Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
SOLD!! Unique OEM rear door safety locks w/instructions.
Posted by: Westds ()
Date: September 15, 2020 07:28PM

I have never seen these however they are genuine GM with a date of late 1964 on the instructions. It forces you to use a key or other tool to lift the unlock knob and open the door. I believe they would work on front doors also. They include parts for two doors and an Allen wrench to install them. $5.00 per pair I have about 6 pair.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2020 08:14PM by MattNall.

Attachments:

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: F/S Unique OEM rear door safety locks w/instructions.
Posted by: junkman ()
Date: September 16, 2020 09:31AM

PM sent

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Re: F/S Unique OEM rear door safety locks w/instructions.
Posted by: Westds ()
Date: September 16, 2020 07:55PM

SOLD

Re: SOLD!! Unique OEM rear door safety locks w/instructions.
Posted by: CorvairHaven ()
Date: September 17, 2020 08:32AM

It sounds like once you're inside the back seat that you can't get out. Correct or not?

Posted by: detroitdude ()
Date: September 17, 2020 09:33AM

CorvairHaven Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It sounds like once you're inside the back seat that you can't get out. Correct or not?

I believe they were used to make sure your kids didn't open the door while driving down the road. You could use your GM key and push up in the slot to open up the door lock knob.
As long as your kids didn't have a extra key they couldn't get the door opened. I actually had these installed on my 66 4 door hardtop.

Dan Dood
69 Monza Convertible
66 500 Coupe

Detroit, Michigan

Posted by: RexJohnson ()
Date: September 17, 2020 10:05AM

I have a set like this and in an emergency they probably would not be good. I also have a set dated for '67 and their design looks much safer in an emergency.

RJ tools
Salem,Oregon

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.