Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Corsa Speedo/Odometer
Date: March 23, 2020 01:44PM

Here is what my restomodded speedo/odometer looks like. The odometer in this Corsa dash quit working, and I would have ignored it, except that my car insurance company needs me to tell them the annual mileage. Corsa speedo/odometers are pretty rare items, so I modified mine and added the guts from a Monza/500 unit. The Monza/500 unit has a 1/10th mile readout so to accommodate the increased number of numbers – try saying that five times fast – I lengthened the aperture in the Corsa readout plate with a file that just fit the slot. The lower readout doesn’t; it is just a place holder so there wasn’t an empty slot. One potential problem is that the driven gear that turns the odometer number spool does not fully engage its drive gear, so it may wear out quickly. At this point, “quickly” is undefined.

Attachments:
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Corsa Speedo/Odometer
Posted by: jjohnsonjo ()
Date: March 23, 2020 02:16PM

I forget how I did it, but a long time ago I modified a standard housing to work with the trip ODO. It worked well for a long time then I found a decent low mileage replacement.

J.O.

65 Corsa Turbo Vert
79 Honda XL 500S
69 Honda CL 160 D
2010 BMW F 650 GS
2003 Bounder 36D
2013 KIA Optima SX turbo-AKA ZIPPY (wife,s car)
69 Newport Holiday Sailboat
Baja 150 dune buggy cart
Coleman HS 500 UTV
2016 KIA Sorento SXL Turbo

Bethlehem,Pa

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.