Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
TIBCO (Cliff T) A/C compressor information see PM
Posted by: 66vairman ()
Date: September 07, 2020 06:24PM

Cliff (TIBCO) the PM notifications are down. Please check your PM's regarding Sanden SD5H compressor data. You mentioned an issue with the HD version in Corvairs years ago and I think I've confirmed it. See PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2020 06:25PM by 66vairman.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: TIBCO (Cliff T) A/C compressor information see PM
Posted by: TIBCO ()
Date: September 07, 2020 08:32PM

Got it, thanks. See your PMs

Cliff Tibbitts
Nicholasville, KY
CORSA, CKCE, Derby City Corvairs
66 Monza, 140/4sp

Posted by: TIBCO ()
Date: September 08, 2020 12:10PM

You may want to change the name of this thread, or start a new one as I believe this information is important for anyone who has installed a compressor from Clark's. Maybe they are no longer selling the HD unit, but they sure did sell a lot of them in the beginning.

Cliff Tibbitts
Nicholasville, KY
CORSA, CKCE, Derby City Corvairs
66 Monza, 140/4sp

Date: September 08, 2020 01:09PM

TIBCO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You may want to change the name of this thread, or start a new one as I believe this information is important for anyone who has installed a compressor from Clark's. Maybe they are no longer selling the HD unit, but they sure did sell a lot of them in the beginning.

Cliff - I don't like to share information until I can confirm it. Anybody who has looked at the different Sanden manuals knows they have contradictory information.

As time permits I'll be working on the both the SD5H14HD Clark's once sold and the SD7H15 that Clark's now sells. Note Sanden refers to SD7H15 as a "HD" on their order page, but not in some manuals. Hopefully Sanden tech support can help.

Posted by: azdave ()
Date: September 08, 2020 02:04PM

66vairman Wrote:
>Anybody who has looked at the different Sanden manuals knows they have contradictory information.

10-4 on that! I have an old Sanden in my Mazda B2000 and after an exhaustive online search for information I ended up taking it in person to the counter of a local A/C shop. They got everything squared away and sent me home with the proper repair parts. They said not to trust the online info but I already knew that by the time I found them.

Dave W. / Gilbert Arizona
65 Corsa 140/4
66 Corsa 140/4
66 Corsa 140/4 w/factory A/C
66 Corsa 455 Toro V8
65 Monza Convertible 110/4
66 Monza Convertible 140/4 A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5

Posted by: joelsplace ()
Date: September 11, 2020 03:43PM

I thought the HD meant it had a dust seal to protect the clutch and front seal in dirty environments.

Joel
Northlake, TX
5 Ultravans, 114 Corvairs and counting...

Date: September 12, 2020 11:20AM

joelsplace Wrote:
> I thought the HD meant it had a dust seal to protect the clutch and front seal in dirty environments.

Joel - depends on which Sanden manual you look at. In some HD includes a bearing cover AND a huge dust cover over the pulley/clutch unit. In other manuals it's only a bearing seal.

The more I look through the Sanden manuals the more questions I have. I did email Sanden's tech folks and after a week NO response. Hmmmmmm.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.