Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Hi from Polandsmiling smiley
Posted by: greg_pl ()
Date: July 25, 2020 04:54AM

Hi everyone,

my name is Greg and I live in Poland (mostly)
I did lots of restorations of old porsche & mercedes in my life.
Now my father bought 1967 Corvair Monza Convertible in poor shape. He asked me for help but I'm complete rookie in american cars. I need complete floor, fenders (repair kits will be useful) and probably lots of other parts. Will you guys give mi some hints where are the best places to buy it?

excuse my english

best regards
Greg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hi from Polandsmiling smiley
Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: July 25, 2020 05:49AM

Welcome. A great little unique car you have now.

Start with Clark's Corvair Parts in Massachusetts. One of our main vendors. We list of sponsors on left side of this discussion and see them and California Corvairs.

Also post on this forum for parts and pieces you want to buy WTB.

Get yourself all manuals on the Corvair you can get they will help you. Also use Google to find answers for info you are seeking. If you have a question, probably been asked before. Might save you some time.

If you send me a pm with your email address, I will send you a list of Corvair related documents I have acquired in 11 years.

Al Lane
Ellabell, GA 31308

1966 Monza Coupe, 110 hp, 4 Spd
1966 Monza More Door 110 hp, PG
1968 Camaro SS Coupe 350 CI 295+ hp PG
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe, 6 dr, 80 hp car engine, PG
1947 Farmall A tractor 15 hp

Posted by: JimBrandberg ()
Date: July 25, 2020 05:51AM

Clarks Corvair Parts is a good place to start. It's nice to have their paper catalog which has a lot of drawings.

Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com

Posted by: Colorsarge ()
Date: July 25, 2020 05:55AM

For used parts especially, The Corvair Ranch in Gettysburg, Pa. Is great to deal with. ????????

Date: July 25, 2020 06:30AM

Many thanks! I would have to spend weeks to google it

Posted by: ken ()
Date: July 25, 2020 10:43AM

Good information here at Corvair Center. Ask a question and somebody will help you . Lots on info here at above like this.
"Sticky: FAQ's! And Events Listings! "

Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: July 25, 2020 10:49AM

Al meant that the "Search" function on the forum is not the best.
If you do a google search of the question you have, and ADD Corvair Center Forum, you might have better luck finding the answer to your question.
IE: front grill site:corvaircenter.com <enter>
But feel free to ask all the questions you want on here.
Someone will usually respond fairly quick. Unless it is during the night.
The forum is normally a bit slow between 8:00pm Pacific Time, and 8:00Am Eastern Time.
OH! and

WELCOME TO CCF ! ! !

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border,
I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
Have; '66 Monza Coupe - 140, 4-spd. Daily driver beater
'67 Monza Vert. - 140, 4-spd. Daily driver beater
'67 A/C Moredoor Monza
Have had; '61 Monza coupe, 80hp, PG
'62 Monza Wagon, 4spd.
'63 Spyder,
'65 Corsa
non-vair
'04 Dodge Cummins Quad Dually, approaching 400K
'03 Honda Del Sol
17'Terry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2020 11:22AM by MattNall.

Posted by: MarkDustan ()
Date: July 25, 2020 01:02PM

Greg. Congratulations times 2. First you have purchased one of the most revolutionary cars ever designed by General Motors. and 2. You have found CCF. It is a fabulous resource.

Of course as mentioned earlier you need an assembly manual. If you are too excited to wait for the section and then you can download the 1965manual you can go to www.1969corvair.com. There is a technical section tab, click on that and download the 1965 manual. This is the manual you will use as it covers all late model Corvairs. You will need the 1967 supplement but that is not on line that I know of.

I am always happy to help. I am doing a ground up restoration of a 1965 Corsa Convertible. I am nearing completion after 5 years

Do not forget to join the Corvair Society of America (CORSA) they have a ton of information. Also visit the Corvair Preservation Foundation.just google it.

The 1966 was going to be the last year for for Corvairs, but GM kept making them. The 1967 Has many changes so be careful as some parts are unique to 1967 like the doors and hinges for that year only

