Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: guthrie1068 ()
Date: June 10, 2020 06:17PM

I saw it on the trader, but had to go to the marketplace to get the link to work Matt.

Chad Guthrie
Onondaga, MI
'63 convertible

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jaslinmnz ()
Date: June 23, 2020 10:40AM

Update: I’m still planning on getting a Corvair, but I’m still saving $$ & having a bit of a hard time finding something close that’s in good condition. I’m leaning more towards getting one that’s in Pennsylvania only because this state has strange laws on classic cars so I just want to make sure that it has been & can be continued to be used as a daily driver.

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: June 23, 2020 10:49AM

What do you have to spend NOW? Knowing that some sellers should speak up!

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: June 23, 2020 11:20AM

Both my More and Greebrier have Georgia titles in my name. I will be selling one for sure. The other when I get my Camaro back on the road.

Al Lane
Ellabell, GA 31308

1966 Monza Coupe, 110 hp, 4 Spd
1966 Monza More Door 110 hp, PG
1968 Camaro SS Coupe 350 CI 295+ hp PG
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe, 6 dr, 80 hp car engine, PG
1947 Farmall A tractor 15 hp

Date: June 23, 2020 12:17PM

MattNall Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What do you have to spend NOW? Knowing that some sellers should speak up!

As of right now I have $5,000 something. I was tryna save up to around $8,800 so that I get a nice & good quality ‘Vair

Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: June 23, 2020 01:16PM

Good ones come in all prices! Just luck after close inspection and driving evaluation.
Seven years ago I bought a'67 rusted door jambs...one used head installed by seller, As was a rear wheel bearing after the deal was made. I've needed to change the lower strut rods-rear and front brake shoes and painted after 3 years of use.

I've now put over 24k trouble free miles in 7 years. I bought "sight unseen" from a member here....

$1500 +$200 to transport..Wish ALL the other used cars were this easy!! GG

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: FLSteve ()
Date: June 23, 2020 01:55PM

Price does not always mean good transportation. I bought a 69 (looked ratty) years ago for $300 put new breaks on it drove the car for 10 years as a backup. Had 64 paid $3500 it was in good condition the engine was rebuilt it lasted about 6 month of weekend driving.

Date: June 23, 2020 03:30PM

MattNall Wrote:
> Good ones come in all prices! Just luck after close inspection and driving evaluation.
> Seven years ago I bought a'67 rusted door jambs...one used head installed by seller, As was a rear wheel bearing after the deal was made. I've needed to change the lower strut rods-rear and front brake shoes and painted after 3 years of use.
>
> I've now put over 24k trouble free miles in 7 years. I bought "sight unseen" from a member here....
>
> $1500 +$200 to transport..Wish ALL the other used cars were this easy!! GG

True, very true. I’m just trying to get someone to help me inspect it once I find one in my budget that is in good shape

Date: June 23, 2020 03:43PM

I personally don't think that will be an issue at all. Most Corvair ppl will go totally out of their way to assist others and more importantly a new person getting into Corvairs. When you find your car there will many to offer!!!!

> True, very true. I’m just trying to get someone to help me inspect it once I find one in my budget that is in good shape

Date: June 23, 2020 05:07PM

FLSteve Wrote:
> I personally don't think that will be an issue at all. Most Corvair ppl will go totally out of their way to assist others and more importantly a new person getting into Corvairs. When you find your car there will many to offer!!!!
>
>
> > True, very true. I’m just trying to get someone to help me inspect it once I find one in my budget that is in good shape

That’s good to hear, thank you

Posted by: MonzaDave ()
Date: June 24, 2020 10:52AM

I'd let my '65 restmod go for around $45K -- I have more than that invested.

Dave Keillor
Rochester, MN

Attachments:

Posted by: playerpage ()
Date: June 24, 2020 11:56AM

Looks like that one is a little bit out of his League.

May I just pipe in and recommend the road trip idea? He could probably find a pretty nice one somewhere in the 5 to $8,000 range he is looking for out here in California, and then just drive it home. I used to live in Pennsylvania, it's about a 3 to 4-day trip to California if you're really hauling, 5 to 7 days leisurely.

And I slept in the back seat of a late model when I was my twenties. No problem. I did it again in my thirties, and slept okay but woke up with temporary back issues. At 47, I think the next time I take the Corvair on a long trip I will bring a tent and a sleeping bag.

