A video of the 2020 CORSA Membership Zoom Meeting is now up on YouTube. Here’s the link:

[youtu.be]

It is 1 hour and 24 minutes long. The first couple of minutes of the session were not recorded, so it starts with Mike Hall talking about plans for the 2022 CORSA Convention in Peach Tree City, Georgia. But aside from that, it’s complete.

Presenters included Mike (President), Jeannette Alberte (Membership), Jerry Brown (Merchandise), Allan Lacki (Secretary) and Paul Sergeant (Treasurer).

The presentations were followed by a question and answer for members beginning at the 41st minute. The question and answer session lasted for the remainder of the Zoom session.

Sixty-eight members were participated. Special thanks go to CORSA Board Member Josh Deitcher, who arranged, moderated and recorded the meeting. And of course, we thank all of you who were there with us.

Date: November 13, 2020 06:11AM

By the way, we got Dale into the Zoom meeting! Thanks for joining us Dale! smiling bouncing smiley

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.