Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
1964 Spyder Convertible with Esquire Top Hot Springs AR
Date: September 11, 2020 05:23AM

Well here's the "mint" hardtop car I've been considering. It's located in Pearcy Arkansas. Woman is parting with entire car collection. 1964 Spyder convertible in Bahama Green, been repainted at some point. Esquire hardtop supposedly in mint condition. Two links below with different photos. VIN 40667W130256. Sellers phone number is 870-949-0441, very nice lady. $10k buys it. I've not seen it in person but have visited over the phone about the car. Her boyfriend and her bought it in 2011. Bought the hardtop from someone else and added it to car. VIN isn't in registry that I could find.

[www.facebook.com]

[www.facebook.com]

Steve
Cassville, MO

1963 Corvair Monza 900 Coupe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2020 05:28AM by RoaringRiverRanger.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1964 Spyder Convertible with Esquire Top Hot Springs AR
Posted by: scottymac ()
Date: September 12, 2020 05:07PM

Steve,
Just idle curiosity, I'm not familiar with the Esquire top, or even early models for that matter. Do the roll up windows seal against the top well enough to provide a waterproof driving experience?

Scott
Danville, In.
'65 Corsa basket case
'66 Monza coupe
[corvaircenter.com]

Re: 1964 Spyder Convertible with Esquire Top Hot Springs AR
Date: September 12, 2020 06:32PM

I'm not sure about how it seals. I found this on FB Marketplace and all communication has been over the phone. She said it was "mint" and that her boyfriend gave $6k for it in 2011 from a guy in Memphis. I think the Memphis guy smoked em...From what everyone has said on here, these hardtops weren't the greatest and even a really good one isn't worth much. I found during my research, Esquire made these for several different model convertibles, not just Vairs. Consensus here is that a super great wonderful one might fetch $2k tops.

Steve
Cassville, MO

1963 Corvair Monza 900 Coupe

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.