Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
FREE PARTS--Just pay shipping plus $5
Posted by: playerpage ()
Date: March 20, 2020 01:05PM

Hey all, as I stand around my garage with very little other places to go these days, I'm seeing a lot of items that are just hanging around and don't need to be cluttering up my life. So I'm going to offer these parts to anyone who wants them, for free, all I ask is that you pay $5 over and above whatever cost me for shipping. So if say your part was very small and was only going to cost $2 to send, I would quote you $7, if it's $23 to send, it will be quoted to you as 28. The only caveat is that multiple Parts shipped in the same container will be counted as separate orders. $5 per part and so on. I guess I'm calling this free because it seems to me that most of this is giving away things for a song.

So let's get started. I'm going to walk around my garage and speak into my device so this could be a little stream of conscious. I'm not going to edit it I'm just going to get it done and get it out there:

1) First off is an engine compartment harness. For a 66 Corsa. It is aged and brittle from 50 years being cooked by the engine, but it works fine. People know that I have spent the last couple of years baselining my car, meeting replacing items even that work properly with brand new parts, and I just replaced this harness. So be assured it was working all the way up to the moment I removed it. The only wire there's a question about is the brown thermistor wire. It was never hooked up properly and is clipped off. I didn't realize which wire it was until I put the new harness in.

Other items include--

2) A '66 Front grill. Looks good has a good spring in it but it is not Chrome it is silver painted.

3) Fan belt pulley
4) Starter solenoid.
5) Two interior door handles, pads and bases. Pretty crappy looking but they'll work for anybody that just needs a handle.
6) Alternator. Fan points in the wrong direction, but it comes with a proper fan thrown in the Box.
7) Monza Dash gas gauge. One of the lights on it is clipped, otherwise in excellent condition.
8) Corsa dash gas gauge. A bit dusty but complete.
9) A black shifter knob.
10) A white shifter knob.
11) Large turbo PCV pipe. You know the one section that goes down into the engine. NOT the big head cross piece.
12) A 1969 Monza side emblem. It has some blue paint on it but it's in really nice daily driver shape.
13) An old mechanical Summit gas regulator. Built for metal lines.
14) A pair of late model headlight bezels. In decent shape and painted silver. Not chromed.
15) A late model wiper fluid pump. The one with three nozzles going out and two electric prongs.
16) The passenger side of a late-model dashboard. No air conditioner hole, but comes with the door to the glove box.

That's it for now. I may decide that I want to get rid of some other stuff but this is what I'm offering.

If you say something on this thread and it's before someone else does, that'll put you first in line. But I would prefer that you private message me with anything that you would like to get.

for sale forsale

Eric C. Player, Porterville, CA, USA (Seriously! It's the USA out here!)
MEMBER: CORSA National, Central Coast CORSA, South Coast CORSA, Vintage CORSA, Sfba CORSA, and the San Joaquin Valley Corvair Club.
THEN:
1965 Monza 110, Canary Yellow
1965 Corsa 180 Turbo, Red
1966 Monza 110, Purple
1967 Monza 140, Red
1966 500 110, Black; nicknamed "Shadow"
1965 Monza 110, Camaro Yellow; nicknamed "Silver"
NOW:
1966 Corsa 180 Turbo, Blue; nicknamed "Bluvair"

"He cautioned me not to take notes. It would not have helped if I had, as he would start a paragraph with, 'It is therefore obvious. . .'
and go on from there to matters which may have been obvious to him and God but to no one else."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, character of Daniel B. Davis, 'The Door Into Summer.'

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2020 01:09PM by playerpage.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FREE PARTS--Just pay shipping plus $5
Posted by: MattNall ()
Date: March 20, 2020 01:55PM

Isn't the brown wire the license plate light? Thermister is the short white. wire...

Sea Mountain, between Charleston Harbor and Coos Bay! SW Oregon Coast
Click HERE for My Website...Click HERE for My TechPages!
..............................110-PG.................................................Webered-Turbo

Posted by: Lane66m ()
Date: March 20, 2020 02:15PM

Yes on that wiring fact, Matt. Brown is tail lights and license plate light. Side markers, I believe also.

Matt: 1968 wiring diagram link doesn't work, so I couldn't confirm side markers.

Al Lane
Ellabell, GA 31308

1966 Monza Coupe, 110 hp, 4 Spd
1966 Monza More Door 110 hp, PG
1968 Camaro SS Coupe 350 CI 295+ hp PG
1964 Greenbrier Deluxe, 6 dr, 80 hp car engine, PG
1947 Farmall A tractor 15 hp

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2020 02:18PM by Lane66m.

Date: March 20, 2020 02:52PM

I'll check again. But there was no white wire in this new harness or the old one.

The old harness was sending two wires into the light. I just kind of assumed that the brown was wrong. But that has been my problem in the past. I'll look again

Had a lot of respondents so far. Thanks everyone.

MEMBER: CORSA National, Central Coast CORSA, South Coast CORSA, Vintage CORSA, Sfba CORSA, and the San Joaquin Valley Corvair Club.
THEN:
1966 Monza 110, Purple
1967 Monza 140, Red
NOW:

"He cautioned me not to take notes. It would not have helped if I had, as he would start a paragraph with, 'It is therefore obvious. . .'
and go on from there to matters which may have been obvious to him and God but to no one else."

Posted by: Ratt643 ()
Date: March 20, 2020 04:43PM

PM sent!

1964 Monza Coupe
1965 Corsa 140
1967 Monza Coupe

Maryville, TN
U.S. 129 The"Tail Of The Dragon"

Date: March 20, 2020 05:49PM

Late model headlight bezels. are claimed.
Turbo PCV pipe. is claimed.
Summit gas regulator is claimed
'66 Front grill is claimed
Corsa dash gas gauge is claimed
the pulley and the white shifter knob are claimed
Alternator with extra fan is claimed.

Matt, maybe you could alter my original post with these being sold, and with the harness brown wire properly identified. Up to you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2020 05:52PM by playerpage.

Date: March 21, 2020 12:05PM

The black shifter knob is claimed. So are the dash and wiper pump.

FYI:
I am going to the post office as soon as practically possible, and won't ask for payment until I have a number for each buyer.

THEN:
1966 Monza 110, Purple
1967 Monza 140, Red
NOW:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2020 12:06PM by playerpage.

Date: March 26, 2020 05:15PM

Items 4 and 5 are the only ones left.

THEN:
1966 Monza 110, Purple
1967 Monza 140, Red
NOW:

Date: March 27, 2020 10:16AM

What am I missing? If you have to pay $5 for the parts, in addition to the shipping cost, they aren't free.

Posted by: wittsend ()
Date: March 27, 2020 10:45AM

BorondaFarmRacing Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What am I missing? If you have to pay $5 for the parts, in addition to the shipping cost, they aren't free.

Last line of the first paragraph: "$5 per part and so on. I guess I'm calling this free because it seems to me that most of this is giving away things for a song."

It takes time, boxes, tape and gas to the post office. So, I guess it can be thought of as an unstated handling charge?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.