Corvair DiagramCorvair Photo
Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"



Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Current Page: 7 of 9
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: July 10, 2020 12:58PM

MattNall Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sold in 11 hrs! "not to be" Was ugly Red..but a nice car!
In reference to this car...
Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: July 08, 2020 04:38PM

Yes it was gone yesterday but it appears to be back today, who knows why it went missing but again, it might be worth looking at. [www.facebook.com]

1962 95 F.C. Van
1965 Monza Coupe
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2020 12:58PM by Caraholic4life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: Jaslinmnz ()
Date: July 11, 2020 05:32AM

[m.facebook.com]

What do we think about this one ?
I was thinking (if it’s in good condition) I could TRY to talk down the price.

Just so you all know, I’m not necessarily looking for a convertible (though I’m not opposed to it) just that the ones I’ve been seeing lately have pretty much been convertibles.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: Jaslinmnz ()
Date: July 11, 2020 05:32AM

Caraholic4life Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> MattNall Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > Sold in 11 hrs! "not to be" Was ugly Red..but a nice car!
> In reference to this car...
> Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
> Date: July 08, 2020 04:38PM
>
> Yes it was gone yesterday but it appears to be back today, who knows why it went missing but again, it might be worth looking at. [www.facebook.com]

Thanks I’ll give it a look

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: July 11, 2020 07:12AM

Jaslinmnz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [m.facebook.com]
>
> What do we think about this one ?
> I was thinking (if it’s in good condition) I could TRY to talk down the price.
>
> Just so you all know, I’m not necessarily looking for a convertible (though I’m not opposed to it) just that the ones I’ve been seeing lately have pretty much been convertibles.

Personally I have to doubt the integrity and honesty of an individual that posts a car with prices like this one.
I sincerely doubt they would be willing to sell it for $1,111.00 as it is advertised in the title. IF you could get it for that price, go for it, if it is a good solid vehicle.
Getting a bad car for a lower price is not usually a good deal in any respect. As I have said previously...Don't be in a hurry to buy just any car.
IF the individual posts a different, higher asking price in the text of the ad, they have (in my opinion) posted the lower price as "Bait for gullible individuals".
From that point going forward I would not trust anything they say as accurate or truthful.
Should you contact an individual that uses these types of tactics in an ad, and you actually communicate with them, then even go look at the vehicle, I would suggest that you use EXTREME CAUTION while doing so. I doubt that the misleading price in the title of the ad was an error or accidental. JMO
I would also be very suspicious if such a vehicle was recently repainted or claimed to have been "Completely Restored".

1962 95 F.C. Van
1965 Monza Coupe
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2020 07:16AM by Caraholic4life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: joelsplace ()
Date: July 11, 2020 08:03AM

I'm with you on that. If they lie about something you can't miss why wouldn't they lie about something harder to verify?

Joel
Northlake, TX
5 Ultravans, 114 Corvairs and counting...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: Jaslinmnz ()
Date: July 11, 2020 08:03AM

Caraholic4life Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jaslinmnz Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > [m.facebook.com]
> >
> > What do we think about this one ?
> > I was thinking (if it’s in good condition) I could TRY to talk down the price.
> >
> > Just so you all know, I’m not necessarily looking for a convertible (though I’m not opposed to it) just that the ones I’ve been seeing lately have pretty much been convertibles.
>
> Personally I have to doubt the integrity and honesty of an individual that posts a car with prices like this one.
> I sincerely doubt they would be willing to sell it for $1,111.00 as it is advertised in the title. IF you could get it for that price, go for it, if it is a good solid vehicle.
> Getting a bad car for a lower price is not usually a good deal in any respect. As I have said previously...Don't be in a hurry to buy just any car.
> IF the individual posts a different, higher asking price in the text of the ad, they have (in my opinion) posted the lower price as "Bait for gullible individuals".
> From that point going forward I would not trust anything they say as accurate or truthful.
> Should you contact an individual that uses these types of tactics in an ad, and you actually communicate with them, then even go look at the vehicle, I would suggest that you use EXTREME CAUTION while doing so. I doubt that the misleading price in the title of the ad was an error or accidental. JMO
> I would also be very suspicious if such a vehicle was recently repainted or claimed to have been "Completely Restored".