Eric C. Player, Porterville, CA, USA (Seriously! It's the USA out here!)
MEMBER: CORSA National, Central Coast CORSA, South Coast CORSA, Vintage CORSA, Sfba CORSA, and the San Joaquin Valley Corvair Club.
THEN:
1965 Monza 110, Canary Yellow
1965 Corsa 180 Turbo, Red
1966 Monza 110, Purple
1967 Monza 140, Red
1966 500 110, Black; nicknamed "Shadow"
1965 Monza 110, Camaro Yellow; nicknamed "Silver"
NOW:
1966 Corsa 180 Turbo, Blue; nicknamed "Bluvair"

"He cautioned me not to take notes. It would not have helped if I had, as he would start a paragraph with, 'It is therefore obvious. . .'
and go on from there to matters which may have been obvious to him and God but to no one else."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, character of Daniel B. Davis, 'The Door Into Summer.'

Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: June 24, 2020 01:06PM

From Northeast to California, sure thing. He thinks Georgia is too far already.

Al Lane
Ellabell, GA 31308

1966 Monza Coupe, 110 hp, 4 Spd
1966 Monza More Door 110 hp, PG
1968 Camaro SS Coupe 350 CI 295+ hp PG
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe, 6 dr, 80 hp car engine, PG
1947 Farmall A tractor 15 hp

Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: June 24, 2020 01:38PM

Thats a problem with kids today. eye rolling smiley
No sense of adventure! sad smiley
When I was a kid in my early twenties, I drove from Portland OR. to Ceres CA. just to spend a weekend with some friends.
That is OVER 1300 miles round trip.
And I didn't even get a car out of the deal! grinning smiley
And kids today don't want to drive across those TINY little East Coast states in order to purchase one of the finest Automobiles EVER created ? ! ? ! ? eye popping smiley

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border,
I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
Have; '66 Monza Coupe - 140, 4-spd. Daily driver beater
'67 Monza Vert. - 140, 4-spd. Daily driver beater
'67 A/C Moredoor Monza
Have had; '61 Monza coupe, 80hp, PG
'62 Monza Wagon, 4spd.
'63 Spyder,
'65 Corsa
non-vair
'04 Dodge Cummins Quad Dually, approaching 400K
'03 Honda Del Sol
17'Terry

Posted by: joelsplace ()
Date: June 24, 2020 01:41PM

Some of us can't afford the time out of our schedules or don't want the risk or both. I may have considered rebuilding a transmission on the side of the road 30 or more years ago but not now. Maybe my adventure went along with the hearing.

Joel
Northlake, TX
5 Ultravans, 114 Corvairs and counting...

Date: June 24, 2020 03:00PM

Also as he stated getting a car from a different state might be an issue. Keep looking and you will find the car you are looking for. Check out the Corvair Ranch the biggest "Corvair Junkyard" so he might have leads on a few that someone wants to see go to a good home.

Posted by: 1963RedBrier ()
Date: June 25, 2020 04:16AM

PM Sent...

Posted by: Timothy Shortle ()
Date: June 25, 2020 09:07AM

I doubt this person is lacking in his quest for adventure. I think he is pretty young and maybe other constraints are in effect. He might still be in high school? Or his parents won't allow him to go out for days on end in this current situation. Or?

Date: June 25, 2020 11:06AM

I’m a girl y’all lol sorry I felt weird about correcting everyone.
& I would definitely be open to going on a little road trip to pick up a car but my parents wouldn’t let me. Yes, I’m on the cusp of 20 but they’re pretty strict & also not up for coming along. Also I do think at this point it’d be better to get a car from Pennsylvania Bc they have laws on classic & antique cars being driven daily so I just want to be sure that if I buy one I will be able to use it as a daily driver by asking the person I buy it from if they had been able to use it in such a way.

Posted by: Timothy Shortle ()
Date: June 25, 2020 11:40AM

Thank you Jaslin, I stand corrected. We have other girls on this site, in our clubs, and driving these cars. I used to be 20 (40 YEARS AGO!) and lived with my parents who also were strict. But I made it. As far as your states laws I don't believe they could stop you from bringing a car from out of state. Using it as a daily driver vs. registering it as a classic car are 2 different things though.

Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.