Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
REPORTS!! Corvair Track Classic Hastings, Neb. THIS WEEKEND!!smileys with beer
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: May 09, 2020 07:35AM

APPROX 40 ENTRIES!! 70 DEGREE WEATHER PREDICTED! CATERED LUNCH

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2020 12:00PM by MattNall.

Attachments:
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Corvair Track Classic Sept.11-13th New DATES!! WHO'S GOING??
Date: July 22, 2020 08:15PM

Any additional Entrants?

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Re: Corvair Track Classic Hastings, Neb. Sept.11-13th New DATES!! WHO'S GOING?? smileys with beer
Posted by: Allan Lacki ()
Date: August 04, 2020 11:05AM

25+ drivers already registered? That's not bad at all, considering the event is more than a month away.

It's quite similar to the number of registrations we receive a month in advance, here at NECC. (NECC Motorsports = Northeast Corvair Council, Inc).

I wouldn't be surprised if many more drivers sign up between now and the week of the event. smiling bouncing smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2020 11:06AM by Allan Lacki.

Re: Corvair Track Classic Hastings, Neb. Sept.11-13th New DATES!! WHO'S GOING?? smileys with beer
Posted by: diegocorsa ()
Date: August 12, 2020 12:25PM

I want to go but it all depends if I get my car back together!

-Cory
'66 Corsa
Nebraska

Re: Corvair Track Classic Hastings, Neb. Sept.11-13th 40+ Entries!! smileys with beer
Posted by: mikeycee ()
Date: September 03, 2020 09:31PM

Myself and one other owner are going but only as spectators this year. I'm driving my 67 but can't risk damaging it. If I were physically capable it might very well be another story. It is only about 150 miles from my place. So I couldn't pass on it. Mike smiling bouncing smiley

Re: Corvair Track Classic Hastings, Neb. Sept.11-13th 40+ Entries!! smileys with beer
Date: September 07, 2020 10:18AM

Click here for the Facebook Corvir Track Classic Group for up to date info!

..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Re: Corvair Track Classic Hastings, Neb. THIS WEEKEND!!smileys with beer
Posted by: isucorvair ()
Date: September 08, 2020 08:56AM

Look forward to seeing everybody there!

Eric P.
DeWitt, IA
Iowa Corvair Enthusiasts / Corvair Minnesota / Corvanatics
61 Rampside, 66 Monza AC Vert, 66 AutoX Car, Manx Vair Buggy, Rupp Chevy Jr.

Attachments:
Posted by: diegocorsa ()
Date: September 09, 2020 08:03AM

I'LL BE THERE!! The Vair is back together!

-Cory
'66 Corsa
Nebraska

Date: September 09, 2020 08:06AM

Glad all went well in the end!

Posted by: akemper98 ()
Date: September 11, 2020 04:13AM

Hope everyone does well. Can anyone take some pics of the cars Shade has for sale? His website doesn't update often.

Re: REPORTS!! Corvair Track Classic Hastings, Neb. THIS WEEKEND!!smileys with beer
Date: September 12, 2020 12:01PM

Early runners!

Re: REPORTS!! Corvair Track Classic Hastings, Neb. THIS WEEKEND!!smileys with beer
Date: September 12, 2020 06:58PM

Today's best laptimes and number oflaps made

Date: September 12, 2020 10:13PM

Date: September 14, 2020 10:52AM

Got back home late last night. It was a BLAST as usual. Car ran hard, and didn't (really) break. I ran every lap I wanted to run.

Greg King was really trying to catch that Porsche - and came pretty close.

Eric P.
DeWitt, IA

Posted by: SpyderMan ()
Date: September 14, 2020 12:49PM

Go Roger!!

Looks like a good time.

Sam Russell
Durham NC
1962 Monza Wagon Ted Brown EFI Gen II
1964 Spyder coupe

Posted by: JimBrandberg ()
Date: September 15, 2020 07:00AM

Did Charlie Clark have his green Corvair there? I'm glad to see his name, he was a good guy at SCCA races in Midwest Division.

Is Dick Berger his long time mechanic from back in the day or am I thinking of someone else?

Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com

Date: September 15, 2020 07:41AM

MattNall Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes green vert

No, Charlie did NOT have his Green Yenko there.

Charlie was driving Dick Berger's 68 Convertible (National Winning) SCCA CP car. They each got very few runs, with big car troubles.

Eric P.
DeWitt, IA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2020 07:43AM by isucorvair.

Date: September 15, 2020 08:14AM

This is Dick Berger's 68 Convertible. Its been run at SCCA Nationals for something like 39 years in a row (until Nationals was cancelled this year).

Charlie and Dick were driving this car at Hastings.

Eric P.
DeWitt, IA

Attachments:
Posted by: tboltkc ()
Date: September 15, 2020 09:32PM

JimBrandberg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Is Dick Berger his long time mechanic from back in the day or am I thinking of someone else?

No, Dick is a fellow autocrosser and one of the few remaining "100 percenters" at the Solo Nationals along with Charlie.

Tom Holstrom was Charlie's engineer/mechanic when they were competing in SCCA road racing and autocross who also helped prepare Dick's cars. Unfortunately he has passed away.

-Travis

'65 Corsa; '63 Convertible; '62 Wagon; '65 4 Door
Heart of America Corvair Owners Assocation (Kansas City, MO)
[www.hacoa.org]

Posted by: JimBrandberg ()
Date: September 17, 2020 06:09AM

I had a chance to visit with Tom Holstrom at the SCCA races about 15 years ago. Very knowledgeable yet unassuming good guy. I was working on a vertical fan using some 911 parts at the time which wasn't going so good. Charlie still had some of the castings they had developed and I changed direction with my efforts.

In my EP class Charlie was running an RX7 in that same green color as his GT3 Corvair. Not my favorite shade but you could certainly pick it out on the track. We chatted about gaskets to seal slant tube 2-bolt header flanges.

Chuck Clark was running a 4 cylinder 912 in EP. He thought no one had ever tried it because the GCR specs were all wrong for track and such so he had to do some petitioning. I don't remember what they allowed him for engine displacement or if it was an experiment he continued with.

I imagine Jon and Mark Brakke were running away in Miatas. Jesse Prather was good too.

I think GP was still running at that time. Highlights there were Kent Prather winding the piss out of a 3 main bearing MGA and our Corvair guy Curtis Wood in an Alfa.

Sorry to go all O/T but I was reminded of a lot of good Corvair guys in Midwest Division who couldn't have been any nicer.

In the picture with the white 4-door above, there's a red with black stripes LM in the background. Is that a mid-engine 4.3 V-6 car that got sold out of Minnesota 5 or 10 years ago?

Jim Brandberg
Isanti, MN
CorvairRepair.com

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.