Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
LM Front Door Vent Window ?
Posted by: Ducs ()
Date: September 15, 2020 08:36AM

I need to replace the front door vent window glass. Is just the glass part replaceable or I would have to replace the entire assembly ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: LM Front Door Vent Window ?
Posted by: corvairdoug ()
Date: September 15, 2020 08:55AM

The glass itself is replaceable, although it takes quite a bit of work to get it out, if I remember correctly.When I did mine, I had the whole assembly out of the car so it could be rechromed. Once you have the whole thing out, the window isn't that hard to change.
Someone else here may chime in and have an easier way. If not, and you need help or walked through it, PM me and I'll be glad to help.

Re: LM Front Door Vent Window ?
Posted by: 67 airvair ()
Date: September 15, 2020 02:11PM

The vent window assembly is actually very easy to take apart, other than the window channel assembly. There are only three phillips head screws holding the assembly together, along with the nut on the bottom of the vent pivot shaft. The one screw is buried in the bottom of the upper corner rubber tip. The other two are on the end of the window channel horizontal leg. All three screw into the heavy "A" pillar casting.

-Mark

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.