Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
F / S :NOS 1964 Fawn Seat Belts Front & Rear!
Posted by: junkman ()
Date: April 22, 2020 06:08PM

For sale.. pair of front and pair of rear NOS Chevrolet Fawn seat belts. Open packages, no hardware. $1200 or an offer, plus shipping.

Just found these today, and I have another 3 cartons to sort through. They range from 1962 through 1969, all Chevrolet.

forsale

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2020 06:40PM by MattNall.

Attachments:

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: F / S :NOS 1964 Fawn Seat Belts Front & Rear!
Posted by: joelsplace ()
Date: April 22, 2020 09:17PM

I didn't know seat belts were that expensive but I can't say that I have seen any NOS in a while.

Joel
Northlake, TX
5 Ultravans, 114 Corvairs and counting...

Posted by: alphasud ()
Date: April 22, 2020 09:49PM

What year would have the bow tie script? I thought some had the fisher body script.

David North Idaho
1965 Corsa Turbo converted to 140
1971 Super Beetle with 2.5L Subaru engine
1965 Corsa mid engine project
1973 Mercedes 280 project

Posted by: corventure Dave ()
Date: April 23, 2020 09:41AM

Wow! Quite a box of gold!
And yes... Those NOS belts are expensive. Why? The same belts fit Corvettes! eye rolling smiley
I saw the 62 - 63 Chevrolet authorized seatbelt, USED buckle's only on FleaBay bid up to $400!

Irvin or Irving, as misspelled by their company secretary... parachute company, made many of the first seat belts offered in the day.

Corventure Dave

Date: April 23, 2020 12:51PM

Starting in 1965 GM began using "generic" belt buckles across many of their divisions for the lower dollar car. The standard belt buckle was plastic, and the belt with the better looking buckle was optional at extra cost. The optional buckle had the Fischer Body emblem on it.
The large satin buckle with the Fischer Body emblem in the center is 1967 vintage, the chrome buckle with the small Fischer Body emblem is 1966, and the green plastic buckle was the standard buckle for many years. I never will profess to know all about seat belts, because there are so many facts about them that are only known by those that are "experts" in their particular year cars. As an example, when looking for seat belts for my 1962 Chevrolet BelAir, I learned that there are 3 or 4 different variations that were used. Unless you are the owner of a Bloomington Gold Corvette, I seriously doubt that you would be interested in what those variations are, and would be satisfied in having a period correct belt for your car.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Attachments:

Date: April 23, 2020 01:07PM

The large polished aluminum buckle with the large Chevrolet Logo in the center is a 1962 / 1963 Blue Belt. Also notice that the attachment to the car is a 2 piece device that goes into an eye bold at the floor, and it has an extremely long blue vinyl material protector that slides over the attachment hardware after installation. One of the variations of this design belt is that prior to the color coordinated vinyl protector, all the belts used a black vinyl protector.
The painted beige buckle is a 1964 belt, and uses a dime sized Chevrolet bowtie in the center. The attachment to the floor has been refined, and now uses a bolt to retain it, and has a small vinyl boot that goes over the end to finish the installation.

Attachments:

Posted by: blackspyder ()
Date: April 23, 2020 01:44PM

I believe the webbing on the 63 is different from other years also.

Roger Fedor
Whitehall, PA
1963 Spyder Coupe, currently undergoing re-restoration

Date: April 23, 2020 02:10PM

It very well might be. That is one of the things that kept changing during production years. It was probably more of a supply issue than anything else.

Date: May 18, 2020 08:20PM

These are still available for an offer.. Don't be shy... I also have 1964 in Green available. Make an offer, any offer, ok.. somewhat reasonable offer. thanks Junk

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.