Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Help GM part#
Posted by: Mojan_n ()
Date: May 18, 2020 05:12PM

What’s the GM part number for 64 car REAR suspension A-Arm bushings?

Example from Clark catalog:

[www.corvair.com]

1964 Corvair Monza Coupe, 110 hp, PG
Fremont, CA

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help GM part#
Posted by: junkman ()
Date: May 18, 2020 05:54PM

part # 3714368 group # 5.381 (6.170)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2020 05:55PM by junkman.

Date: May 18, 2020 07:03PM

Thanks....I found some on RockAuto, which brand do you recommend?

QUICK STEER K304 {#3714368}

MOOG K304 {#3714368}

DELPHI TD4368W {#3714368}

[www.rockauto.com]

junkman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> part # 3714368 group # 5.381 (6.170)

Posted by: joelsplace ()
Date: May 18, 2020 07:06PM

I would buy the Moog. They have a lifetime warranty and RockAuto honors warranties now.

Joel
Northlake, TX
5 Ultravans, 114 Corvairs and counting...

Date: May 18, 2020 07:19PM

DELPHI is the new name for GM / Delco. On parts like this, sometimes it comes down to price and warranty, and many times, one company manufactures them, and sells them to others to rebrand as their own.
A few years ago I bought an inexpensive cam sensor for my Mercedes, and when it arrived, it was identical in every way to the OEM on my engine, including some numbers on the part. You never know any longer who the true manufacturer is.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Date: May 18, 2020 08:50PM

Is there any online source to find GM part#? Like the one you found for me?

junkman Wrote:
> part # 3714368 group # 5.381 (6.170)

Date: May 19, 2020 06:10AM

No, you have to know the proper nomenclature that GM used, to get to the proper group number, and then you search the group for the part, unless you have lots of experience, and know where to look... or you can sometimes find it in the index, and if all else fails, GM in some parts manuals will have break down pictures of the various parts of the car, which will give you the group number for a particular part. There are some other things that you need to know, such as the trim number(s) and or the series number(s)

“The Life of a Parts (man) Person.” updated title for those politically correct forum members.

I claim I’m no mechanic,

But when the job goes sick

The mechanic comes and asks me

What makes the darn thing tick?

I’m supposed to know

Numbers of bolts, nuts and gears

For every car that was ever made

For more than 50 years.

I’m an engineer and machinist

And what not, oh Lord.

I’m supposed to be an Edison

Combined with Henry Ford.

But life would be a pleasure

And I’d grin from ear to ear

If the customer would only tell me

The make, model and year.

Posted by: Wagon Master ()
Date: May 19, 2020 06:13AM

Date: May 19, 2020 06:39AM

Wagon Master Wrote:
> [www.gmpartswiki.com]

How do you find the part number using the link that you provided, when all you have is the Clarks part number?

Posted by: Wagon Master ()
Date: May 19, 2020 07:11AM

You don't.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.