Date: July 25, 2020 01:20PM

During this time when many of you are stuck at home and have a good excuse to work on your Corvair. I thought I would give you some resources for working on your car. Of course unfinished projects are obvious. However, for me, it requires that I do some research to be able to do the project properly. So, I thought I would explain some of the resources I personally use for research.
First and foremost for me, the most valuable is the Assembly Manual. Many of you know the nuances of each year, so there are assembly manuals with supplements for each year.i bought a full sets of all the manuals in 1970. Kept them until some time in the 1990’s, saying “what would I ever need these for and gave them to the Goodwill...oops. My car is a 1965 Chevrolet Corsa Convertible, so To get me started into Corvairs again I ordered a CD that had the pages that I thought would be easy to read and search. Well, I was wrong. The pages are not easy to read and there is no search function. So at one of the swap meets I bought a print version. But that is not the only reference you need. It lists nearly all the parts used, but not how they go together or ajust them and it does not have the screws, bolts, nuts and washer sizes, but does have the GM part numbers. .Steve Brown told me that the Canadian Assembly manual has the actual sizes that is really handy it is not as comprehensive But I ordered one and added to my library. I have a list (excel spread sheet) that lists the GM part numbers with the color and plating and type of head specifically for Corvairs. For you see, I am obsessed with making sure I use the exact and correct fastener. Don Homuth of Corsa Oregon ordered a full set of fasteners for a 1965 convertible from Clark’s. It cost around $500. Had planned to publish a list with pictures, however just this week discovered there is a Standard parts manual prepared by GM in 1982 that has all the fasteners listed. I ordered one to add to my library. In addition, I bought the Parts list from 1970 available from Clark’s (really cheap). It allows you to look up the parts like they did at the Chevy dealer. Another resource is the Parts and Accessory list by year. I do not have one of these for 1965 or 1966, so I have the parts looked up by one of the Corsa members who has one.

There is another manual that is extremely useful. It is the Shop manual. It again is year specific. It does NOT list the part numbers. You all remember that a Chevrolet did not build the a Corvair Body! It was Fisher Body. So to understand the parts that came on the body by Fisher, you need the Body service manual. I bought myself a 1966 Fisher Body manual and added to my library.
For Christmas my wife bought me a Junkyard Primer version 2. It helps identify parts when you are ar a swap meet or junkyard. It has the major components like distributors, heads, blocks, transmissions and various other parts. You can get some late model manuals on line at www.1969corvair.com

So remember these valuable publications:
Assembly Manual
Canadian Assembly Manual (to get bolt sizes)
Parts Manual
Parts and accessory catalog
Shop Manual
Fisher Body Manual
Corvair Junkyard primer version 2

Another resource is Clark’s new website. You can enter a GM Parts number into the search bar and I am told it will provide a Clark’s part number if they have it

GM Wiki will provide a valuable resource. If you enter in the search bar, it will list every GM publication where that part appears. For example say a turn signal arm by part member it will bring up a copy of the publication. I may be listed in a Corvair Assembly manual, but also a Chevelle or Corvette or Firebird. It can be handy for finding what GM products used the same part. You can lways resort to using Google and type in GM part # ——. The CORSA website has a section (if you are a member) called Stock is which explains what actually came from the factory on your car.

Being the cheap bastard that I am, I like to compare prices. Recently I searched for a convertible power top relay. I found them for as much as $165 yet I was able to find the exact part number (reproduction) for $29.88 free shipping
One of my favorite research tools is Corvair Gold for determining authenticity of Corvair accessories. Just do a search in google. It was compiled by David Trull.

I think all of you know there are Corvair parts dealers around the US. They often have NOS parts, reproduction parts and used parts. You can also use the following Corvair Blogs to find parts and help, many are new Facebook pages They include:

Clark’s Corvair
California Corvairs
Raffee Corvairs
Corvair Ranch
Corvair Trader
Corvair Trading
Corvair Chat buy and sell
Corvair Marketplace
Corvair Community
Swap Corvair parts
Custom Corvair Owners
Corvair nuts of No. America
Corvair Racers
Corvair Pilot
65-69 Chevy Corvair
Corvair 500
Group Corvair
Chevy Corvair Rampside Pickups
Corvair Stuff
Corvair Trading
Corvair Center Phorum
Corvair Forum
Corvair Owners Group
Corvanatics (FC)
Corvair 1965 - 1969 Second Generation
1969Corvair.com
Corsa
Vintage Corvair Models
Corvair track classic
The 1969 Corvair Group
1960 Caveman Corvair
GM Heritage Center
Corvair Preservation Museum
Corvair Lakewood Monza wagon group
Corsaoregon.weebly.com
And of course all the Corvair clubs around the world
If you have other resources, please stop by our Website and drop us a note

Mark Dustan

Date: July 25, 2020 03:25PM

Mark:

You missed Corvair Parts on Facebook. He sells lots of NOS, NORS and used Corvair Parts. Located in South Carolina. Unfortunately with Facebook, no indexing of what is there. You have to go to his wall and scroll back u til you see something you want or send him a message to ask about a part you are looking for.

But isn't that the way with everything on facebook. No quick access to past posts.

Al Lane
Ellabell, GA 31308

Date: July 25, 2020 07:23PM

Thanks Al. Do not think I have been there but will visit

Posted by: corventure Dave ()
Date: July 28, 2020 08:21AM

Witamy i pzdrowienia.

Did I get that right???smileys with beer

Corventure Dave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2020 08:21AM by corventure Dave.

Date: July 29, 2020 03:55AM

Almost right winking smiley
My father is very excited about this project (dream car of a kid) so he asked me to buy another one eye rolling smiley
Are there many differences between 1964 and 1967? I mean body parts mostly (floor pans, fenders etc.

regards
g

Date: July 29, 2020 04:11AM

Yes. New style body at 65.

Al Lane
Ellabell, GA 31308

Attachments:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.