The price is actually incorrect, in the description it’s $15,000 (FB sometimes goofs up ppl’s prices in the “title” of the post) which is why I said I’d see if I can get it lower since $15 is way out of range.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: Jaslinmnz ()
Date: July 11, 2020 08:05AM

Continuing off of what I said, I understand why you thought that. When I initially saw it I was thinking “no way” until I looked @ the description. I doubt I’d ever get anything for $1,000

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: July 11, 2020 08:07AM

Jaslinmnz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [m.facebook.com]
>
> What do we think about this one ?
> I was thinking (if it’s in good condition) I could TRY to talk down the price.
>
> Just so you all know, I’m not necessarily looking for a convertible (though I’m not opposed to it) just that the ones I’ve been seeing lately have pretty much been convertibles.

The seller sounds like a used car salesperson. Saying "Call US" and terms like "Cream Puff", "Highly Sought after" are a tip off to me.
The car is nowhere near "Stock" and there are no photo's of the underside, or engine/drivetrain, trunk, etc... in an ad for this car. Just the "Pretty Photo's". Personally I am not a fan of the white paint on the inside dash and doors, steering wheel, and column but that is simply an opinion. It does however show that someone has spent considerable time and effort to make this car reflect their preferences. How well this work was executed is unknown without close inspection.
The Coker Tires tell me someone was not afraid to spend money on the car but they could also be old tires that may look good but still need replaced by now.
The seller mentions it is a 6 cylinder but then does not mention 95HP, 110HP, or 140HP which is another sign of someone that may not be very sure of what they are selling. Again this is just what I am reading into it.
Should you elect to go look at the car, look at it closely and be ready for them to stand firm on their asking price.
Be prepared to walk away if they evade your direct questions and give vague answers.


[www.facebook.com]

1966 Chevrolet Corvair (READ DESCRIPTION) · Monza
$1,111
Vehicles
Listed 8 weeks ago in Delran, NJ
About This Vehicle
Driven 63,071 miles
Automatic transmission
Exterior color: Red · Interior color: White
Excellent condition
Seller's description
Price $15,000
Mileage: 63,071
Transmission: Auto
Exterior: Ruby Red
Interior: White vinyl, black carpet

1966 CHEVROLET CORVAIR MONZA CONVERTIBLE This is a highly sought after 1966 Chevrolet Corvair Monza Convertible finished in a Ruby Red exterior and a super clean white vinyl interior with brand new black carpet. Powered by a 6-Cylinder engine with 63,071 original miles. The convertible top is like new! The Corvair was the only American designed and mass-produced passenger vehicle to use a rear-mounted air-cooled engine and it’s immaculate. This piece of history features chrome accents, bucket seats, Coker 4-ply w/w tires, wire wheel spinner covers, original AM radio, lighter, heater, which all are in working order and the original owner’s manual. This car is a cream puff and in showroom condition. It has won several car shows. GIVE US A CALL @[hidden information] with any questions you may have, if no one answers leave a message with your contact info.We will call you back

1962 95 F.C. Van
1965 Monza Coupe
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Attachments:


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: Jaslinmnz ()
Date: July 11, 2020 08:10AM

