Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
BMW wheels
Posted by: Dave Decker ()
Date: May 01, 2020 06:31AM

I did a search and couldn't find anything. Are BMW wheels a viable option for LM 'Vairs? TIA, Cheers, Dave

Dave, Kamloops, B.C. '65 Crown V8, 2017 Mazda CX3

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: BMW wheels
Posted by: chris ()
Date: May 01, 2020 06:47AM

The bolt pattern, being 5x120mm, is very close to ours (calculates out to 5x4.72"). Many just bolt them on but others have redrilled to be on the safe side due to the small difference. Lots of members on here are running them (I even have a set but no tires).

One thing to be aware of as well is backspace (they call it offset). If you get BMW wheels, go for ones from a 5 series (e39) or 7 series (e38), as wheels from the 3 series, while having the same bolt pattern, will have the wrong offset (usually something like 40mm, which is too deep).

'65 Monza 4 door
4 speed
110hp
Gardner, KS

Heart of America Corvair Owners Association

Posted by: thewolfe ()
Date: May 01, 2020 07:02AM

I have the bmw style 5 aka rc090 wheels from an 02 525i on my car and they do fit the corvair bolt pattern but it isn't absolutely perfect. And neither is the backspace. I use 20mm spacer/ bolt pattern adapters to correct both. Others use them with no spacers or bolt pattern adaption and they seem to work fine for those folks.

Nate Wolfe
Portland OR
65 Corsa 180

Date: May 01, 2020 07:08AM

I have a chance to get some from a 1994 740iL I like the look and hopefully the offset won't be too bad.

Posted by: azdave ()
Date: May 01, 2020 07:37AM

Dave Decker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I did a search and couldn't find anything. Are BMW wheels a viable option for LM 'Vairs? TIA, Cheers, Dave

The search function here doesn't like search terms of 3 characters or less. You cannot search for BBS or BWM or short words like those. I search using Google to find things on Corvair Center.

Cut and paste or type this into the search box in Google and add your own search terms like you see in bold below.

site:corvaircenter.com bmw bbs

Here are two threads with some of my own BBS rim data. I run BMW (BBS) rims on two LM's. Many other people here do too.

[corvaircenter.com]

[corvaircenter.com]

Dave W. / Gilbert Arizona
65 Corsa 140/4
66 Corsa 140/4
66 Corsa 140/4 w/factory A/C
66 Corsa 455 Toro V8
65 Monza Convertible 110/4
66 Monza Convertible 140/4 A/C
65 Monza 4DR 140/PG w/factory A/C
65 Monza 4DR EJ20T/5

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2020 07:37AM by azdave.

Date: May 01, 2020 08:18AM

Thanks Dave!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.