Corvair DiagramCorvair Photo
Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"



Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Current Page: 9 of 9
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: FLSteve ()
Date: July 30, 2020 05:35PM

Caraholic4life Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Additional photo's for the above sedan.
> The asking price is well within your budget, it is advertised as having had a good amount of recent work done to it and appears to be owned by a Corvair enthusiast.

That is a clean looking undercarriage

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: August 16, 2020 10:26AM

Bump to top....

I've been looking but have not seen anything recently advertised that I would consider worthy of bringing to your attention....

1962 95 F.C. Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: Jaslinmnz ()
Date: August 22, 2020 07:52PM

Caraholic4life Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bump to top....
>
> I've been looking but have not seen anything recently advertised that I would consider worthy of bringing to your attention....


Sorry for the late response I didn’t get notified :/ but that’s ok, me neither, still searching tho thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: September 04, 2020 03:02PM

Bump to the top...I sent a PM with a potential candidate....

1962 95 F.C. Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Attachments:


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: September 04, 2020 03:07PM

Just completed the suspension on my More Door. All major maintenance is now completed. I am now driving it around with For Sale signs.

Al
Georgia



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2020 03:08PM by Lane66m.

Attachments:
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: Beers ()
Date: September 04, 2020 09:28PM

Looks good Al

63 Monza Spyder convertible [www.corvairforum.com]
SF Bay Area, CA

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: September 05, 2020 03:16AM

Thank you. It gets lots of thumbs up and horn honks.

Al
Georgia

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: Jaslinmnz ()
Date: September 12, 2020 01:22PM

Sorry everyone !! I have no clue why I wasn’t getting notifications?? My email is still attached & I wasn’t logged out so..dunno. Anyway, I appreciate the help I’m still currently looking (fingers crossed) I’m still working on getting my license anyway so as of this current moment it’s not like I HAVE to have a car now. However once I do, a car is absolutely necessary since I plan on moving out once I do. Fingers crossed tight & still very much hoping I have find a Corvair by then, thanks again everyone

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: Timothy Shortle ()
Date: September 12, 2020 01:34PM

Your car shines Al. 110HP PG? A/C? Asking price please.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: September 12, 2020 02:06PM

You didn't get any notifications, because "Notifications" is out of order right now.
Nobody is getting them.
For the foreseeable future, you are going to need to check-in at least once a day to see what is happening on your thread.
Take a REAL GOOD, SERIOUS look at Al's car!
It is a nice one, and he has an entire thread that covers everything that he has done to it.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border,
I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
Have; '66 Monza Coupe - 140, 4-spd. Daily driver beater
'67 Monza Vert. - 140, 4-spd. Daily driver beater
'67 A/C Moredoor Monza
Have had; '61 Monza coupe, 80hp, PG
'62 Monza Wagon, 4spd.
'63 Spyder,
'65 Corsa
.
non-vair
'04 Dodge Cummins Quad Dually, approaching 400K
'03 Honda Del Sol
17'Terry
[corvaircenter.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: September 12, 2020 02:19PM

Mel. Actually 3 threads. One for the engine build, one for the engine test and one for the More Door work.


Tim, I sent you a PM.

Al
Georgia

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: acardon ()
Date: September 13, 2020 08:10AM

This is the hardest post to follow that I've ever seen. I'm not sure a playbook will help to know who is selling what and who is buying and for how much. smiling smiley
It would be nice to start new threads for different sellers and buyers.

Don
Southlake, Texas
The Trunk Belongs in Front, Ask Any Elephant
Caution: Images in This Mirror May be Waterpumpers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: September 13, 2020 08:50AM

This thread was initially by one individual that is in the market for a Corvair.
The replies are to let that individual know of potential vehicles they may be interested in looking at.
This is NOT a general thread advertising vehicles. Those are listed individually and elsewhere on this forum.

1962 95 F.C. Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: September 27, 2020 10:50AM

Bump topic with new prospect that can be seen at the upcoming Carlisle event.
[harrisburg.craigslist.org]

Here is a cut and paste from the adsad smileyPosted about 2 hours ago)
Chevrolet Corvair Monza - $8,900 (Carlisle)

1966 Corvair Sport Sedan
4 Door Hardtop
Automatic Power Glide Transmission
140 HP 4 Carb Corsa Engine
Air Conditioned
Tinted Glass
Bucket Seats
Dual Exhausts
Ermine White Paint

This car is an all original survivor. The car has been in Eastern NC since new. It was ordered with the options listed above as the personal car of an Eastern NC Chevrolet dealership owner in 1966. The owner drove the car daily to the dealership till his retirement in the 90's. It was then purchased by the second owner from his estate. I purchased from the second owner. The car drives, shifts and stops perfectly. The 4 carbs have been rebuilt and new Roger Parent linkage was installed. New tires, new paint, 14" Cutlass wheels, new carpet, air filters and seat extenders have been installed. Air is cold. The body is straight with good chrome. Clear NC title. The car can be driven and enjoyed now. The car will be in Carlisle Pa. on Wednesday September 23. Space # CC96. Drop by and take a look. $8900
Contact# Two,Five,Two-Three,Four,One-Two,Nine,Nine,Nine Gary

If the photo's look blurry it is because I cropped and resized them.
The ad does have additional photo's.
I think this car may have been the same one I pointed out previously when it was being advertised further south.
See Re:
Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: July 04, 2020 08:15AM


1962 95 F.C. Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2020 10:54AM by Caraholic4life.