Caraholic4life Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jaslinmnz Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > [m.facebook.com]
> >
> > What do we think about this one ?
> > I was thinking (if it’s in good condition) I could TRY to talk down the price.
> >
> > Just so you all know, I’m not necessarily looking for a convertible (though I’m not opposed to it) just that the ones I’ve been seeing lately have pretty much been convertibles.
>
> The seller sounds like a used car salesperson. Saying "Call US" and terms like "Cream Puff", "Highly Sought after" are a tip off to me.
> The car is nowhere near "Stock" and there are no photo's of the underside, or engine/drivetrain, trunk, etc... in an ad for this car. Just the "Pretty Photo's". Personally I am not a fan of the white paint on the inside dash and doors, steering wheel, and column but that is simply an opinion. It does however show that someone has spent considerable time and effort to make this car reflect their preferences. How well this work was executed is unknown without close inspection.
> The Coker Tires tell me someone was not afraid to spend money on the car but they could also be old tires that may look good but still need replaced by now.
> The seller mentions it is a 6 cylinder but then does not mention 95HP, 110HP, or 140HP which is another sign of someone that may not be very sure of what they are selling. Again this is just what I am reading into it.
> Should you elect to go look at the car, look at it closely and be ready for them to stand firm on their asking price.
> Be prepared to walk away if they evade your direct questions and give vague answers.
>
>
> [www.facebook.com]
>
> 1966 Chevrolet Corvair (READ DESCRIPTION) · Monza
> $1,111
> Vehicles
> Listed 8 weeks ago in Delran, NJ
> About This Vehicle
> Driven 63,071 miles
> Automatic transmission
> Exterior color: Red · Interior color: White
> Excellent condition
> Seller's description
> Price $15,000
> Mileage: 63,071
> Transmission: Auto
> Exterior: Ruby Red
> Interior: White vinyl, black carpet
>
> 1966 CHEVROLET CORVAIR MONZA CONVERTIBLE This is a highly sought after 1966 Chevrolet Corvair Monza Convertible finished in a Ruby Red exterior and a super clean white vinyl interior with brand new black carpet. Powered by a 6-Cylinder engine with 63,071 original miles. The convertible top is like new! The Corvair was the only American designed and mass-produced passenger vehicle to use a rear-mounted air-cooled engine and it’s immaculate. This piece of history features chrome accents, bucket seats, Coker 4-ply w/w tires, wire wheel spinner covers, original AM radio, lighter, heater, which all are in working order and the original owner’s manual. This car is a cream puff and in showroom condition. It has won several car shows. GIVE US A CALL @[hidden information] with any questions you may have, if no one answers leave a message with your contact info.We will call you back

Ok, thank you for letting me know

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: July 11, 2020 08:28AM

Jaslinmnz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Continuing off of what I said, I understand why you thought that. When I initially saw it I was thinking “no way” until I looked @ the description. I doubt I’d ever get anything for $1,000

I sent you a Private Message. (actually two of them)

1962 95 F.C. Van
1965 Monza Coupe
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2020 08:37AM by Caraholic4life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: July 11, 2020 02:20PM

Caraholic4life Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here is a 1965 Monza Convertible listed on Facebook about three hours ago.
> It appears to be about 67 miles from you which should be close enough to go look at sooner than later.grinning smiley (It appears to be near Harrisburg PA.)
> [www.facebook.com]
> Here is a cut and paste from the ad: Same owner for the past 36 Years.
> IF you have your heart set on a convertible, this might be worth looking at.
> Remember to inspect the critical area's as mentioned previously for other cars.
>
> 1965 Chevrolet Classic
> $8,200
> Vehicles
> Listed 3 hours ago in Lemoyne, PA
> About This Vehicle
> Driven 72,000 miles
> Automatic transmission
> Exterior color: Red · Interior color: Black
> Fuel type: Gasoline
> Excellent condition
> Seller's description
> 1965 CORVAIR MONZA CONVERTIBLE
> All original car, with year-correct NOS badges, trim, bumpers and upholsery; original red with black interior and white top;padded dash; wire wheel covers; new carpet; 110 automatic; excellently maintained, and never driven in rain or bad weather; garaged for the last 36 years that I've owned it. Call 7 one 7-7 three7-7 nine 77.


This car has been SOLD....Ask me how I know.grinning smiley

1962 95 F.C. Van
1965 Monza Coupe
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: July 11, 2020 02:27PM

Okay, since you asked us to, "How do you know?"

