Corvair Center
home forum corvairs calendar links Corvair Podcast
California Corvairs
Clarks Corvair
Clarks Corvair
“CORSA"

Chevy Corvair License Plate
Chevy Corvair Chrome Wheel
Corvair Center Forum :  Corvair Center Phorum The fastest message board... ever.
Corvair Center 
Clark’s
Posted by: 65180 ()
Date: March 18, 2020 01:43PM

Clark’s Corvair rocks!

A Corvair buddy and I run a part time Corvair shop here in town. About two weeks back we placed an order and it was set for delivery last Wednesday. Well it never arrived, we checked the tracking number and UPS said it was delivered at 4:27 pm that day. My buddy checked his surveillance camera, the UPS truck slowed down in front of his house at 4:29 pm but never stopped. UPS has been uncooperative, but Clark’s is sending a new shipment, no charge. You cannot beat that kind of service!

Mike Lake
Tucson, Az
65 Corsa 180
65 Corsa 140 sold
66 Monza PG
66 Monza 4sp sold
61 Lakewood sold
61 La[corvaircenter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2020 01:59PM by MattNall.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: OT- Clark’s Corvai
Posted by: TerribleTed ()
Date: March 18, 2020 01:47PM

Clark's is hands down the best mail order place I have dealt with of any type!! Always on top of things, great when there are issues, and they always keep me in the know when any issue arises.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Avid Corvair hobbiest since 1984.
I have personally performed ground up restoration on over 20 Corvairs.
I currently work full time at restoring and repairing Corvairs.
Located in the Atlanta Georgia area.
[www.facebook.com]

Re: Clark’s
Posted by: junkman ()
Date: March 18, 2020 03:02PM

Save that video, and send it to Clarks.. They will deal with UPS. I had the same thing happen many years ago with FedEx, where they said it was delivered to the side door, but there was no side door. Eventually they found the item, a NOS trunk bottom for a Corvair, and put it back on the truck. I waited all day at home for it, and it didn't arrive, but the online tracking said it was delivered. I called and advised that it hadn't arrived. Around 9 PM a driver wearing a suit delivered the package, and was very grumpy. I later learned that the same driver that said it was dropped at the side door, was the one that posted it as delivered. When he arrived back at the terminal, he was confronted about the "delivery", and after they brought in the police, he admitted to tossing packages into a low spot on the route. They went to the spot, and found many of the missing packages, and the guy in the suit was delivering them. He was one of the managers. Never heard if they prosecuted the driver. It is amazing how a few rotten apples can ruin the good reputation of the many.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woodstock CT... Located on the Connecticut / Massachusetts border, approximately 6 miles from the center of Southbridge MA. About 45 minutes from Hartford CT. 1 1/2 hours West of Boston MA. Woodstock CT to Los Angeles CA 2,937.1 miles. 1 Mile as the crow flies to Big Bird's nest.

Posted by: doug6423 ()
Date: March 18, 2020 03:58PM

Glitter Package

This youtube video of 'Porch Pirates' is great!

Doug
65 Monza
Cincy, OH

Posted by: solo2r ()
Date: March 18, 2020 09:32PM

If it a large UPS order, I just have them hold it and pick it up at their facility. But yes, Clarks has always been great to deal with!

Posted by: playerpage ()
Date: March 18, 2020 11:08PM

I recently ordered new interior door handle cushions, and when the pair arrived one of them had been assembled poorly and was coming apart. Clark's sent me a new one at their cost, and then, unexpectedly, sent me a check for the price of the faulty part.

Very cool.

Eric C. Player, Porterville, CA, USA (Seriously! It's the USA out here!)
MEMBER: CORSA National, Central Coast CORSA, South Coast CORSA, Vintage CORSA, Sfba CORSA, and the San Joaquin Valley Corvair Club.
THEN:
1965 Monza 110, Canary Yellow
1965 Corsa 180 Turbo, Red
1966 Monza 110, Purple
1967 Monza 140, Red
1966 500 110, Black; nicknamed "Shadow"
1965 Monza 110, Camaro Yellow; nicknamed "Silver"
NOW:
1966 Corsa 180 Turbo, Blue; nicknamed "Bluvair"

"He cautioned me not to take notes. It would not have helped if I had, as he would start a paragraph with, 'It is therefore obvious. . .'
and go on from there to matters which may have been obvious to him and God but to no one else."
-- Robert A. Heinlein, character of Daniel B. Davis, 'The Door Into Summer.'

Posted by: Wagon Master ()
Date: March 19, 2020 06:18AM

junkman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Around 9 PM a driver wearing a suit delivered the package, and was very grumpy.

That's too bad that the driver back a manager into a corner to where he had to do his job. He hasn't seen grumpy till somebody jacks with my Corvair parts.

'29 Ford Model A Tudor
'61 700 Lakewood 110 4 speed
'69 Monza Convert. 140 Auto.
'70 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 4 speed

Been aircooled since 1973
Northwest Ohio

Posted by: 4carbcorvair ()
Date: March 21, 2020 09:48AM

My brother sent me a laptop, well packaged from TX to ME many years ago via US postal service. It shows up at my house with a tire track across it. Yes, a crushed box with a very visible tire track. Opened the box, monitor broken, case broken, HD busted out, etc. And of coarse, we didn't insure it and the PO didn't offer the $50 coverage like they do now.

--------------------------------
Ronnie
Southern Maine.
www.dirigocorvairs.net
66 Corsa Convertible, 140, 4sp.
65 Monza Convertible, 110, PG.

It doesn't leak, it's marking it's territory.

A mirror is a reflection of the miles travelled.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.