Attachments:


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: FLSteve ()
Date: September 27, 2020 12:32PM

Wow that is a very nice 66!!

Caraholic4life Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Bump topic with new prospect that can be seen at the upcoming Carlisle event.
> [harrisburg.craigslist.org]
>
> Here is a cut and paste from the adsad smileyPosted about 2 hours ago)
> Chevrolet Corvair Monza - $8,900 (Carlisle)
>
> 1966 Corvair Sport Sedan
> 4 Door Hardtop
> Automatic Power Glide Transmission
> 140 HP 4 Carb Corsa Engine
> Air Conditioned
> Tinted Glass
> Bucket Seats
> Dual Exhausts
> Ermine White Paint
>
> This car is an all original survivor. The car has been in Eastern NC since new. It was ordered with the options listed above as the personal car of an Eastern NC Chevrolet dealership owner in 1966. The owner drove the car daily to the dealership till his retirement in the 90's. It was then purchased by the second owner from his estate. I purchased from the second owner. The car drives, shifts and stops perfectly. The 4 carbs have been rebuilt and new Roger Parent linkage was installed. New tires, new paint, 14" Cutlass wheels, new carpet, air filters and seat extenders have been installed. Air is cold. The body is straight with good chrome. Clear NC title. The car can be driven and enjoyed now. The car will be in Carlisle Pa. on Wednesday September 23. Space # CC96. Drop by and take a look. $8900
> Contact# Two,Five,Two-Three,Four,One-Two,Nine,Nine,Nine Gary
>
> If the photo's look blurry it is because I cropped and resized them.
> The ad does have additional photo's.
> I think this car may have been the same one I pointed out previously when it was being advertised further south.
> See Re:
> Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
> Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
> Date: July 04, 2020 08:15AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: Caraholic4life ()
Date: September 27, 2020 12:41PM

It appears the seller has updated the ad since I posted the link here.
The only difference I see is a correction of the date the car will be in Carlisle.
The car will be in Carlisle Pa. on Wednesday September 30. Space # CC96. Drop by and take a look.

Prior to that, I did notice there was a bump in the price from the July posting which tells me there may be some wiggle room.confused smiley

1962 95 F.C. Van
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe
1965 Monza Coupe
1965 Monza Convertible
Westminster, Maryland

MID ENG enthusiast &
prior Kelmark owner.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: Jaslinmnz ()
Date: September 28, 2020 08:19PM

Caraholic4life Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It appears the seller has updated the ad since I posted the link here.
> The only difference I see is a correction of the date the car will be in Carlisle.
> The car will be in Carlisle Pa. on Wednesday September 30. Space # CC96. Drop by and take a look.
>
> Prior to that, I did notice there was a bump in the price from the July posting which tells me there may be some wiggle room.confused smiley


I remember seeing that one & thought it was nice but far if I have time after work & all else goes well I’ll definitely take a look

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: American Mel ()
Date: September 28, 2020 11:17PM

As I stated before, if I were looking for a nice Corvair on the East Coast, I would take a REAL SERIOUS look at Al's car ! ! !
He has done a LOT to make it a reliable driver for regular use.
If you think it is too far, then maybe you should talk to him about meeting half-way?
Al is a reasonable guy, I bet he would work with you, IF you are serious.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
WA. state, 1 mile south of the Canadian border,
I am not at the end of the world, but you can see it from here.
Have; '66 Monza Coupe - 140, 4-spd. Daily driver beater
'67 Monza Vert. - 140, 4-spd. Daily driver beater
'67 A/C Moredoor Monza
Have had; '61 Monza coupe, 80hp, PG
'62 Monza Wagon, 4spd.
'63 Spyder,
'65 Corsa
.
non-vair
'04 Dodge Cummins Quad Dually, approaching 400K
'03 Honda Del Sol
17'Terry
[corvaircenter.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: Skizz ()
Date: September 29, 2020 02:48AM

I'm familiar with the 66 that will be in Carlisle.
Very nice car, runs and drives great.

64 Monza Vert
64 Spyder Vert
2002 Chev 1500
1996 Impalla SS
Eastern NC

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone selling their ‘Vair ?
Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: September 29, 2020 03:29AM

Mel:

I am reasonable, but Vair is not leaving Georgia unless it is on a trip for Donna and me. To move it for a possible sale would require they post funds to pay expenses to get it there and back, if they don't buy it. I would have to bring my truck to get us back. Driving a second vehicle like a Silverado is a 1100 mile trip just halfway to PA.

Now, if they pay for the car and provide funds to move it to PA, I would bring Vair up. I would bring my truck/RV and and make it a vacation in Maine next spring. Getting late to do it this year.

Easier that they read all I have done and look at all photos posted, then drive down here for a close up view. A 3 day trip max with 2 drivers. Take the car back, if they want it. Or if they are sure they will buy it, fly down and pick it up. But I still like the idea of having a second vehicle acting as a support vehicle for any classic car.

This car is going to Maggie Valley again this year. A 350 mile one way trip. I have no qualms in having Donna driving it there. Me and truck/RV will be in lead.

Al
Georgia

Options: ReplyQuote
Current Page: 9 of 9


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.