Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Old Stuff That Came With My Car
Posted by: Patrick Croan ()
Date: June 25, 2020 07:59PM

Going through items I found in my car and in boxes that came with it when I purchased it in 2003. I have several old Communique magazines (Volume 1) and other books including a likely rare pamphlet titled “Corvair Carburetors” written by Red Jackson that mentions Seth Emerson as a “shining star”. There are 40-year old receipts and order forms from Corvair vendors of the era including pages and pages from Clarks with descriptions, part numbers and prices all filled-in and totaled by hand. I have speeding tickets, a petrified roach (blew up through the defroster once I got it working) registrations, newspaper clippings, a 45rpm record sleeve, and a baby’s arm holding an apple.

I forgot the effort required simply to place an order, and the time it took for the order to get to the vendor by mail, back orders and mistakes dealt with, then sent out. All the while when many of us were using our cars for daily transportation. Different times.

Attachments:

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old Stuff That Came With My Car
Posted by: Patrick Croan ()
Date: June 25, 2020 08:00PM

More.

Attachments:

Posted by: Timothy Shortle ()
Date: June 25, 2020 08:10PM

I love that stuff. Glad you got out that petrified roach. That was back when possession of was probably a felony.

Posted by: joelsplace ()
Date: June 25, 2020 08:59PM

Funny guy! You and your roaches. I know a guy that did 5 years in a federal prison for 1/10 gram.

Joel
Northlake, TX
5 Ultravans, 114 Corvairs and counting...

Posted by: playerpage ()
Date: June 26, 2020 10:27AM

Even though I've heard the term before, it took me a few minutes to realize what "roaches" referred to.

I can't decide if it makes me feel young or feel old.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.