Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
WTB : 1960 Trim Clips
Posted by: 60corvair ()
Date: May 15, 2020 05:22AM

Hello, I have a 1960 Corvair 4 door and I'm looking the the clips for the belt line trim. I did try searching this question on the forum and all I found was a suggestion to look in the NOS book for Clark's. Clark's does list the clips needed to attach the belt line trim but it's NOS and they don't have any left. So my question is what are some other people using for their belt line trim. There most be other clips that are available that work. Thanks.

needpart.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2020 07:52AM by MattNall.

Re: WTB : 1960 Trim Clips
Posted by: junkman ()
Date: May 15, 2020 09:06AM

There are a number of different clips that were used. Pictured below are part numbers 4777621 & 4782005, although they were both in an envelope, and I have no idea which is which, just know that the 2 part numbers were on the bag, and there is a parts plant dealer picking tag with one part number also in the bag. These are not for sale, and are for identification purposes only. I also have some NOS 1960/1961 stainless steel trim if you need some. Among them are both right and left rear quarter moldings for the coupe.

Picture showing what clips are used, number used, and location.

[gmpartswiki.com]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2020 09:09AM by junkman.

Attachments:
Date: May 15, 2020 10:12AM

Well I can't say say for sure but I think the ones on the left in the picture is the style that I'm looking for. I've never seen any with rubber on them yet.
Thank you for the offer on NOS belt line trim but all the pieces I have are in decent shape I just need to be able to hold it on.

Posted by: JimBrandberg ()
Date: May 15, 2020 11:45AM

I was under the impression that 60 trim was different than 61, maybe narrower?
I don't know about the clips.
I know I'm not helping, just thought through more discussion I could learn something.

Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com

Date: May 15, 2020 01:30PM

JimBrandberg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was under the impression that 60 trim was different than 61, maybe narrower?
> I don't know about the clips.
> I know I'm not helping, just thought through more discussion I could learn something.

Depends on the model within the year. Book shows Monza being different, however, I would need to do more research to confirm that a 1966 book is correct, but it isn't important, unless someone is looking for a part. Unfortunately, there is no cross reference for many of the early parts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Posted by: JimBrandberg ()
Date: May 16, 2020 06:20AM

So a 60 Monza has beltline trim? I thought just 700s like subsequent years.

Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com

Date: May 16, 2020 07:18AM

JimBrandberg Wrote:
> So a 60 Monza has beltline trim? I thought just 700s like subsequent years.

I said that the Monza was different according to the parts book. That doesn't mean that a Monza has beltline trim or not, it just indicates that this trim isn't for a Monza. When reading a parts manual, you never make assumptions beyond what is on the printed page. As you can see from the picture I have just posted of a 1960 Monza, there is no belt line trim.

Attachments:
Posted by: RexJohnson ()
Date: May 16, 2020 09:29AM

You might give Jeff at the ranch a call as he has a lot of clips.

RJ tools
Salem,Oregon

Posted by: blackspyder ()
Date: May 17, 2020 04:02AM

Check out restoration specialties in windber pa, they should have want you need.

Roger Fedor
Whitehall, PA
1963 Spyder Coupe, currently undergoing re-restoration

Posted by: caroseiii ()
Date: May 17, 2020 06:29AM

Monza has rocket stainless. Those clips are not the same. Also, 1961 rocker clips are different from 1960.

Crawford

C.A. Rose
Metairie, LA
1962 Spyders

Date: May 17, 2020 07:01AM

caroseiii Wrote:
> Monza has rocket stainless. Those clips are not the same. Also, 1961 rocker clips are different from 1960.
>
> Crawford

Does the Monza also have a rocket engine? smileys with beer

Posted by: caroseiii ()
Date: May 17, 2020 09:05AM

These phones Auto-correct things and big thumbs don’t make it any better.

Crawford

C.A. Rose
Metairie, LA
1962 Spyders

Date: May 17, 2020 09:18AM

Well I guess that's interesting I'm not not sure what year trim I have. At one point in time my 1960 was mixed with a 1964 Monza. Are the holes in the body the same on all years? I did get some trim off of another 60 and the profile I thought was just a little different but you can't really tell the difference unless you get really close. The Clips seem to be interchangeable though.

Date: May 17, 2020 02:32PM

I take that back I don't have two different styles of trim I did take a picture today of the clip. All I was really trying to find out is if anybody had run into this problem before and found a universal style clip that works well. Thanks for the suggestion to look at restoration specialties. It looks like they have some styles that might work

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2020 02:38PM by 60corvair.

Date: May 17, 2020 02:52PM

Here is the picture I don't know why I struggle so much with adding pics.

Attachments:
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.