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border,
I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
Have; '66 Monza Coupe - 140, 4-spd. Daily driver beater
'67 Monza Vert. - 140, 4-spd. Daily driver beater
'67 A/C Moredoor Monza
Have had; '61 Monza coupe, 80hp, PG
'62 Monza Wagon, 4spd.
'63 Spyder,
'65 Corsa
.
non-vair
'04 Dodge Cummins Quad Dually, approaching 400K
'03 Honda Del Sol
17'Terry

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: July 11, 2020 03:03PM

American Mel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Okay, since you asked us to, "How do you know?"

I posted another thread. [corvaircenter.com]

Yeah, I went and bought it myself.

1962 95 F.C. Van
1965 Monza Coupe
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: Jaslinmnz ()
Date: July 11, 2020 06:59PM

Caraholic4life Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> American Mel Wrote:
> -------------------------------------------------------
> > Okay, since you asked us to, "How do you know?"
>
> I posted another thread. [corvaircenter.com]
>
> Yeah, I went and bought it myself.


Congrats !

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: Jaslinmnz ()
Date: July 13, 2020 03:55PM

Can I ask where you all go to search ? I’ve been doing so mainly on Facebook & it’s not the best. Google is meh. Any websites or anything ?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: Wagon Master ()
Date: July 13, 2020 04:06PM

I paruse here,
[corvaircenter.com]
And the Corsa communique.


'29 Ford Model A Tudor
'61 700 Lakewood 110 4 speed
'69 Monza Convert. 140 Auto.
'70 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4 speed

Been aircooled since 1973
Northwest Ohio

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: July 13, 2020 04:13PM

Searchtempest...[www.searchtempest.com]

Cars.com........[www.cars.com] This one can be tricky to look for Corvair's but it can be done. Sometimes I look up Corvette first in the 1960-1969 range then the Corvair selection is visible. They mostly stick to newer vehicles.

Facebook Corvair Trader (Public Group) [www.facebook.com]

Old Car Trader...[classics.autotrader.com]

Ownster.com......[ownster.com]

Hemmings Motor News..[www.hemmings.com]

I do not go to all these sites daily, and some only once in a while, but they are all can have different vehicles other sites do not list.

1962 95 F.C. Van
1965 Monza Coupe
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: July 13, 2020 04:24PM

IF you have not yet found the right Corvair when the Central Pennsylvania Corvair Club has their "Corvair Day" Event on September 19, 2020 at the (EMMR).
The Eastern Museum of Motor Racing located at 100 Baltimore Rd in York Springs, PA. [emmr.org]
You might benefit by attending. This way you can look at member's Corvair's as well as meet others with similar interests.
IF your Dad is a "Car Guy" he might also enjoy the day.
It is about an hour and a half drive from your general location just off of Route 15.

1962 95 F.C. Van
1965 Monza Coupe
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.



Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2020 04:26PM by Caraholic4life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: Jaslinmnz ()
Date: July 13, 2020 05:41PM

Caraholic4life Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> IF you have not yet found the right Corvair when the Central Pennsylvania Corvair Club has their "Corvair Day" Event on September 19, 2020 at the (EMMR).
> The Eastern Museum of Motor Racing located at 100 Baltimore Rd in York Springs, PA. [emmr.org]
> You might benefit by attending. This way you can look at member's Corvair's as well as meet others with similar interests.
> IF your Dad is a "Car Guy" he might also enjoy the day.
> It is about an hour and a half drive from your general location just off of Route 15.

Yeah I did hear about that & was looking into going, thx

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: July 14, 2020 01:10PM

Jas...
Here are a couple of photo's showing what to be wary of when looking at Corvair's. especially Convertibles.

The rocker panel and lower door jamb show signs of rust that may have been repaired and is showing it's self yet again.

1962 95 F.C. Van
1965 Monza Coupe
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Attachments:

Options: ReplyQuote
Current Page: 7 of 9


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.