Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: 62 rampside rejuvenation!
Posted by: autocomman ()
Date: October 13, 2020 03:45PM

Oh man, this beast keeps running better and better. Such a cool truck! Ride is really good too considering its a cabover, im impressed. Could be sofened a bit but really, its pretty nice. Has not skipped a beat, driven it all weekend. Almost 200 miles so far. Also got the wiper linkage removed cleaned and lubrcated. Wipers are actually pretty fast for just the one speed.

Got it cleaned up too, can ya tell? Heh, the clenser I used was starting to take off some rust, couldnt have that now. But I got all the dirt off, windows still have some kinda film on em, cant get it off. Totally digging this beast. I love bringing stuff back from the dead, ive got no complaints here. But it will be parked for a week or so while I wait for a new shifter seal and the roll pin for the shifter.

Also what do you do for the floor plug over the master cylinder? This is the larger plug that wekk, no one seems to have.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: joelsplace ()
Date: October 13, 2020 05:35PM

So maybe someone should read it ... Not too slippery at all.
"In normal operation, the sulfur/phosphorous additive forms a black sacrificial coating on the gears and anything it touches with a little pressure and temperature. As the gears turn, instead of wearing, the sacrificial coating of additives is peeled off or worn off. This is normal and acceptable in all steel gears. But when one or more of the surfaces is brass or another soft metal, the sacrificial coating is stronger than the base metal, and instead of just peeling off, it takes with it a few microns of brass that it is bound to."

Joel
Northlake, TX
5 Ultravans, 113 Corvairs and counting...

Date: October 13, 2020 06:14PM

the little I have driven it with the GL5 its not happy, so ive been double clutching to aviod any crunching. It will get GL4 before its driven anymor, with the new seal

Posted by: joelsplace ()
Date: October 13, 2020 06:54PM

You do know that 1st is not synchronized?

Joel
Northlake, TX
5 Ultravans, 113 Corvairs and counting...

Posted by: Wagon Master ()
Date: October 13, 2020 09:22PM

[www.ebay.com]

'29 Ford Model A Tudor
'61 700 Lakewood 110 4 speed
'69 Monza Convert. 140 Auto.
'70 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4 speed

Been aircooled since 1973
Northwest Ohio

Date: October 14, 2020 12:52AM

Yeah that's pretty obvious. Rev match to get in 1st if I really need to. I've driven non synchro cars before, this is no biggie

Date: October 28, 2020 09:04PM

Well it's been fun, it's been real...she's done and gone. Moved onto the new owner. I got my corvair fix and I'm happy I did it. Such a cool truck, if I had the space and $ I'd have kept it. And the more I drove it the better it ran.

Thanks to everyone here for the help and info. Good forums are sometime share to find and I wasn't disappointed. Now onto the next project, an MGB GT that's gonna get a Buick 3800 V6 and a 5 speed. Only question is supercharged or NA. This one is gonna be just as fun.

Date: October 28, 2020 09:06PM

And one last sweet pic

[/url]

Posted by: Eido ()
Date: October 29, 2020 06:54AM

Can’t believe you sold her after all that!

Those wheels look good. Do you happen to know what you had on there?

Date: October 29, 2020 08:06AM

The wheels were rally knockoffs, 15x6 made by vision wheel. It was under 350 for a set with the center caps from summit racing. There are a few different cap choices. Price point was great, and can't beat that classic look.

Pages: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.